It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Benoit's Wife's Death Reported on Wiki 13 Hours Before Body Discovered!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Chris Benoit's Wife's Death Reported on Wiki 13 Hours Before Body Discovered!

www.foxnews.com

An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy at least 13 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

Employees at Wikipedia.org said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So somebody posted her death at least 13 hours before police discovered her body. Computer glitch? Fraud? Or something else?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hi, there is already a thread on the go, on the same subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play

That is not in the news section it is in current events therefore two threads are allowed.

-----

This sure does sound strange. Do you think it could have been a hit? 13 hours before the death HMMMMMM

[edit on 6/28/2007 by shots]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
From what I understand, the wife died a good bit before he ( apparently ) killed himself.......perhaps he had time to talk to someone in between one and the other....?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm also going to leavee my opinion on this thread so that the world will remember me and rightfully so.

I beleive Chris had a phone line, a dedicated line tying the headquarters center with his home. He could have made the call, or sent the message from that line. I beleive the IP address could have come up as though he were in CT.

Just an opinion.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It is not inconsistent with steroid psychosis that this man was so delusional that he posted the information on Wiki as a form of self justification.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Fowl Play

That is not in the news section it is in current events therefore two threads are allowed.

Good, that must mean I can also put the same message I posted there in here:

Originally posted by IronDogg
I am having trouble finding the timeline of exactly when the police discovered the bodies, and when exactly was the article posted on wiki. Hiopefully someone can find this info and post references. This story was broke on Canoe.ca on very early monday morning. I woke up monday morning (5:30 am MST) listening to the local news about this story. I am wondering if the wiki article was posted any earlier than that time on last Monday morning? And by how much time? Anyone know for sure?

Speaking of all the deaths in WWE, a friend of mine who is a major wrestling fan says that there have been 95 deaths of pro wrestlers in the last 10 years, and most have had recreational drugs and performance enhancing drugs involved with the deaths in some way. He also had suggested a possible conspiratorial cover up involving the deaths of Benoit and his family and the death of Eddy Guerrerro (sp?) about a year ago. Apparently Benoit and Eddy were very close friends and were involved with some kind of falling out with Triple-H before Eddy died of overdose in a hotel room. Triple-H is a major shareholder in WWE isn't he? Is there a lot more going on behind the scenes at WWE that we are not aware of?

Here is the link to the Canoe covaerage of the Benoits:
slam.canoe.ca...

I believe that the above article that the OP links to is wrong... I am pretty sure that 5:30am MST comes before 2:30pm EST, doesn't it?

Also, can anyone help with the question of exact times?

Also to add to the conspiracy fire a little bit, read this from one of the canoe articles:

Bad blood erupted between Benoit and WCW booker and wrestler Kevin Sullivan when a storyline concerning Benoit stealing Sullivan's wife, Nancy, became a reality.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I was just about to author a thread on the very subject. Glad to see that someone has already got one. This is very interesting and deserves our attention.

Just how does this one get explained?

First and foremost we need to find out if this edit is legitimate, or if someone went in and conveniently covered their tracks. I'm thinking this is the most logical conclusion. But Wiki is a big site, and you would think that it would take some serious talent to do so. Then you ask, well if the edit is legit, who could of done it?

Be interesting to see how this one goes down.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Supposedly the guy posted rumored information to the wikipedia page. He claims he has no ties to WWE or the Benoit family and that it was just coincidence that it turned out to be true. He posted an apology to wikimedia and you can find the messages from the poster discussing the matter spread on various parts of the wikimedia network, which can be found on the following wikinews link: Chris Benoit Poster Claims Coincidence

[edit on 29-6-2007 by bluesquareapple]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
...coincidence?

you've GOT to be kidding me.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The person who altered the wikipedia entry has confessed!

en.wikinews.org...:_claims_%22terrible_coincidence%22

twas a coinky dink

new topics

top topics

join