It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Majority Have Spoken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Today was a good day at my house. Today we saw the "AMERICAN PEOPLE" stand up for the right thing, But I'm wondering what next? I myself know that wanna be pres. Kennedy, will not stop on his mission to make what is illegal, legal. But enough about him, President Bush apeared quite saddened by the news. Maybe he will realize who's president he is now. Mr. President get up off the floor and become our leader, the one I know you can be. Today you lost because you were on the wrong side of the fence. The American public is still behind you on some of what you are doing. It's time to start listening to what we have to say, not what "el presidente fox" or others say. Although you might have to take a pay cut. Legalize millions of outlaw immigrants?Come on.Let me point out something this whole issue has not even brought up. In the past in our country there was a little thing called "operation wetback". Please excuse the politically incorrect term, But the fact is that back in the 1950's the president introduced this operation against public offical's. Then as now, were the same problems, illegals coming to get work here in our great country. To put a stop to that the president wrote this new operation into law and I think he used a 1000 man police force to push them back to thier country not just to the border but at least 500 miles in. Then there was at least 3 million illegal outlaws here. Amazing huh! 1000 men pushed out 3 million. Today you have a chance to become our leader once again Mr. President, stand with us on this. I'm sure you will not have a problem raising at least 1 maybe 2 million to back you on this. MY greatest THANKS TO ALL THE SENATORS for what you have done today "beautiful". This is General T. Just keep saying no to "amnesty" :roll

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You know, Bush Jr. is getting irritating. He has got this "poor,poor me" mentality. Everything that has happened to him in the last 3 years has been his own doing.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It was amazing and wonderful for me to see the legal, taxpaying, American citizens stand together in a bi-partisan way on this issue.

Some Senators and the President were sure they could ram this down our throats.

Here's a new idea, how about funding and enforcing some of the immigration laws that are already on the books?

My New York Senators did not even acknowledge my appeals to them about saying no to this bill. I do believe that one of them expects to be the next president?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why not just do something? That is affective on releaving our pains as a country. Why can't we start moving them back where they belong? Let's stop the debates, and start inforcing our laws we have now on the books. Why can he not let the state government's do what they are wanting to do now? The federal gov. is the only reason they are not inforceing these laws now. Help me figure out what is going on now!!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You know, Bush Jr. is getting irritating. He has got this "poor,poor me" mentality. Everything that has happened to him in the last 3 years has been his own doing.

Well I wouldn't necessarily say that. To an extent, yes, but he has also been blamed wrongly for some things. For example, the supposed "illegal wiretapping." There is no illegal wiretapping. That was a lie started by the New York Times. It is the interception of international signals.

Or the blame for Hurricane Katrina. Last I checked, handling disasters is the job of the State and local governments, who in the case of Katrina failed miserably in their task. The New Orleans government had been given the money to repair the levy multiple times, and the state of Lousisiana had no plan in place whatsoever for any disaster.

So when disaster struck, they all demanded the Federal government come to their aid, as if there is anywhere in the Constitution saying that the Feds are supposed to help you from disaster.

So the Bush Administration conducted the fastest response to such a large-scale disaster in this country's history, but for some reason the media acted as if the response to Katrina and the ensuing chaos afterwards was all Bush's fault. It wasn't.

It was the fault of the State and local governments, who wrongly got away with not being blamed.

Now other stuff, like this immigration bill, I agree Bush is wrong about. Also that No Child Left Behind Act.

ape

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
bush is sad because the SPP was defeated. you can also bet condi rice and chertoff were saddened aswell seeing they are the designers of the SPP.

fact is we need to watch everything they try to put forward from now on and disect it as they will continue pushing the SPP/NAU agenda. Thank god for lou dobbs.

I wouldn't count on bush making any attempts to secure the borders. Bush has been a lost cause / failure for awhile now. I hope heads roll in 2008 because of this border issue but I doubt it.

[edit on 30-6-2007 by ape]

new topics

top topics

join