It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lifelong, Repetitive Nightmare. What Does It Mean?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Lifelong, Repetitive Nightmare. What Does It Mean?!
Ok, I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m ready to get some honest feedback about this. I’m baring myself on this topic and hope I don’t get shredded or laughed at. Here’s the deal: I’ve had persistent dreams about the ‘End of the World’ ALL OF MY LIFE. When I say “end of the world” I don’t mean a literal end but an apocalyptic earth-changing event. These go back as long as my memory allows me. I’ve gone weeks at a time having these dreams EVERY NIGHT! There are variations of the dream. Usually they involve various natural disasters and less often nuclear war. Occasionally I’ve had these dreams with some kind of alien connection to the event.
There appears to be a definite theme going on. These dreams are primarily about the hardship of getting through the event, as if it is the most serious challenge of my life, as well as the absolute profoundness of the event itself. Some of them are powerfully real and many times I’ve awoken shaking and sometimes even crying. The power of these dreams create an emotional after-effect that can last two or three days at times. I remember at about 8 years old I cleaned out plastic 2-liter coke jugs, filled them with water, dug a deep hole in the woods near my house and buried them. The idea being I wanted to prepare for the eventual need for fresh water.
I know how nutty this might sound but I’m an otherwise well adjusted adult now with a degree, a career and my own growing real estate business. I have a family and a nice home and live an otherwise normal life. But the dreams never relent. I have some of my own theories but would be interested in hearing others. Go out on a limb!

[edit on 28-6-2007 by Corbin Dalus]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hi Corbin

These dreams you have are quite familiar to those I do at times. There one dream in particular that I might have made a few times, which is firmly written in my memory, that involves UFOs getting public... flying glowing machines in the night sky, converging to big cities, and me and some other persons talking passionately about it as it happens.

What you experience into these dreams may be in reality an insight into another dimension of your existence, rather than a fabrication of your subconscious, or a premonition. I do have these kinds of dreams often, and they always leave an impression of being authentic, even material. The sensation of deep conscience is not unlike what you feel when experiencing a "déjà vu", and this could have something to do with your conscience getting across one dimension of existence to the other.

Frankly, I really can't explain how could all this be real, but the more I consider this theory, the more it makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks, Echtelion,
I've considered the alternate reality theory, as if it were an alternate path or futeure for our existence to have taken. I've also considered the idea that it may refer to a past life of some lind. You know, the fall of one of the previous modern civilisations of earth, as purported, such as Atlantis. The obvious, of course, is the Prophecy idea. I was interested to hear about your alien invasion-type dreams though. Of corse, some might say, too much involvement in sights like ATS, but, as I said, it's been a lifelong phenomenon for as far back as I can remember.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Corbin Dalus,

You should share with us in detail the visions given to you in dreams of a possible apocalyptic future. By doing so you may actually help others to prepare for it and/or to prevent those events from coming into full fruition.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Paul_Richard,
Thanks. You're right, I should. I usually, nowdays, sit and describe the whole thing to my wife (I'm sure she's sick of hearing it). But I believe I may start a journal. In the meantime, I'll try to describe the dreams in more detail. I've gotta think about this as I tend tro my kids right now. Thanks, and you're right. It needs to be logged.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Repetitive dreams usually mean something is strongly percolating in your subconscious and wants your attention. NOW. If it doesn't get your attention, it tries again and again and again. It's something urgent and strong.

Armageddon and apocalypse have similar meanings, symbolically.

Armageddon dreams can be triggered by heavy stressors in your life, and can signify feelings of helplessness and being out of control.

Apocalypse dreams can indicate dramatic emotional life changes. And perhaps the end of one lifestyle and the beginning of another.

You say you've been having these dreams all your life. Do you have issues with anxiety or panic disorders in your waking life perhaps?

Dreams have to do with your inner life, the emotional life. When you have dreams this strong, this repetitive, and for this length of time, examining your emotional state is the best place to begin.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I've done dream and vision interpretations for many years and have found that the whole Freudian paradigm is all wrong.

There is no subconscious.

Sigmund Freud did not learn to know that there was life before birth, life after death, and that most of the souls who exist reside on the Other Side. Consequently, his conclusions that influenced the formation of modern psychiatry were all distorted to match his bias and lack of metaphysical understanding. He couldn't figure out where dreams come from so he invented the notion that our brains create them.

In truth, there is a constant telepathic interaction from those on the Other Side with those on This Side. All the way down to whenever we have a thought or feeling that "just pops in there" it is being projected to us from one or more people in the discarnate dimensions.

When we go to sleep, one part of our brain does not "turn on" to produce dreams. Instead, we simply become more receptive to telepathy directed to us from people on the Other Side. Messages that are usually presented symbolically instead of literally.

As a spiritual medium, I have had situations whereby I would have a conversation with one of my discarnate Saint companions in a dream, and then wake up to continue on with that same conversation.

Corbin is not suffering from mental illness. His repeated visions over the course of years about a possible apocalyptic future indicates that there are discarnate people who wish for him to share that awareness with incarnate people so that the latter can prepare for it and at least lessen its severity, if not prevent it from happening entirely

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Who said anything about mental illness? An anxiety disorder may be one, but it's mild.

There's no proof of souls. Some of us don't believe they exist.

And the interpretation I gave was not Freudian, it was Jungian. I don't go in for Freud. Jung makes a lot of sense.

I've been interpreting dreams all my life, too, and I've never come across any supernatural explanation for a truly subconscious, personal event.

So there you have it, two diametrically opposing viewpoints. It's up to you to decide which applies to your own dream symbolism.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
MajorMalfunction, of course you're very perceptive, but I'm convinced there's more to this than simple anxiety issues. However, going on your theory--which is a rather valid one--I'm wondering why the adolescent preoccupation? Perhaps early childhood stuff. I'd almost be at a loss to find there was somehow no MEANING to the content of this. I should have posted asking whether anyone else has these types of dreams, though, certainly this would not discount your theory.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Who said anything about mental illness? An anxiety disorder may be one, but it's mild.

Talk to a psychiatrist. Anxiety disorders are considered to be a mild to a severe form (depending on the case) of mental illness.

There's no proof of souls. Some of us don't believe they exist.

Your belief is not required and there is an abundance of experiential proof for those who seek it. I suggest you do so. You may start by finding yourself a referral to a good hypnotherapist who specializes in past-life regression therapy. Concentrate on remembering the Interlife or period in-between incarnations. That is your proof of the existence of souls.

And the interpretation I gave was not Freudian, it was Jungian. I don't go in for Freud. Jung makes a lot of sense.

Carl Jung was more progressive in his psychoanalytical conclusions that Sigmund Freud. Regardless, there is no subconscious and all dreams come from people on the Other Side. You may believe whatever you wish.

I've been interpreting dreams all my life, too, and I've never come across any supernatural explanation for a truly subconscious, personal event.

That's because you have never learned or perhaps even tried to learn to communicate directly with Spirit. If you did, you would be able to determine that the energy of any dream comes from the same source of waking telepathic communications. Which is not the brain but from people on the Other Side.

Corbin, do explain in detail your visions over the years. I am sure that many would like to read about them.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Paul_Richard
That is something I believe. I do, I might add, believe that we operate with a conscious and an unconscious (subconscious), I believe this is well demonstrated.
For example, when you've driven for ten or fifteen minutes with no recollection of it due to preoccupation with other thoughts. Or perhaps when you find yourself singing a song that pertains a situation you are in at that moment. However, I am a strong believer that we have a spiritual connection in which we remain in various states of communication. Robert Monroe's books, among the best I've ever read (I'm a prolific reader) discuss this in depth. He even goes so far to explain how our spiritual selves often communicate with one another outside of our waking conscious awareness as well as to those in the spiritual realm. Is it not possible that, in this world, we are getting either spiritual/other-dimensional information. Perhaps it comes from the collective unconscious, as it's often referred to. Note further, the many movies such as Armageddon, Independence Day, Deep Impact, War of The Worlds, 28 Days Later, Terminator, The Day After Tomorrow, The Matrix movies and so on. I've heard suggestions before that this is our connection to the collective unconscious picking information about our future. Who knows?

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Corbin Dalus]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Adolescents have such portents of doom and importance -- I sincerely think it has to do with puberty and hormones. The moodiness carries over from waking life to sleeping life. Think about how kids are so interested in the environment, and indignant over perceived injustices in the world. They're idealists. It's very black and white when you're that age, you only learn that there are shades of gray as you grow older.

At 16 I was still very afraid of the dark, I was convinced ghosts lived in my grandmother's house. My lifelong anxiety dreams started about that age. When I am anxious, I dream of zombies chasing me. It's happened for nearly 30 years now.

I don't believe in looking for some supernatural explanation when there are easier ones to be had, and ones that make more sense. That's just my take on it.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Corbin,

Originally posted by Corbin Dalus
Paul_Richard
That is something I believe. I do, I might add, believe that we operate with a conscious and an unconscious (subconscious), I believe this is well demonstrated.
for example, when you've driven for ten or fifteen minutes with no recollection of it due to preoccupation with other thoughts. OR perhaps when you find yourself singing a song that pertains a situation you are in at that moment.

I became a certified Hypnotherpist in 1994.

Those are examples of altered states.

If you want to label them indications of a "subconscious" that is up to you.

These altered states can be measured with physical instruments - biofeedback machines - as specific brainwave patterns. The Beta state is the waking state. Alpha is light meditation or light hypnosis. Theta is deep meditation or deep hypnosis. Delta is essentially a comatose state.

However, I am a strong believer that we have a spiritual connection in which we remain in various states of communication. Robert Monroe's books, among the best I've ever read (I'm a prolific reader) discuss this in depth. He even goes so far to explain how our spiritual selves often communicate with one another outside of our waking conscious awareness.

You touch upon the New Age concept of an Oversoul. I found this to also be erroneous. There are no Oversouls (yet) but there are Group Entities who pose as them. The Higher Self, another New Age idea, does not float above us. When we are centered and aware, THAT is our Higher Self

When we hear our own voice in our head talking to us, that is neither our subconscious or our Higher Self. It is simply one or or people in the Spirit who are serving as Guides.

Robert Monroe, in one of his more noteworthy astral adventures, was given a vision about the distant future whereby physical communication was abandoned in favor of telepathy and people would leave their bodies at will.

If you wish to read a very insightful book, get yourself a copy of The Challenge of Evil by Graham Bernard. Much of that higher awareness parallels what I teach.

Is it not possible that, in this world, we are getting either spiritual/other-dimensional information. Perhaps it comes from the collective unconscious, as it's often referred to.

A Jungian reference.

Note further, the many Armageddon, Independence Day, Deep Impact, War of The Worlds, 28 Days Later, Terminator, The Day After Tomorrow, The Matrix movies and so on. I've heard suggestions before that this is our connection to the collective unconscious picking information about our future. Who knows?

Those films were inspired by people on the Other Side (who have genuine insight) and contain within them bits of truth about what will happen in the future.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
MajorMalfunction,
I can't argue with the sound earthly advice that your providing. Of course I'd love to read into this thing--this is being a conspiracy-type site. Clearly the advice of a psychologist or mental health therapist of some kind. Correct? By thge way, I'm very keen on understanding dreams as an outlet for working out our issues. In fact, I DO, indeed have such dreams that I can clearly relate to my current life issues, such as guilt I'm carrying about something, or job-related issues that come out in my dreams pointing directly to a real-life problem or anxiety I was not even consciously aware of. It's just that these dreams are seo real, different and powerful. My insctincts say possibly otherwise. I will outline what I can recall best but momentarilly my children are consuming my attention and I need to concetrate for that.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It's just that these dreams are so real, different and powerful. My instincts say possibly otherwise.

As is my appraisal.

There are others in ATS and BTS who have posted apocalyptic dreams or visions that were given to them about the future.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Paul_Richard,
I'm fascinated by your insight into this. Would like to learn more (note, my degrees are in Clinical Psychology). this connection to another dimension has facinated me for over a decade. I believe there's something to it.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Note of interest: Three types of dreams are Natural Disaster, Nuclear War (and conventional) and Alien involvement. Major Ed Dames states (take him for what it is worth to you) that we will be at war as well as in the midst of numerous unprecedented natural disasters when there will be a burst from the sun. So, the alien connection? He supports the alien presence but I'm thinking of others who claim that aliens are deeply involved in the modern orchestration of our planet. Or, what about the predicted illuminatti-planned false alien veil drop in grand form?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Would like to learn more (note, my degrees are in Clinical Psychology). this connection to another dimension has facinated me for over a decade. I believe there's something to it.

Note of interest: Three types of dreams are Natural Disaster, nuclear War (and conventional) and alien connections. Major Ed Dames states (take him for what it is worth to you) that we will be at war as well as in the midst ot numerous unprecedented natural disasters when there will be a burst from the sun. So, the alien connection? He supports the alien precence but I'm thinking of others who claim that aliens are deeply involved in the modern orchestration of our planet.

Hi Corbin,

Get the book. You will find it helpful.

I have not found confirmations or evidence supportive of Ed Dames' predictions about natural disasters.

Nuclear war?

Definitely a possibility.

Alien connections?

Ongoing.

A staged alien invasion and overthrow by local forces?

Not likely. They do not have the resources to pull that off.

An official and eventual Zetan coup using an occupational force consisting of Hybrids from an ongoing long-term breeding program?

A probable future.

There are many other procedures that abductees report. Most appear to be in the service of the aliens’ specific goals for their program. Some of the procedures that abductees report include being trained to “rescue” both humans and aliens. They report being trained in crowd control and pacification. They report learning how to work alongside hybrids doing abduction procedures. They are told that they will know what to do when the time comes.

Source

But all is never lost.

There are energies at work that may offset all of the above.

Regardless, it will be quite a ride

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The afformentioned book (The Challenge of Evil by Graham Bernard) sounds interesting though I find little information on it, like a summary. The statements by Major Ed Dames were made on the C2C show. The thread appears to be comprised--not uncommenly--by the spiritual vs. the scientific. I support both. I know this: SOMETHING VERY SIGNIFICANT IS COMING
*EDIT* I jost noticed your "External Source" reference. This is very interesting. From where does it come?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The aforementioned book (The Challenge of Evil by Graham Bernard) sounds interesting though I find little information on it, like a summary. The statements by Major Ed Dames were made on the C2C show. The thread appears to be comprised--not uncommonly--by the spiritual vs. the scientific. I support both. I know this: The Challenge of Evil by Graham Bernard

Go to this thread for more on the book, The Challenge of Evil.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join