It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive car bomb in London? Just saw on FOX news

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
They said it was massived, but was found in a car and has been defused. I will look through articles and try to find some and post they didnt give many details on FOX news.

LONDON (Reuters) - British police said on Friday they had defused a suspected bomb in central London.

in.today.reuters.com...

Man, I'm really happy it was found cant imagine what would of happened if it went off.

[edit on 6/29/2007 by racerzeke]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Way to go there, Johnny-On-The-Spot! Nice early catch!

I'm sure we'll be hearing all about this new "thwarted terror plot" in the next few days.

EDIT: So far, I do not see anything on Fox about it... still looking elsewhere...

[edit on 6/29/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Its on the News now.
It hasnt been mentioned it was massive, just that a 'Viable Device' has been found and defused or made safe.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
lol I dont know if that was supposed to be sarcastic or not

Fox news said it was massive, but I dont know.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There calling it a "potentially viable explosive device"

Will be interesting to hear what that is ?

Al queda haven`t used car bombs before so it would be interesting to see who this is.

Could be ETA or real IRA

[edit on 29-6-2007 by nescafe8572]

[edit on 29-6-2007 by nescafe8572]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

London bomb made safe by police

This is all I can find so far...

EDIT: Fox finally has their "Alert" banner up... no linked article yet though...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Fox news said they got it from sky news saying it could of been massive

I wonder how they were tipped off and how close whoever planted the explosives were to setting them off.

A "massive" explosive device found in a car in central London has been defused, Sky sources say.

news.sky.com...

[edit on 6/29/2007 by racerzeke]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Sky news are calling it a massive explosive device.

And have already ruled out IRA, but no official source has commented, so there talking out of there rear.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Location Location Location!

EDIT: Created a "News Submission" for this... linked it back to this thread.
ATS News Submission | London Car Bomb Scare (6/29/07)

EDIT: Ooo... FOX just re-worded their "Alert" banner to omit the suggestion of the suspected explosive device being "massive". Hmm. Wonder if there is anything to that...

FoxNews.com...

EDIT: Well, its official! Racerzeke broke this story on ATS before any major US news media outlet!! (online anyways)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
well hopefully with all those new traffic cams they've been installing in and around london can now trace back and catch whoever placed the car where it was found - after all... thats what they're supposed to be good for isn't it? (or were they going to be found to be not working this morning). how did they find the car in haymarket (where all the world's a stage) by the way? have they said yet?

i think its just a 'friendly' warning to the new pm to tow the line after he announced he was going to shake up the cabinet

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'd bet money that we will be seeing "video evidence" from those cameras for this... but will the evidence be trustworthy?

If we are going to court the idea that there is some conspiracy here, then we better start tackling Means & Motive issues.

Who would stand to gain from this incident?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
If we are going to court the idea that there is some conspiracy here, then we better start tackling Means & Motive issues.

Who would stand to gain from this incident?

well if it was to kill people then there is pretty much nobody on the streets in theatreland at 2am in the the morning and if the driver was hoping to leave the car parked there overnight then he obviously didn't take the london parking attendants and tow away services into consideration. if you wanted to cause financial damage you are also in the wrong area because the theatres don't make much.

also, you are more likely to be traced via the cameras when you run off because nobody else will be around so i'm really suprised they haven't caught anybody yet.

the last time nail bombs were used in london it turned out to be a deranged youth with racist motives who managed to explode 3 bombs i think before being caught.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Justyc, I'm having the same trouble trying to figure out motive. Why blowup a car there? I can't think of any special targets other than civilians.

IF this is a politically manufactured "spin generator", then it really wouldn't matter where the "event" took place.

I just cant put my finger on this one yet... who would try to do this?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
plus who on earth crashes their car bomb? Come on that sounds a little risky doesn't it?

Sounds like an abandoned vehicle with a couple of gas bottle type things in and then a massive over-reaction, media frenzy

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
nails were found on the floor of the car...

(source:skynews)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

I just cant put my finger on this one yet... who would try to do this?

Amateurs spured on by Iraq.
Its crude, as crude as they come
They July7 devices were crude, a lil more technical, but still crude.
With the knight hood recently, and Gordon brown entering office... to me its just a bunch of muslims, fuming over the nighthood, the Iraq war who thought they could become kings like their muslim brothers.
So they filled up 200L of GAS, tinkerd with diagrams off the internet... loaded it into a car, and took it to a well known, nightclubbing type district..

thankfully, they were amateurs.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
UPDATED SCENARIO MAP

news.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Amateurs spured on by Iraq.
Its crude, as crude as they come
They July7 devices were crude, a lil more technical, but still crude.
With the knight hood recently, and Gordon brown entering office... to me its just a bunch of muslims, fuming over the nighthood, the Iraq war who thought they could become kings like their muslim brothers.
So they filled up 200L of GAS, tinkerd with diagrams off the internet... loaded it into a car, and took it to a well known, nightclubbing type district..

thankfully, they were amateurs.

so based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever you already blame muslims for it! there are many people who could have carried it out and as i mentioned before - the last time nail bombs were used in london was by a white male rascist and he did his attacks to cause maximum damage to people - something lacking in this case at 2am in an empty area of london.

i don't know who carried this out and neither do you so if it turns out not to be muslims can we expect a public apology to them on ats from you?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Good quick find....

There is another thead on this here:

ATSNN Car Bomb Terror Scare In Central London

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I wanna know what they mean by massive!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>