It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirby space man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Okay this is something that my dad told me about when I was a kid.

In the 1970's in Kirby and nearby area's (rainford etc) of Northwest England - there were strange sightings of 'lights in the sky' , 'spacemen' and other strange reports of vehicles and watches stopping... Apparantly this phenomena occured over a few months time and there were a few terrified witnesses.

My dad even told me a small article appeared in a local newspaper.

Anyway - one story stuck in my mind of what was finally dubbed the kirby spaceman. A vehicle with two passengers was driving down a quiet lane when the car grinded to a halt and then some strange lights flashed through the car windows. The occupants were obviously terrified and became aware of a 'bad feeling', things got worse when a 'silver being' appeared at the side window of the car and peered through...

Then the occupants allegedly came to and several minutes of their life was missing, the two passengers fled the car and ran to a nearby house and awoke the occupants.

What I'm wondering is if any other of our UK members (or anybody else for that matter has ever heard of this story. Both myself and my dad are trying to collate some information on this subject... My dad has never been able to find any witnesses (at least anybody who would talk) and has failed to find which local newspaper had the article.

Any information on this would be greatly received.

--

Whilst we're on the subject of strange local paranormal beings and such, has anybody heard of the 'zipper men'? These may be just an urban myth but some locals claim that there was a strange period were people (especially young children) would see strange men with zips running down their body. Not their clothes, but actually from their necks downwards.... freaky eh?

--

Like I said any information on either would be received gratefuly.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Kirby vacuum door to door salesmen maybe?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Cool story.

I liked the part about the "Zipper Men".

It always amazes me, how many different strange encounters people have had over the years.
And, even looking at this stuff from a critical perspective,, there is usually some truth to these stories. Or, one true story in a pile of related stories.
So, the wild thing, is that, if there really were a bunch of reported encounters with "Zipper Men", chances are that something happened to begin them.
At least one of these people may have actually had a strange run-in with "something".

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'll definately post some more stuff on the subject(s) when I next speak to my Dad...

Incidentally, I've also heard Kirby (more specificaly Melling in Kirby) is situated on a Ley line cross over... Melling is a small rural village that consists of a few houses, a post office, a few barns, a church and a pub or two....

Lots of strange stuff has happened in Melling. I can tell you loads of spooky stuff. But that's for a different thread.

Yep, the zipper men story freaked me out too...

If anybody knows anything about any of the stuff I've talked about then get back to me please.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The town is actually called "Kirkby" with a silent "K" in the middle. My family is born and bred there although i left a few years ago i still have approx 80 family members living in that area so will be grilling some when i go home to visit at the weekend.

Melling is a nice quiet area touching the edges of Lancashire and Merseyside itself not too far from Aintree race course for those wondering where it is. I have heard no stories of Melling either but if you head out over towards Little Crosby, and Thornton which are parralell over the farms there are many of spooky places and talk of urban legends so i wouldnt be suprised if the same things trickle into Melling

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yeah sorry it is kirkby... My mistake.

Thesaint - ask some of your relatives about the farmland around melling and ask about if anybody remembers rumours about strange hooded people in the fields with burning torches on dark nights. This occured over many, many years (even during the WW2 black outs!!)

- If anybody is interested there's a lane called GiddyGate lane that is supposedly haunted - strange sightings of dogs, the sounds of unseen horses and strange figures.

TheSaint - I'd really appreciate if you could back me up here, maybe ask about?
That'd be ace!

new topics

top topics

join