It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I emailed Ray Villiard @ stsci.edu regarding UFOs in the Hubbles view

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
all i can say is that i've been to mars.. and that's where i got my cat and he is just all meow meow meow.. 'meow meow' about this hear communications going on and come to tell ya, i can't really argue that. and neither can we really argue ray here, what are ya gonna do, e-mail him your rebuttal to nit-picking out a single statement from a when he wrote back a kid one night, prolly after chugging a few brewskies or hitting a lil catnip like i think good ol' meow meow is doing right now. I wouldn't.
lala la la la laaaa(think small and blue)
-meeeow.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by weknowyouknow
I conservatively estimate the galaxy has tens of millions of civilizations -- based on real research. But there's lots of reasons why they'd never come here ;-)

How could he say there are million of civilizations in the galaxy and at the same time say they'd never come here ?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

How could he say there are million of civilizations in the galaxy and at the same time say they'd never come here ?

I recall this in another thread, but it has something to do with watching an ant-colony, destroy itself. and wonder if they'll notice you watching, would this group of ultra-violent beings turn on you? or you could disregard that last sentence that began with And (blah) and insert this one instead: and just move on because we obviously have some major developing to do. or just simply state in all he meant the human race has some major problems and probably little in way of advancement/help to a race capable of interstellaahhhh travel YO. or like there's a few others, but it's all kinda sounding rather... common sense? and i think my cat is informing me it wasn't worth explaining to the extent that i attempted to do.
or something or other
meow?
-fdisc0

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
its cool that a guys like this respond to his emails

can someone ask him if huble can show the lem on the moon or the flag.... i would like to see it badly

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by weknowyouknow
It was noted on Hubblesite.org that he was curator for the site, So I thought I'd ask him a couple of questions...

I don't know you and we will never meet but I'm 24
> years old and I recently came across the vast
> information on Google video and decided to look into
> the Hubble Telescope and the subject of UFOs. Do you
> think Hubble has picked up any unexplained images of
> this nature and if not do you believe?
>
> Keith
> Westminster, CA

---------------------------his reply-----------------

Dear Keith

thank you for your query

HST has a number of "unidentified objects" that cross its field of view. these images are discarded as contaminated. they are liekely satellites and orbital debris.

UFOs are real in that lots of people see things is the sky they can't identify.

UFOs are NOT interstellar vehicles because.

1. most reports are of simply lights in the sky

2. there has never been a well-documented daytime sighting of a "spaceship" just think of all the footage taken on 9/11

3. there are no artifacts that point to manufacture by an advanced technology.

4. "contactee" stories are ALL ripped off from sci-fi pop culture.

5. it's very unlikely alien species would be humanoid given the varagies of biological evolution.

6. 60 years of modern UFO sightings have told us nothing new about the possibility of life in space. there has been no advances in knowledge. We've learned a lot more from exoplanet discoveries over the past 12 years.

7 manifestations of extraterrestrial intelligence would be machine, not frail biological organisms.

cheers

Ray Villard
News Chief/Public Affairs Manager
Space Telescope Science Institute
3700 San Martin Dr.
Baltimore, MD 21218

===================

What is going with these people??!?!

1. What about numerous people actually seeing full blown UFO's in Phoenix (Phoenix Lights), Chicago (O'Hare Airport) and Britain (Guernsey Incident). For pete sake's, that is a ridiculous response.

2. Thousands of people have seen them in plain sight, even in daylight. Even the former mayor of Phoenix saw the ET craft in Phoenix in 1997. The O'hare case hundreds of people saw the craft as it was sitting there and zoomed through the cloud curtain leaving a whole. And in Guernsey, the pilot and passengers saw the craft in plain sight in daytime. Good point about 9/11, but I think seeing a UFO and not knowing what it is by a few hundred people, is a little different then seeing a plane crash into a skyscraper in a city of millions of people. And there were plenty of people who took video of the phoenix lights, where you can clearly see the outline of a large craft.

3. He knows there has been. I guess you can't speak with that security clearance. Maybe, they are not sloppy at their work like us humans.

4. Perhaps, sci-fi tales where based on real experiences.

5. Yes, they may not be humanoid. But they may be able to take any shape after all they have achieved inter-dimensional travel. Why couldn't they have tech that would allow them to change appearance.

6. Well, considering people see UFO's that would tell up something about the existence of life outside our own. And planet's exoplanet research doesn't tell us much except that

7. Theoretically you may be right, if based on our technology. Who know how their technologies really work. Perhaps it takes almost no time at all to get between their home planet and ours. And they have a good supply of people willing to travel the galaxy. That would make sense for them to send people around the galaxy. Perhaps, they also have machine drones as well.

My conclusion. This guy is good at short, canned responses that are easily refuted. He is definitely hiding something and taking the company line as far as the responses he sent to you. He probably gets many emails like this.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by peyo670
its cool that a guys like this respond to his emails

can someone ask him if huble can show the lem on the moon or the flag.... i would like to see it badly

I'm sure sure part of job description is replying to people that email or call him, and spreading disinformation and towing the company line. He works at NASA so he probably is super bright. He may even enjoy it, a little, which is a funny thought.

The second thing, good luck with that. And yes the moon landing was probably real, my grandfather worked at Martin Marietta, a NASA contractor, doing engineering. He actually developed some of thermo-resistant materials and structure that they used during it. From what I gathered from him, they definitely had the technology and the means to do it. I doubt it was fake. It seems like to much to go through to fake something like that.

What's funny my grandmother on the other side, who was big into metaphysics and maybe partially psychic, swore that it was fake as far as them actually landing on the moon. So maybe it is possible that the Shuttle took off went into the atmosphere landed at another location, and shot all the footage at that location. But, I seriously doubt it. It just doesn't makes sense.

Who knows, if they didn't actually land on the moon? Maybe the ET told them not to for some strange, unknown reason not to. I think it's more likely that ET gave them the technology and helped them along the way to landing on the moon. That would make more sense, then just faking it.

Of course, who can be certain of anything in this world, besides with what you see with your eyes. Once they can fool your eyes, may God help us, because you almost can't believe anything you see.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by frailty
For pete sake's, that is a ridiculous response.

Of course it is--but they all are. What else could you possibly expect from someone like this? Do you notice he does what they all do? He assumes aliens would have to be coming here from somewhere else. Guys like this feel they need to put distance between themselves and the "kooks." I'm just glad I'm not trapped in an intellectual box like he is. What an arrogant tool, pfft!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Did you guys notice he said that he even faked a few ufo photos himself ? Why you waste your time with such people is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I propose a new aphorism:

Any sufficiently advanced nanotechnology is indistinguishable from biology.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

Originally posted by frailty
For pete sake's, that is a ridiculous response.

Of course it is--but they all are. What else could you possibly expect from someone like this? Do you notice he does what they all do? He assumes aliens would have to be coming here from somewhere else. Guys like this feel they need to put distance between themselves and the "kooks." I'm just glad I'm not trapped in an intellectual box like he is. What an arrogant tool, pfft!

Of course, he is not going to respong with any truths that's his job. I'm sure he's probably a very smart and nice guy, but just doing his job. I used to frequently go to the Goddard Space Center when I was kid. Those scientists that me and my father talked to where awesome guys. They know what they are doing.

It's funny though, because there is because of the internet, so much proof of ET's and UFO's that there responses are sounding more and more absurd with what has been filmed, seen and documented. I think they know that.

My advice, don't judge him and call him names, by an email he sent with canned responses. He's just doing his job for now. I am pretty sure that we might be getting some disclosure relatively soon, but I guess we'll see.

Who knows, maybe the aliens will soon be invading and stealing our babies. I can just see it now, woman running all over the place saying "My babies. My babies. They stole all my babies. Them bastard aliens stole my babies." Of course, I'm only joking. LOL!

I'm fairly certain that they won't be stealing any babies that doesn't like a higher intelligence life form to me. They would probably come down and take our savory brains, LOL!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join