It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lifelong, Repetitive Nightmare. What Does It Mean?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corbin Dalus
I know this: SOMETHING VERY SIGNIFICANT IS COMING

I agree.

*EDIT* I jost noticed your "External Source" reference. This is very interesting. From where does it come?

The research of David M. Jacobs. The link to that site is listed twice in that post.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Corbin,

Here is an excellent passage from The Challenge Of Evil (no longer in print), by Graham Bernard (who has passed - he was in his nineties) page 136-137:

As we look back at our lives, do we see them in the place and time in which we lived?

Yes. It will help to look at yourself and world history objectively. The rise and fall of civilizations are caused by the return of individuals. The return of great souls -- revealers, healers, teachers, scientists, and artists -- leavens the whole. The birth of a civilization is the rebirth of an individual soul.

Are you saying that great souls return to cause the fall of civilizations too?

Civilizations run their course, and when it comes time to end them, constructive souls reincarnate to facilitate matters by appealing to souls of moral character to act.

Why?

Because the end of a civilization is determined largely by moral degradation and evil. If a civilization no longer contributes to God's plan, of necessity it must fall to make room for a new one. By the Grace of God, the balance of power is maintained.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I just read the reference to the book via the link you provided. FASCINATING, and oddly enough, exactly in line with my current state of philosophy. My wife and I have discussed this a lot lately.
Oh, and by the way. I now remember that during the interviews that Art Bell had with Major Ed Dames, he definitively stated that after all the chaos is over, aliens will reveal themselves to assist us in rebuilding our planet in a more positive way. He was very adamant about this.
As to describing my dreams, I can better provide overall themes as they are so numerous. Hardship, fear, hiding, horror, fighting to protect my loved ones. Often times just as the fear gets to the limit of what I can take, there appears, an epiphany in the dream. It reminds me of that movie with Gary Senise, Mission to Mars, when at the end he witnesses this event that can only be understood by seeing the movie, in terms of it's profoundness.
*EDIT* Yikes on that last post. Sounds alot like the good ole' US of A.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Corbin Dalus]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hi Corbin,

I just read the reference to the book via the link you provided. FASCINATING, and oddly enough, exactly in line with my current state of philosophy. My wife and I have discussed this a lot lately.

Glad to be of help. Synchronicity via Spirit Guides and the Law of Attraction both came into play here.

Oh, and by the way. I now remember that during the interviews that Art Bell had with Major Ed Dames, he definitively stated that after all the chaos is over, aliens will reveal themselves to assist us in rebuilding our planet in a more positive way. He was very adamant about this.

The aliens do not wish to destroy this planet. Only to continue to harvest it and its peoples selfishly as they have been for many thousands of years. As long as they are the dominant power, they will wish to keep the "Homo sapien farm" in good operating condition and to rebuild it, if necessary, later on. Abductees report that the Zetans feel that this world is unique and rich in raw genetic materials.

As to describing my dreams, I can better provide overall themes as they are so numerous. Hardship, fear, hiding, horror, fighting to protect my loved ones. Often times just as the fear gets to the limit of what I can take, there appears, an epiphany in the dream. It reminds me of that movie with Gary Senise, Mission to Mars, when at the end he witnesses this event that can only be understood by seeing the movie, in terms of it's profoundness.

Please explain as best you can the epiphanies and insights you have received. Thanks.

*EDIT* Yikes on that last post. Sounds alot like the good ole' US of A.

It sounds like a number of nations who have nuclear capability and who are imperialistic. This includes the Zetan-aliens themselves who have an even more formidable arsenal of antimatter weapons - as is explained and illustrated in this documentary by physicist, engineer, and former governmental insider, Bob Lazar.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Thanks for all the feedback and info. As far as describing the dreams, I'd like to recount a specific one but keep in mind I'm literally looking back at several thousand of these dreams, if not more. Therefore, until I can recount a fresh dream, which perhaps I will, I can only describe themes. Destruction, disaster, definitely war and enemies. A lot of hiding from terrible enemies, traveling with extreme caution and fear. Absolute, unprecedented hardship and struggle for survival. Sometimes I get the epiphany ending. Like I said, I can use movies to convey the general mood and some events. War of the Worlds struck me as having that level of intensity, fear and fight for survival. Did you see Mission to Mars Link ? that ending reminded me of the kind of epiphany I’m referring to. Also, Deep Impact reminded me of the theme, though not necessarily via a comet or asteroid, per se.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by Corbin Dalus]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Counting horsemen

I think my fellow-Jungian Major Malfunction has supplied the most likely explanation. Since the dreams are occasional -- you say you have them in 'bursts', sometimes lasting weeks at a time, which implies that there are longer periods when you don't have them at all -- their appearance probably coincides with, or prefigures, changes in your own life that appear to you, subconsciously, as comprehensive and disorienting -- hence the apocalyptic imagery. The upheaval they refer to may be external or internal; the dreams of adolescents mentioned by MM tend to be of the latter variety.

But if your degrees are in psychology you'll have considered such an explanation already.

What is the affective tone of these dreams? You call them nightmares. Are they classic nightmares? Do you wake up in terror, often as the result of a perceived effort to do so? Are they all like this?

You'll know from your studies in psychology that repetition -- of dream themes, images, in-dream experiences and emotions -- is quite common. I, for example, often have dreams involving fish and bodies of water. Just like your end-of-the-world nightmares, they vary a lot in content; but they vary also in feeling tone. Sometimes the water is clear and the fish are bright and beautiful, and I wake from the dream with a strong sense of confidence and well-being that can last all day. At other times the water is murky, stagnant or evaporating, the fish are monstrous, sometimes dead and decaying, and I come awake feeling oppressed and anxious. But these dreams have never been nightmares in the classic sense (I don't suffer much from nightmares).

I treat my fish dreams as bulletins from the unconscious regarding the state of my mental and moral health. I think about them, but I don't worry about them too much. I tend to relate to my dreams either as entertainment or as raw material for creative work.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Astyanax]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Corbin Dalus

Hi Corbin, I found your post after having the millionth disaster/alien invasion/zombie infestation dream and wanting to know if anyone else has these occasionally or 5 nights out of 7 like me. I'm not sure if the dreams came first or wanting to watch movies that encapsulated the dreams - either way - they are vivid, intense and too memorable and affect my mood the next day, sometime longer. My other half glazes over a bit when I retell them, or blames the amount of disaster documentaries/movies watched. I used to put it down to depression and anxiety (mingled with a bit of OCD) and outside media influence but am starting to think there is more to it, although am still willing to accept that my mind may just be unravelling due to technological and societal advances beyond our brains evolution, wiring and capacity. But I have learned to trust my instinct and get a grip on the chemical balances of neurology, and yet something still doesn't sit right. I am never being chased in these dreams, although the threat of this is often imminent, i just know it's coming - big doom feeling. Either it's an asteroid/comet, tidal wave (usually from the previous), or space ships in the sky. The overall feeling seems to be that no-one else has any sense of urgency or knowledge of the event, even as it is happening. Obviously leading to frustration. I often think this is what causes some of my frustrated feelings in real waking life, rather than the other way round. Who can say for sure - everything is open to interpretation but each person knows (or should know) their own feelings
although it may be difficult to describe/defend them accurately for the sake of a discussion. I just know i wake up every day feeling like something else is going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join