It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing Music?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is something that happened to me several years ago (started about 6 years ago and the last time it happened was about three or four years ago). But I've always been curious about it, and thought it would be interesting to post about it here at this site. I have yet to figure it out, since everyone I've asked has said they've never heard of anything like it.

Several years ago, I started hearing this music. The first time I heard it, I was at my parents' house in Florida - that's where I lived at the time. It started off quietly, but gradually got louder, until I felt like I was being surrounded by it. I'd never heard anything quite like it before. It sounded like a chime, with flutelike undertones. The tune was... well, I couldn't make out or remember a specific tune, because the notes seemed to be random. They were random, but fit together into the most beautiful music I'd ever heard.

For the next few years, I'd occasionally hear this music. It happened first in my parents' house, then in an apartment I was living in later, in the house I eventually moved to in Michigan, sometimes in the car while I was riding in it with someone. I never mentioned it to anyone around me, because I didn't want them to think I was nuts, but there was never any reaction from them, so I could tell that they hadn't heard it. But it would get so loud for me.

It did not make me feel afraid or anything - although the first time I heard it, I was startled. Almost every time I heard it, I was wide awake (the one acception being that I once heard it while I was in between being asleep and awake, and was dreaming about having fairy wings).

So I was just wondering if anyone here has experienced anything similar, and I was also looking for possible answers as to what would have caused this.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
isn't the 'I AM' cult, with Ms Prophet, up there around Bozeman
(or Livingston?)...
you might be be hearing their chants in seeking the 'Purple Flame'

but seriously, i commented on my Schizophrenia auditory hallucinations
on several threads over the months/years on ATS,

and most recently on a thread just hours ago,
about hearing music/melodies that resemble a bunch of wind-chimes
more often than the whistle or buzzing drone of a cicada colony(which is my second most frequent auditory sound ~ where there shouldn't be any~

either deal with it ...or get a MD, Psychiatrist or Psychologist to charge you $100+ an hour to tell you to 'deal with it'

wish you well....

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I AM cult? Ms Prophet? I have no idea what you're talking about, but then, I've only lived here since November.

Well, as far as I know, I'm mentally sound. I have never known myself to have any kind of schizophrenia - was never diagnosed with it. But... is there a type of it that causes one to hear sounds like that? I'm sorry, I have to admit, I don't know a thing about schizophrenia - I barely know how to spell it.

That sounds interesting, though. And being that I've just joined within the past week, I would not be aware of your comments.

I can't "deal with it." I haven't heard it in a few years, and I think it's gone now... whatever it was. But I'm still interested in figuring it out or at least attempting to, because it's always interested me and made me wonder.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinHawk
I AM cult? Ms Prophet? I have no idea what you're talking about, but then, I've only lived here since November.

He's talking about the Church Universal and Triumphant, near Livingston and Yellowstone Park. It's not I AM, it's an offshoot, a doomsday cult with a completely unsuccessful record of prophesies. (I grew up in Livingston.)

Well, as far as I know, I'm mentally sound. I have never known myself to have any kind of schizophrenia - was never diagnosed with it.

Forget that talk of schizophrenia. Sometimes hearing music is considered to be a symptom of coming in close contact to a spiritual realm. It happens to adept meditators.

It sounded like a chime, with flutelike undertones. The tune was... well, I couldn't make out or remember a specific tune, because the notes seemed to be random. They were random, but fit together into the most beautiful music I'd ever heard.

Lucky you, I think you're receiving some special attention. Maybe someone is trying to tell you something.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Elizabeth Clair Prophet and her end times cult doesn't have anything to do with hearing music.

I hear it. One of my friends hears it. It's music. But it's like it's coming from a TV set left on in another room. You know it's music but you can't make out what it is. Sometimes I think I know the music .. or know the tune ... but then the knowledge of what it is slips away. It's frustrating.

But yes, you are not alone in hearing music. My friend and I hear it as well. I'm sure we aren't the only ones.

(if it were hallucinatory it would be louder and closer by ... more easy to distinguish)

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Don't feel alone, MinHawk... I've heard music all my life, especially if there is 'white noise' in the background. It's mostly symphonic, like a Bach or Stravinski.

I don't hear rock or jazz, which would be my preference, but violins and piano are a constant manifestation.

If I'm not certifiable, then neither are you.

Maybe we should learn to write music... hiding talents under baskets, etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
It's mostly symphonic, like a Bach or Stravinski.

YES! It sounds like it .. but not exactly because I just can't name a 'piece'.

I hear guitar music and piano .. sometimes I think it's 'musak' .. like you hear in an elevator ... and I KNOW what it is each time but I just can't exactly remember .. and then the 'knowing what it is' slips away.

frustrating!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
MinHawk, man, hearing music is common. Not the same tune though, but it's common.
If you are a musician or know someone who can incarnate this divine melody of yours in digital format then I would suggest you to go for it.
Once you hear loud speakers blasting your music, I'd guess, you would start hearing some other tune in your head. You are a talent not to be wasted..Don't be afraid...Steaven Tailor hears stuff in his head all the time accourding to his interviews..He-he...You are lucky to have this GIFT!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ok although there are many schools of thought on your experience I will share with you a slightly if not completely mystical side to the equation.

Once while living in Sedona Arizona, I also went through a period of time when while on my my outback jaunts I would hear flute melodies. I actually asked people if they too heard the beautiful music and upon concentrating, they too could faintly hear what I had suggested.
I have to say that during this time in my life I was experiencing alot of extraterrestrial phenomenon.
I will not derail your thread to expound, however I have always connected the two and although I have not heard the music in years, I always remain open to hearing it again.
Just enjoy the music and say a little prayer or take a moment to go inside when it happens and be grateful, tremendously grateful.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
antar, "a lot of extra ter experience"..? What were these? You mind to start a thread on this forum about this? Or, write me directly?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
MinHawk - I think I know what you are referring to because I have had the same experience, but only once and only for a few moments. The "music" that I heard sounded like a blend of wind chimes and flute, but not traditional flute music; it was more like celtic pipes, and there was also a gentle underbeat as well. I couldn't discern a particular melody but the sound of it was so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes and left me feeling like I had touched something truly "magical".

This happened to me in 2003 while I was meditating but I have never been able to hear it since then and it leaves me witha real longing to hear it again.
Let's also be clear that I am talking about something I heard with my ears, outside of my head. I have heard music in my head my whole life and while some of that has been lovely, I knew that it was something that I was creating; this "fairy music" for want of a better word was clearly created by someone of something else.

I envy you the number of times you have been able to hear it and the length of time you were able to hear it. I would give almost anything I own to hear it again.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Interesting how we have in common the fact that we know the difference between fantasy mental music and the real deal.
Also once the sound or melody goes away, you are always open to hearing it again, it is just not a scary phenomenon.
It would be nice to know the facts behind who is making the music. It could be Angels or Fairies, or even Demons for all we know. I choose to see or hear it in a positive light though...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Interesting how we have in common the fact that we know the difference between fantasy mental music and the real deal.
Also once the sound or melody goes away, you are always open to hearing it again, it is just not a scary phenomenon.
It would be nice to know the facts behind who is making the music. It could be Angels or Fairies, or even Demons for all we know. I choose to see or hear it in a positive light though...

I always had the feeling then and since that the music was "magical" somehow, and other words come to mind also, like "ggod" and "pure". That may sound really lame and cheesy but it just demonstrates how "otherly" this music was. I have always had the impression that it wasn't anything that you would ever normally would expect to hear in this world.

MinHawk, Did my discription of my experience jibe at all with yours? Just curious; Iwould like to believe that what I heard was real and not just the product of suggestion or something else.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I've heard music once when I was a kid and it was actually the music from Friday The Thirteenth. It scared me and I was wondering what was going on but nothing came of it. Though a couple years ago when nobody was around it sounded like I could hear a bunch of voices talking and I could make it louder or softer in my head. That happened a few times but stopped. I can't really explain it other than 100+ people talking at the same time.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
MinHawk - I think I know what you are referring to because I have had the same experience, but only once and only for a few moments. The "music" that I heard sounded like a blend of wind chimes and flute, but not traditional flute music; it was more like celtic pipes, and there was also a gentle underbeat as well. I couldn't discern a particular melody but the sound of it was so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes and left me feeling like I had touched something truly "magical".

This happened to me in 2003 while I was meditating but I have never been able to hear it since then and it leaves me witha real longing to hear it again.
Let's also be clear that I am talking about something I heard with my ears, outside of my head. I have heard music in my head my whole life and while some of that has been lovely, I knew that it was something that I was creating; this "fairy music" for want of a better word was clearly created by someone of something else.

I envy you the number of times you have been able to hear it and the length of time you were able to hear it. I would give almost anything I own to hear it again.

Okay... thanks everyone... it's nice to know I'm not alone. And the first response I got, well, I was NOT at all happy with, so I decided to not prompt anyone to post here. But I see you guys did anyway, and actually have good things to say. I know I'm not schitzo.

I chose to quote you, lightseeker, because of your later post, in which you asked me if there were similarities. The way you describe the music - kind of like Celtic flutes, chimes, "fairy music," what you describe sounds so much like what I experienced. I'm sad to say I haven't heard it in years, because I would absolutely love to hear it again. I refer to it as fairy music, because that's how I would think it would sound, and I also had a fairy-related dream associated with this music the one time I heard it while I was dreaming.

I don't remember the exact year I started hearing it, but it's interesting, because you were hearing it around the same time I was. It was the early 2000's that I started hearing it, and continued to hear it for a few years. So 2003 was probably one of those years.

And I'd also give anything to hear it again.

To those who've suggested I get a musician to compose it, I can't. Because, like I said, the exact tune escapes me.

And to those who have suggested I'm a musician, although I've had experience with music in the past, I've never really created it, and I've always leaned more towards the visual arts and writing. I do love music, but I don't think that I'm anywhere near being a musician.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinHawk

So I was just wondering if anyone here has experienced anything similar, and I was also looking for possible answers as to what would have caused this.

Are you "AWE INSPIRED" by it?

TQ

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I've heard music also sometimes, but it's always kind of faint. Sometimes I get a feeling like the fabric of the World like, shifts. Some really weird thing happens and I start hearing music. But then, I hear music in my head too, but that's because I am a music composer: I use a computer program to make it, so hearing music in my head should be expected. But like you say, I can tell the difference between the two very well.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Technofan that makes me wonder for the first time (I think) if it is possible the music comes from another Dimension? It is entirely possible I suppose, some sort of rift or perhaps a higher part of our selves or loved ones just sharing a moment, a gift. Who knows the music is certainly not of this world, at least not likely.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Don't feel alone, MinHawk... I've heard music all my life, especially if there is 'white noise' in the background. It's mostly symphonic, like a Bach or Stravinski.

I don't hear rock or jazz, which would be my preference, but violins and piano are a constant manifestation.

Masqua - is this music you hear actually audible, like it's coming from an outside source like a radio or is it something more in your head? I ask because I hear Jazz & Rock in my head every minute of every day, it's always playing; sometimes one particular song will get stuck in a loop and I'll be hearing it for days.
That can get old really quick.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Lightseeker, I will answer, it is not the kind of tune you hear in your head at all, it is definitely like hearing the sound of distant music, the Zen have a saying "Distant music in the pines" It is very real and not imaginary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join