It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the world is going on here?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
And we have

another hit!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I was to late to see that one, it was all ready trashed by the time I got there.

I forgot that the trashing was almost none existent for a while, is nice to have it back.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Gah I just saw one of these threads. Kinda humorous actually. I was in the middle of a long winded lecture about how not to get banned from ATS and I hit the reply button and low and behold the thread was already closed by a vigilant mod.

You guys do a great job. Don't ever think that what you do isn't appreciated.

Yes the kiddies are out and about. and bored already. So the mods are gotta be hopping right now. Oh well I guess their jobs just got a bit harder for a while. Keep it up you guys!

Shouldn't close the membership to new members we might miss out on a really intelligent and magnificent member if we do.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Actually dg, that thread in particular was posted by a previously banned member simply to be a pain.

Nothing seasonal about that, it happens all the time

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
And we have

another hit!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually that was a past banned member(several times) that was just stirring up....... um, feces.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The way I see it, in general the board has been extremely busy these last couple of weeks. More new members, more members online at any given time.

Possibly some if it due to the high temperatures in some locales. Means more people staying indoors, more internet time.

So along with the increase in overall new members, there will be an increase in hoaxters as well. Especially given the time of year.

I have said it many times in many recent "new member" threads...

"Schools out for summer!"

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ohh, you guys are grrrreat!!!

I cant imagine what goes on behind this board.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Most of the time we're just throwing things at each other.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Most of the time we're just throwing things at each other.

weenies
at Djarums.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Oh, those are Spanish sausages!!!

I grew up on the Vienna type.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I mean no insult to anyone by this post, but I think lately we've begun to focus on the negatives more so than the positives. Every day there are several "diamonds in the rough" springing up all over the board. Every day there are great discussions that you can not find anywhere else on the web. Grant it, we have our pain in the butts daily as well, where certain people try to put a curve ball past us. But I think we need to look past this and focus on the threads that deserve our attention.

If you see something that is preposterous, flat out ridiculous, and doesn't deserve the light of day, why not just ignore it? An off-topic post out of disgust is only going to bump the thread for the next member to see. Ignore it and let it rot in the ashes. If it is a Terms & Conditions violation, alert it to the staff.

What's happened lately is members are growing frustrated, because we seem to be focusing on the negatives and looking for the next thread of it's kind, and then ravishing it with countless posts about how sick and tired we are of it.

If we would simply ignore it, it would not be an issue.

If one wishes to sincerely discuss the issue, then they should post in the thread. But if the member is frustrated with another possible "hoax", then they should do us all a favor and ignore it.

Tha'd be my two pennies for the evening.

G'Day!

[edit on 28-6-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Chiss, you may have something there.

Point taken.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You people are a bunch of spoiled babies. The good posts are still there, you just have to sort thru the awful ones. You should just be thankful we have good moderation!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
You people are a bunch of spoiled babies.

I guess the heat really does make some cranky.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I Feel Your Pain.......

Since the kids are home from school and obviously have nothing better to do than post nonsense, is there anyway we can lock the membership to this website for a couple of months?

I know its not policy but those crazy posts by new members just keep coming and coming.

I'm sorry, but I saw your post and I didn't take the time to read the whole thread.
I did read a couple posts, but I really just want to reply to your original thought without any influence from other members. Forgive me if I'm repetitive.

You and I have been around ATS for about the same time, and you know this happens every year.
We all put up with the BS for the first part of the summer, and then it starts to fade away. I kinda look at it as a little seasonal entertainment every year.

And what the hell is happening on the Soap Operas ?
Too many teen story lines for me, but I won't stop watching "One Life To Live" just because they put on some sappy romance with Starr.

And as a bonus, I've seen a lot of members sign up at this time of the year that continued on to be valued members of this unique community.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It was just interesting watching the threads pop up today that made no sense at all.

I'm over it- we're over it.

It was hot today and i started this post- i dont keep up with soaps, they're too repetitive and too boring for me.

I like ack chon!!

Things have cooled off and all is well.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Why Year-Round School Sounds Better Every Day

I cant imagine what goes on behind this board.

I used to think it would be something terribly mysterious. You know, real secret agent cloak-and-dagger type stuff.

In reality, it's much more like "Wet cleanup on Aisle 7".

Oh well, I like to think I look good with a mop.

That said, despite the inevitable influx of ADD-afflicted grade-schoolers, we really do have many younger members who are very articulate, well-informed and assets to our community.

Opinions naturally vary, of course, but I hate the idea of giving anyone a hard time or changing site policy due to the actions of a tiny minority who should be out playing dodgeball in the street or TP'ing the neighbor's house instead of posting to Internet forums.

So we'll handle each case as it comes and hopefully survive until September with our insanity intact.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

In reality, it's much more like "Wet cleanup on Aisle 7".

Dry cleanups are so much easier to handle.

Anyway, your work is very much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
The best thing, as you know, is to hit the alert ASAP when you see them.

I've been wondering what the heck those new alert buttons were for. I was afraid to go around pushing button, after button trying to see what they do. Explain to me exactly what they do please.....
I like pushing buttons

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Anyway, your work is very much appreciated.

Yeah, you have to love the Mods we have here.
I consider them Members first, but Members that are willing to go that extra mile to keep the ATS Universe in order.

I don't think it's a job I'd ever take on, though I think every long time member has some responsibility to guide the new Members. Many people come to the ATS boards thinking they can screw around like they do on those other boards.:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join