It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people sleepwalking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Friends know of my interest in UFOs, since reading my dad's Von Daniken books as a kid. I am totally intrigued by the subject.

I really cannot understand how people are not! Sounds like a sweeping statement. For example, chatting to a friend and asked her what she thought about all the sightings, orbs, disks, Roswell stuff and other subjects.

She said she didn't care much. How can someone not care about these things happening around us? It could be monumental for the human race if the truth ever came out, or disclosure.

People wander around Wal-Mart getting their groceries and new shoes; I wonder how many actually go home and -- not obsessively -- but randomly just bother to type "UFO" in Google and start reading up?

There's a wealth of info around if you know how to find it, analyze it, debate it, debunk it. I just get the feeling that, ATS members excepted, people are sleepwalking through all this stuff going on concerning UFOs.

What will it take to shake them up a bit, start to do some research instead of clicking on Paris Hilton's jail story?

Anyone agree?

Chaz.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Everyone has a different opinion of what is important. To them, what they feel is important, is just that. Not that they are wrong, but since people have different education, values, social issues, etc., etc., they may feel quite different than anyone else about what is important to them.

That is part of what makes us human. The uniqueness.

Some people look at politics, all day all night. Others might find great interest in the arts, and not really even ever bother to look at the news. Others still, find great interest in the mysteries of the universe.

Hope this made some sense.

my 3 and a half bits.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hi

People think that they are here to change this world, but if you really think about it maybe it is that this world/life is to cahnge us. Don`t expect for people to have the same understanding as you have.

There is a saying in spanish that goes like "don`t ask pears from an apple tree", maybe you shouldn`t.

Regards

Camillo

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
As the saying goes 'Ignorance is Bliss' many folk have no inclination to learn much at all beyond school.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
and the truth of the matter is most people's lives are, sleep, go to work, get home, eat, repeat process till death.

and because of this there is no interest outside of the average persons day, to get them to think of such things like ufo's etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I can't say you can blame anybody for not caring about this subject. With all public institutions such as government, religion, and science denying or ignoring it coupled the inability of extraterrestrials to make their presence truly overt, how many people will see through the decades of lies?

None too many unless something happens to them personally.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Frith]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ive found whenever i actually sit down and talk about ufo's and paranormal things people get scared very easily when there is chance it could be true. And what do people do when they feal scared...run. Some people cant handle anything beyond there mtv and just deny everything in order to not feel scared.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Last summer I was staying overnight in El Paso at Days Inn and took a Ambien before I went to bed. I remember getting sleepy and started to fade out. I woke up behind the wheel of my pickup going 80mph with a bag of fast food on my lap and all my bags packed behind me. I was almost to Midland and dont remember a thing. That was strange. Had not been drinking, no other drugs.....No history of this kind of thing....Weird

top topics

join