It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing Music?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechnoFan21
I've heard music also sometimes, but it's always kind of faint. Sometimes I get a feeling like the fabric of the World like, shifts. Some really weird thing happens and I start hearing music. But then, I hear music in my head too, but that's because I am a music composer: I use a computer program to make it, so hearing music in my head should be expected. But like you say, I can tell the difference between the two very well.

You know, I do get that feeling, too. It's not always associated with the music, though, since I haven't heard it in a while. But although it's really subtle and I can't explain it, I understand what you mean about feeling like the fabric shifts. Something like that, anyway. I don't know if it's energies changing, or if it's related to other dimensions, or what. But... I can feel these subtle changes, very often. I usually don't feel them until just after they've occured, though.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
hello, I might not have a direct answer to why you hear music. But I can say that the very thing you talk about is what got me started playing with music itself. The sutle music I hear in my head at night Ive never been able to explain other than the vibrations within your own mind make music.
As an artist, I feel that the universe is one big vibration, and music is what connects us to it. We are all vibrations one way or another, you just pick up on that very well, so do many others

I would suggest that prehaps you find an instrument that you suits you. Learn to play it, and get those songs out of your head and into this world!
Id love to hear it! Everything I write music wise is what I hear in my head before I play it. For many years, and still to this day I hear music in my head that I cant even play!!! So I have to get together with some of my talented guitarist friends and have them listen my version while I hum it out, and bat dun dun bon Nu type of stuff.. Music to me is a very personal thing, and those that hear it, are I belive to be gifted in atleast one instrument
All my band friends from highschool I can remember talking about the same stuff, hearing music in our heads man.. And its not to far from the truth

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Lightseeker, I will answer, it is not the kind of tune you hear in your head at all, it is definitely like hearing the sound of distant music, the Zen have a saying "Distant music in the pines" It is very real and not imaginary.

Antar, I understand that; that's what I have been saying about my own experience; I was referring to Masqua's because I get the impression from how she worded her post and from other posts that they are referring to music in their head and not heard with their ears. That's why I asked her to explain. The experience I spoke of was not music in my head, however, many people including myself also hear music in our heads, which is not the same thing. Does that clear it uo for you?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
I would suggest that prehaps you find an instrument that you suits you. Learn to play it, and get those songs out of your head and into this world!

Zysin, The music that MinHawk, I and others are talking about is not music, "in our heads", it is audible from outside that we hear with our ears. Also, the melody or whatever of the music is very elusive and ephemeral; while it's playing, it's like you're hearing some music from a distant shore you used to walk on and had forgotten, you wonder to yourself "how did I ever forget this"?

But a few minutes after it stops, you are trying furiously to remember how it went, exactly how it sounded, and you can't really put your finger on it, so recording it or playing it on an instrument is impossible.

God, I wish I could hear that music again, if only for a few minutes. Maybe that's what Heaven's all about; Music like that!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yep...the music is calling you. It's been happening to me for a couple years....and i've only noticed it in silence while trying to fall asleep.

It seems to have a schedule of it's own...and i never expect it when i hear it funny enough.

The songs are always completely new to me and really complicated most of the time. I've began to wonder if it's the subconscious taking over but i am usually quite awake. It's really baffled me too.

I've been playing guitar for a couple years but a lot of it is classical style music like you guys mentioned. It really sounds like someone is playing a record in the next room but i am positive no one is, i've even checked the house when it first began because it sounded so real.

Jimi Hendrix said in a song of his.. "I can hear the blues call my name"

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mota
and i've only noticed it in silence while trying to fall asleep.

Same here. I'm fully awake, but it's at the quiet time during the night. it can be just as I lay down .. or in the middle of the night when I wake up .. but it's always night and quiet.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

Originally posted by zysin5

Zysin, The music that MinHawk, I and others are talking about is not music, "in our heads", it is audible from outside that we hear with our ears. Also, the melody or whatever of the music is very elusive and ephemeral; while it's playing, it's like you're hearing some music from a distant shore you used to walk on and had forgotten, you wonder to yourself "how did I ever forget this"?

But a few minutes after it stops, you are trying furiously to remember how it went, exactly how it sounded, and you can't really put your finger on it, so recording it or playing it on an instrument is impossible.

God, I wish I could hear that music again, if only for a few minutes. Maybe that's what Heaven's all about; Music like that!

Oh thanks for clearing that up for me there... Hmmm I really am not to sure then here guys.. I know the stuff I hear comes from my head, but I do hear it as if I hear a radio somewhere off in the distance..
Rain drops, AC power, or any devices in my house that are on can turn into sutle music within my own head. But that just comes from my musical talents.. I love playing guitar, and piano. I just wish I could get some of the stuff out of my head and into life.. But as most the stuff I hear is far to complex and not sure what instruments its comming from either, sounds like strings, but then agin when I hit strings, I cant get the same sound from my head... Werid stuff. but to each their own.. Good luck with all this, I wish you all the best!!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Technofan that makes me wonder for the first time (I think) if it is possible the music comes from another Dimension? It is entirely possible I suppose, some sort of rift or perhaps a higher part of our selves or loved ones just sharing a moment, a gift. Who knows the music is certainly not of this world, at least not likely.

I remeber a saying that said that music is the language of Angels, which may be very true. I believe that Angels are among us right now, but we can only hear them at certain circumstances.

Originally posted by Zysin5

I have played the bassoon ever since I have been 12 years old, and I love it!

Yep...the music is calling you. It's been happening to me for a couple years....and i've only noticed it in silence while trying to fall asleep.

I have had those moments also. Whenever I am meditating I can hear voices, sounds, and sometimes music before I go into a trance.

The songs are always completely new to me and really complicated most of the time. I've began to wonder if it's the subconscious taking over but i am usually quite awake. It's really baffled me too.

I think it has something to do with the subconcious, but not the subconcious entirely. I believe it is influence by the subocncious, wehn the subconcious mind and concious mind are in perfect balance.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechnoFan21
I think it has something to do with the subconcious, but not the subconcious entirely. I believe it is influence by the subocncious, wehn the subconcious mind and concious mind are in perfect balance.

That's an interesting viewpoint. Although I wouldn't say that I was particularly balanced then - I was living in crappy circumstances. Now, I'm more balanced, but I don't hear it.

Although I still like that theory of yours.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Me too I heard music a few times, I am sure it was not coming from an outside source. I was in bed almost falling asleep and all of the sudden I heard music in my ears, louder and louder - which woke me up.

I have read that hearing music precedes an OBE, and I think I had such an experience once after hearing this music - which I can't remember what kind of music it was

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This might seem silly but it does happen none-the less...I often hear my phone ring but when I look, its not. :/
Like I said, it might sound silly but I took it off vibrate because I kept checking the phone because it felt like it was vibrating!

I have quite a new phone and I've got mp3 ringtones so the songs I hear, I am familiar with and recognize them. I would be listening to music while driving for example and then I swear I would a section of my song or another one and then I would turn down the radio and listen for my phone.

But it happens whilst walking, or in a restaraunt, all over!

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MinHawk

Happens to me all the time. It is almost like the music is coming from another 'dimension'. However in my case I worked out what was causing it. I sleep with a fan on summer and winter. I often have the fan on the floor (on winter) and the air goes behind a piece of furniture in my bedroom. The airflow causes the sound. My partner also mentioned he heard music, when we turned the fan off the sound disappeared.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It is funny that I just now saw this because I had an experience last night. It was the first time it has ever happened. I was laying in bed ready to go to sleep when all of the sudden I began hearing music. It reminded me of violins but not exactly. It started very very faint and distant and then started sounding more defined. Not really louder, but more defined. I even got up and checked to see if I had forgotten to turn off the TV, checked outside find the source, didnt find nothing an just went to bed listening to the violins. I had been thinking about it all day, I mentioned it to my roommate and he looked at me like I was nuts.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I hear it from time to time. Can't quite figure out what it is.

I've made a little reference to it in the short stories section: Caves of Shamballa.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

That's exactly what would happen with me, except it didn't sound like violins. I'd look around me, make sure nothing was on, and it wasn't. I'd look outside to see if the music seemed to be coming from there, and it wasn't. And it would get louder and louder as I was doing this. And then I'd realize that it was coming from somewhere else entirely, and although I felt like I was hearing it physically, it felt like it wasn't coming from the physical world.

And then it would start to fade away, and things would be back to normal.

Lady of the Lake, it wasn't like that, because I'd check everything to make sure nothing was making that sound. As I have mentioned. It wasn't caused by anything around me, and it faded away, on its own, just as it came in.

Also, during that time period (which lasted, maybe a couple of years), I'd hear it in very different places. There were even times where I'd hear it often. I'd hear it at home, at the store, in the car, all kinds of places. The same exact music. I even heard it when dreaming once - while I was in that half-asleep, half-awake state. All the other times, though, I was wide awake.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by MinHawk]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i frequently can hear radio or tv noise when there are no such devices powered on in the house. sometimes i hear classical-type music - very indistinct just sounds random but melodic at the same time. other times it's more of a chatter - like a conversation or newscast but it's all mumbling. i've heard these described as symptoms of some mental conditions but i'm quite sure i have a sound mind. the voices don't tell me to do things, etc. they don't interfere with my life in any way whatsoever - i only hear it when i'm going down at night or getting up in the morning. we have a box fan that runs during the night in our bedroom and i chalk it up to matrixing in some form.

the funny thing is the music i hear is typically in the morning and i could swear it was my alarm clock going off (i have it tuned to a classical station.) then i look at my clock and will frequently see that it's one minute before the alarm time. i like to sit there and time how long it takes for it to go off after i wake up. usually about 15 seconds. i also have an uncanny ability to "know" when the cooking timer for my food is about to go off. i'll be watching tv and suddenly remember i have something cooking. i go in the kitchen to check the timer and it VERY frequently will be 30-60 seconds from going off.

this all seems slightly off topic but i would like to use it to make a point that maybe you hear things because you really are in touch with something.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

I've had things like that happen. I tend to remember things at the right moments, too.

I do think I was in touch with something when I heard it, because there was no way it was coming from anywhere physically around me. I've just wondered what, and if other have experienced it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join