It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Places Missles in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Iran Places Missles in Syria

Iran Establishes Missile Defense Shield in Syria

Iran is deploying missiles in Syria in preparation for military action if it is attacked over its nuclear program, U.N. officials in the region said.

Under a mutual defense pact signed between Damascus and Tehran in 2005, Syria agreed to the deployment of sophisticated weaponry on its territory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

(Mod edit: Fixed links to reflect actual source of article. -- Majic)

[edit on 6/28/2007 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I read this and immediately I knew it will not be long before the rapture of the churc then the revealing of the anti-christ. If this is not Biblical prophecy in our news today. I do not know what is.

I am well aware of the end time prophecies. Growing up, I had always heard about the signs however, not until the last 17 years have I personally seen them come to realization, right in our very own media. It has been said that in the last days, Israel would be hated of all nations. Iran's leader can not stand them infact he made the statement of wiping them off the face of the earth. He also stated he knew the "Islamic Madhi" and has told officials to start preparing for "his coming." Whether that's true or not, one can only speculate.
But this news is too overwhelming and is enough proof for me that Gods word is true and is coming to pass right before our very eyes.

God Bless,
Beneatiah

www.netscape.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
can you tell me why your link in the opening post links to John Mark Ministries ?
and not to the article you have posted.
Yet you have linked Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads
to another site instead of the source The New York Sun.

[edit on 28/6/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
They are not a defensive missile shield at all. Defensive missiles are SAM systems and anti-ballistic missile interceptors.

Iran has a chemical and biological warfare program so it is perfectly feasible that they are offensive Shehab-3 missiles.

Next step will be airstrikes by Isreal on Syria.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

In addition, Iran is reported to have made similar arrangements with the Sudanese government to enable it to attack pro-Western Arab countries, such as Saudi Arabia.

same article

Things appear to be boiling now!
I still have some doubts full blown war will blossom,
but I don't think it's going to take much more.

Powder keg? More like a powder keg factory...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Maybe we should be taking bets how many days to the start of WW3 ?

I can't imagine Saudi Arabia not attacking Sudan or Syria ?

Here come the dogs of war.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Source Authority

Originally posted by Sauron
can you tell me why your link in the opening post links to John Mark Ministries ?

Fixed.

And for anyone who may be wondering, we do ask that quotes referencing copyrighted material outside ATS be properly attributed.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
He did post a link to the New York Sun, I thought ?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet it starts off before September.
June is almost over, so I think July and August.

Conflict is inevitable.

I've never seen snow, being a native
Floridian, so I look forward to making
radioactive glowing snowmen, you know,
nuclear winter and all..
They say don't eat the yellow snow,
what about the glowing yellow snow?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have a feeling that Iraq got REALLY lucky during the first gulf war....Next time the IDF will do what they should have done and launch the big one.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hopefully America or Israel wont attack Iran , theres a big enough mess in Iraq to deal with and doing something stupid with Iran will backfire massively.

Im sure Bush and his advisors know now they have bitten off more than they can chew with their invasion of Iraq.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Next time the IDF will do what they should have done and launch the big one.

I think that was a reference to Iran which is funding and supplying arms to Taleban, Hezbollah, Hammas and Al Quaeda etc.

These days remind me of Europe in 1936-37.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

Next time the IDF will do what they should have done and launch the big one.

I think that was a reference to Iran which is funding and supplying arms to Taleban, Hezbollah, Hammas and Al Quaeda etc.

These days remind me of Europe in 1936-37.

to hamas and hezobollah yes, but to taliban and al qaida no..

[edit on 29-6-2007 by vK_man]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
i wonder how mission cabable the saudi IRBM`s actually are.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
www.netscape.com...

Hi,
I apologise for any discrepancy. I actually placed 4 websites in and honestly I do not know who marc ministries is.
Again, my apologies.
The website above should take you to the page.

beneatiah

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
Hopefully America or Israel wont attack Iran , theres a big enough mess in Iraq to deal with and doing something stupid with Iran will backfire massively.

Im sure Bush and his advisors know now they have bitten off more than they can chew with their invasion of Iraq.

Hopefully. Although in my opinion, Bush would pull out of Iraq in a heartbeat if he was given a good opportunity to attack Iran. If Iran were stupid enough to fire the first shot, I think Israel would counter immediately, and the US would follow suit, no matter who Iran attacked. You don't tell the world that two countries (allies none the less) should be wiped off the face of the earth and start a war with somebody afterwards. That's just begging for the Tag-Team match of the century.

Nobody wants Iran to have nukes, I'm thinking that even countries that aren't involved are against it. I think (and so do many others I'm sure) that Iran is a country that would use them. And even if they chickened out and didn't, I'd make a wager that sooner or later they would sell them to anybody willing to use them.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Great googley-moogley! Wow. So, there I was...trying to get a jump on my July 4 vacation, when the e-mail starts pouring in. Okay, I'm here now. Let's have a look at this.

This is really quite serious for many reasons.

The nature of this joint Syria-Iran move demonstrates that the region itself is on the verge of being overtly hostile to Israel and the United States. There are several political, economic, diplomatic, and military aspects to this problem.

Let's be clear on one thing. Most of the missiles Iran could put in Syria will range most of Israel. It's boutful they would put their really good stuff in to Syrial right off the bat. This will be like a poker game. They'll ante with the short ranged stuff, first. Bear in mind that the Syrian missile forces are no small matter in and of themselves.

The most substantive threat faced by Israel by these weapons could be the crippling of Haifa. As you know, this is their one and only major deep water sea port that is capable of handling grain carriers and container ships. No other target inland makes them so vulnerable. Yes, Haifa is ringed with Patriot III's, but they can only be fired and re-loaded so fast.

The Iranians are looking at this problem with an old-school solution in mind. Can the Irsraeli's and the Americans shoot down fifty missiles at once? May-be. Only one way to find out. With a full and complete understanding that the West is weak, and logistically in decline, they are going to play this out over a long period of time.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Maybe now would be a good time to put a US battle group in the Mediteranean? Does Israel have a navy, and if so, it is of substantial size?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm with Aecreate, i want to make some glow-in-the-dark snowmen down here in Florida. On a serious note though, this move isn't the least bit surprising. It's fairly common knowledge that Ahmadinejad wants to take down Israel almost as bad as Bush wanted to get even with Saddam and finish what his daddy started.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ok lets just set the alternative scenario

Canada has been accused of storing (for its own use) and supplying WMD's (for their long time neighbours America), along with propogating a nuclear program apparently for providing electrical power but viewed by others as a way to build nuclear weapons.

Envisage if you will that France is doing the exact same thing and is in cohorts with England, you scratch my back and I will yours and so forth.

The worlds superpowers are from the middle east, i.e. Iran, Syria etc, not exactly friendly to the other four countries way of life (Canada, USA, France,England), religion or the fact the four are on the verge of going nuclear.

So as one of those four countries you would want to help shore up/ deploy defensive/offensive batteries in your neighbours countries, one to extend the potential frontline and stretch your opponents and two to delay you getting hit, whether it be first or more likely the second hit.

I find it easy to understand why Iran and Syria are doing this, anyone remember what countries did in WW1 and WW2 !!!

For the record I'm a Brit, I DO NOT adhere to politics or religion, I DO NOT base my friends on colour, afterall we are all flesh and blood, what I do look for is good manners and respect, you have those attributes then I will call you friend.

Wolfie_UK

top topics

<<   2 >>

join