It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never posted on this forum, but I have an important question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Looks like your area is simply littered with dirt bike tracks there are 4 registered and plenty of farmers have built them.

check out your map

maps.google.com...,-73.394877&z=16&hl=en&t=h

[edit on 2-7-2007 by nescafe8572]

[edit on 2-7-2007 by nescafe8572]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I talked to my 'ex' last night. He was in the army and the national guard for quite sometime (at least 8 years), he claims that there is no way that the vehicles were military, because "They were too big, shiny and brand new looking to be military."
Apparently his guess is that they were private contractors because of the appearance of the 'equiptment'. He claimed that he had never seen any kind of equiptment like that while he was in the army, let alone in his lifetime.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
"They were too big, shiny and brand new looking to be military."

I should check the T&C`s of this site.

Your statement and posts seem to be controdicting yourself.

Maybe if you post all of your info in one go as you have disscussed with your ex at the beginning would have been better.

Does a "Wide open Space" equal a wooded area ?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Sorry- maybe you're right, but it's not too often, or too much fun to discuss anything, let alone this with my 'ex'. I figured if I started the thread I might get some info. from fellow ATSers that may have known something in this area that was going on. Hope I didnt 'break the rules', that was not my intention.
A very wooded, and under developed area is what I have known to be up that way. Yet, using the google earth (as recommended to me by others from this thread, by giving google earth some credibility), I found the 'wide open' race track-like area that I have discussed.
Sorry about the confusion, but I do appreciate any help or advise that all of you have given!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well maybe a trip up to the track will give a better idea as to its use.

If its DOD property, which i doubt as there isn`t anything else to indicate that ie buildings fences etc etc etc.

The US don`t just build Secret areas without fencing etc etc etc.

It could well just be a commercial reason either ground surveying for anything from a shopping mall to oil,gas or quarrying.If there likely to excavate an area the initial survey may well be carried out without to much attention being drawn incase of either competition or residence going ape shhite.

As for the ex go tell him to kiss your fit behind

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Haha! Thanks nescafe!! I guess the size of my bum is at least something we learned in this thread

Yeah, hopefully if all goes as planned, Ill be able to get back to you guys as to what the 'track-like' area really is - I appreciate all of the ideas and/or suggestions. I always like to ask the questions before 'attempting this at home', so to speak, and I hope my backpacking proves it to be just that- A race-track!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
I hope my backpacking proves it to be just that- A race-track!

Take a camera as well just in case, you never know.

Good hunting

Stay Safe

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Good luck nowayreally, hope you get to the bottom of this puzzle,

please keep us informed.

thanks

[edit on 8-7-2007 by snoopyuk]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It is a dirt bike track, I have one, they are easily found on Google earth, you can tell how the sharper corners are more broad, being a berm, looks like a typical layout of a dirt bike track too....maybe I'll visit it!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If you live between Avon And New Hartford...what you heard, and maybe saw were Special Ops Traing, They are from the ALMOST sevret Unit based in East Windsor, at an entrance on DEPOT Rd. check it out.. its a military RESERVATION. Most Folks Sleep at the hours betwix 1am-4am...and this is when there will be activity that some of us may notice... When[time] were your moments?

[edit on 15-8-2007 by paradox-seven]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Looks like a cool race track, but I would not like to guess what it might cost to clear all the trees out, and that looks like a major project to do. I would head on over there and see what it is up close. I would not rule out a fake race track for it does not appear to have the pattern of a normal radar or like site, but that does mean it isn't with google earth and all. Plus I'm not sure how old that google picture would be, much of the wild is not up dated very often.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks for all your responses everyone!
Its been a rough summer for me, as far as time goes, so I havent gotten to check it out. Although, noone around town seems to know much about it, including the people whoes property I believed it to be closest to.
I am trying to plan a hiking trip soon though, so I'll get back to everyone.
Again, thank you for taking a look, and posting your responses guys!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join