It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell? Chris Benoit's Wife's Death announced 14 hours prior to body being found on Wikiped

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am no fan of wrestling... still this is a tragedy. As to how it got on the internet before it happened... either the poster was guessing, they did it or the poster was Benoit himself. I would bet on the last myself.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think a few people have made a misjudgement.. The poster on the internet was 14 hours before the police found the crime scene..
Mrs Benoit had already been dead for possibly as many as 36 hours.
Benoit killed his wife, and told someone, either they or someone else they told must of posted on the internet after the fact, but before Police arrived on the scene.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don’t know how much faith I can put into this but it was an interesting note in Wiki. It was changed while I was reading it surely enough.

guerrero benoit change

What do you guys think of this.

~Ghost~

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Timeline

The above link is WWE's version of the Benoit timeline and their relation to it. I was not able to find the one posted on WWE.com, however there are tons of wrestling sites that have copied it.

By reading some of these post it seems that people are preoccupied with "rumors" surrounding the case. Such as Nancy and the 7 year old were throwing up blood. That were not. That was a statement made by Chris Benoit to a co-worker explaining why he was not at a scheduled event. When you work for WWE, you are at scheduled events and if you are not, you had better have a very good reason why.

The son was NOT killed first. Nancy was killed Friday night. The son was killed sometime Saturday. Benoit hung himself in the early hours of Sunday morning. ABC News

source of rumors

It should also be mentioned, Benoit did not leave the WWE tour and return home. He was home on Friday and was schedule to appear at a WWE house show in Beaumont Texas on Saturday night and the WWE Vengence PPV in Houston on Sunday. He never made those events. Report

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just found this on CNN.

Full Story
Investigators had not discovered the bodies Monday when someone altered Benoit's Wikipedia entry to mention his wife's death, authorities said.

An anonymous user with the same IP address as the person who made the edits confessed early Friday on an online discussion page attached to the Web site, saying the changes were based on rumors and speculation, not hard evidence.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Update- here is an article with comments From Chris's dad in Alberta-
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Well if all three were shot, then I could suspect fowl play, but the kid was smothered, the wife was bludgeoned, and Chris hung himself. If they were murdered then that's a really strange way to go about it.

Peace

Man , maybe he killed them with his smackdown...
anyway, what a sad way to reach fame (for the killer i mean)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I hate when anybody is murdered!

However some idiot probably added this wikinews himself (since anybody can with no background check or sources or anything)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The toxicology report will tell all in my opinion. Two things happened here:

1) Chris Benoit torqued and killed his Wife and son. The details will also be known after autopsy on time of death for everyone, I think thats very important here.

or...

2) Chris Benoit did something to put his family at risk and they were all killed and the scene made to look like murder suicide.

it is said he drank a whole bottle of wine, and a half case a beer. but when during the weekend......... should be traces though, drugs, steriods that should show up to. Poison ive heard to. below is article i was reading

Science should provide everything IMO. anyone know when to expect the report.

"Whiteside said toxicology tests could take up to a week or longer to complete." (Foxnews.com, 2007)

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
It's a tragedy but the only mystery really is why he did it.

The investigators believe he is the perpetrator of the crimes in this case and honestly I think I lot of people (some wrestling fans) refuse to accept that someone they admired could commit such heinous acts.

I didn't admire the guy. To be quite frank, what few times I seen the guy, I thought "Boy, that guys looks like a real asshole." The story that the police and media are feeding us just doesn't add up with what actually took place.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

However some idiot probably added this wikinews himself (since anybody can with no background check or sources or anything)

Things like that have been happening in wrestling for as long as I can remember. I can not tell you how many times a wrestler or relative of a wrestler has been reported as "dead" when they failed to make it to show or any other number of reasons. Eddie Guerrero was actually reported as dead before he actually died. Twice when he was with WCW and once while with WWE. The last incident being about a year before his actual death.

You can find these claims well documented on PWInsider.com and 1wrestling.com, I would be more than happy to link them but honestly, I am too lazy to go digging through those sites archives to find them.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronDogg
Apparently Benoit and Eddy were very close friends and were involved with some kind of falling out with Triple-H before Eddy died of overdose in a hotel room. Triple-H is a major shareholder in WWE isn't he? Is there a lot more going on behind the scenes at WWE that we are not aware of?

I know that Triple H is married to Vince's daughter Stephanie and they recently had a daughter so he's definitely in the McMahon family. Whether he's a major shareholder or not I don't know. What's this argument involving Guerrero, Benoit and Triple H? I haven't heard about it until now. Do you have a link to the story or can you explain what it was about? I'm curious. Thanks

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Ocelot]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, if it is true what Hart said, if it was indeed the case that Benoit couldn't differentiate between his character in wrestling and the one that was real, any staged run in that he and Triple H might have had would have caused a conflict between the two men.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I don't know how to link, but here is the latest i've seen from fox news... very interesting, again

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hello everyone! Here's a link that should end any and all speculation. Hope you had fun imagining!

spring.newsvine.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatpiino
Hello everyone! Here's a link that should end any and all speculation. Hope you had fun imagining!

spring.newsvine.com...

He claims not to have been involved, yet, he knew before the police or the media did. Hmmm, how does that solve anything?

[edit on 30-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A "bizarre coincidence," eh? I certainly hope that the authorities investigate this punk. I don't like the sound of this at all.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The police investigating this developing Benoit/Wikipedia altering story have now seized the home computers of the person responsible for writing the wikipedia entry.

www.1wrestling.com...

abcnews.go.com...

I will try to add more information as it becomes available

[edit on 6/30/07 by catchphraseneeded]

[edit on 6/30/07 by catchphraseneeded]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Good, I am gad to see the authorities are doing what needs to be done in this case. There is something awry.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Now the authorities are saying they aren't going to continue investigating this little creep.

Police rule out hacker as Benoit family killerArticle from: Font size: Decrease Increase Email article: Email Print article: Print July 01, 2007 01:00am
US authorities have dropped an investigation into anonymous Wikipedia entries from America and Australia that posted news of wrestler Chris Benoit's wife's murder 14 hours before her body was discovered.

Fayette County Sheriff's Office spokesman Lieutenant Tommy Pope said he could no longer see "any relevance" in investigating the Wikipedia entries.

The decision was made after an American Internet vandal confessed to altering the biographical details of Benoit on the online site.

The Australian entry made after the US one remains a mystery.

An anonymous person wrote to Wikipedia admitting they altered Benoit's details from Stamford, Connecticut.

The person said it was done based on "rumour and speculation online" and was an "incredible ... huge coincidence".
What the???

Sure, it was just a "coincidence." These authorities are doing what they do oh so often, take the convenient explanation and then peddle it as the "truth."

[edit on 30-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join