It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell? Chris Benoit's Wife's Death announced 14 hours prior to body being found on Wikiped

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Will this incident start a new fad of murders or suicides posting their crimes on Wikipedia before they commit them?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Well if all three were shot, then I could suspect fowl play, but the kid was smothered, the wife was bludgeoned, and Chris hung himself. If they were murdered then that's a really strange way to go about it.

Peace

Or very calulated, id like to see the toxicology reports. The IP goes back to WWF HQ, for the person who changed the WIKI page. according to WIKI press release.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by dgtempe
He obviously posted it himself, imo.

The IP of the wiki editor was traced to Connecticut. He was in Georgia.

It also stated that all WWE employees are issued Email accounts. He could access his email from his cell and could have sent emails whihc would go back to the email server at WWE HQ.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by hikix

I wonder if foul play may possibly be involved... this is so strange.

Initially, that is what they suspected. However, they seemed to change it to a murder-homicide scenario later. I don't know. There are conflicting messages being delivered somewhere.

What is really ironic is that the day this act was committed , WWE was supposed to stage the "death of McMahon." That was postponed so that McMahon could give an official response to this tragedy.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The anonymous poster has been commenting about his early information on the murder. He claims he's innocent, was posting rumors he heard on wrestling websites and has no ties with Benoit nor WWE. He does want to remain anonymous, so no telling what exactly he is hiding. All known information about the poster is in this wikinews entry: Chris Benoit Poster Claims Coincidence

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wiki has been updated and the poster who posted the info has also recently sent in an apology and an explanation of what happened, this person is saying they heard rumours and just posted it never expecting it to be real, their trying to pass it off as a coincidence.

From what I am reading she died first, of aphxyiation and there are hints she was bound, if this was true there is the possibility of his choking her by mutual consent during sex and it going to far and he accidentally killed her, there are other cases of of this happening. Then he realized that he was going to jail for murder, may have killed his son and then himself. Sorry I did not read the whole thread in case this has already been posted.

Of course we won't know anything for sure until an autopsy report gets done.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought
My friend is a referee in the wrestling world. He told us about it right when he got the news.

Apparently he was supposed to show up for 2 shows. He called in the first one (Saturday I believe) and claimed that his kid was coughing up blood. The next day he told them He couldn't make it to the other show, that he had to stay home and take care of his family cause his wife was now coughing up blood. On Monday people were worried and called the cops to check up on him and found him dead in the house with his family.

So from the looks of it, he spent Saturday killing his son, Sunday Killing his wife and on Sunday Night/Monday morning finally decided to end his own life.

A report did say she was bound hands and feet when they found her face down.

if he killed his son first I would think she would have been through the roof... hence reason for tieing her up. I dont know this is madness.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Another thing...

How can a rage last all weekend long??? Doesnt that seem a little strange?

I mean, a violent rage subsides...

Yeah, that is what McMahon is saying. He basically said that it seems that Benoit "committed" these acts after careful deliberation, rather than in a rage.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

Theres some speculation (not by the media) that Kevin Sullivan may be involved. Theres a motive and supposedly Benoit and Sullivan had a spat in real life. Benoits wife was married to Sullivan and supposedly Benoit stole her away.

Which just leads to my suggestion that maybe, just maybe, Benoit walked in on his wife and son after they were killed and he decided to kill himself. There is something really strange about this whole story. It all really doesn't add up.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
They are saying that in the days preceding the murders, Benoit and his wife had been arguing over the care of their "retarded" son.

In the days before killing his family and committing suicide, professional wrestler Chris Benoit reportedly argued with his wife over the care of their mentally retarded seven-year-old son.

World Wrestling Entertainment attorney Jerry McDevitt said "I think it's fair to say that the subject of caring for the child was part of what made their relationship complicated and difficult, and it's something they were both constantly struggling with." McDevitt said the WWE learned from the Benoits' friends and relatives that the couple were struggling with where to send the boy after his recent graduation from kindergarten. He said Benoit's wife Nancy, while not urging him to quit wrestling, wanted him to spend more time at home with their son Daniel.
Hmm

It seems that Benoit didn't like the way his son was being treated or something.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here is an article posted in the Toronto Sun with the views of Bruce Hart, brother of legendary Brett the Hitman Hart. www.torontosun.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, Access, Iwill say this, if it is indeed a fact that Benoit did do this, I can't say that I am shocked either. As Harts said,

Chris Benoit was a "delusional juice freak" who chased the dark side and had trouble distinguishing between his fictional character and reality, says the man who started him out in professional wrestling.

"The last time I saw him he was in pretty rough shape mentally," said Bruce Hart, son of the legendary Stu Hart. "I didn't know all the details but I knew it wasn't good. I was not at all shocked (by what happened).

"If I could see and determine that in a few visits, how the hell could they (World Wrestling Entertainment) not have known something was wrong? (In my opinion) I think the WWE needs to re-evaluate what it is doing here."
Chris

The guy really didn't look like a very nice person at all, despite what many say about him.

Here are a couple of pictures.

I am not bringing all of this to attention because I think Benoit was a "nice guy" who couldn't commit such an act, because I certainly think that he could have. I bring attention to this story because, to be honest, it all doesn't really add up. There are too many loopholes and oddities in the official story.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I agree with you, and the Hart Family is well respected here in Canada and I believe what they say is true.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Personally speaking I side with SpeakerofTruth. There are too many loopholes n the official story at the moment. I was discussing this at work today with some co-workers and each one has heard a different story. I have one saying that Benoit called his associate and stated he was at a local hospital because his son was puking blood. If so are there records of this? There is another story I heard that he smothered his son on Saturday and killed his wife on Sunday by bludgeoning her. Another states the opposite that his wife died first but by asphyxiation and he then killed his son by using a chokehold on him. And then killed himself in the basement of his house by hanging himself with his weight equipment. That brings up another question. Is it possible to hang yourself with your weight equipment? Does it not bring some safety features? Al the stories stated so far about his death have been strange.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
And then killed himself in the basement of his house by hanging himself with his weight equipment. That brings up another question. Is it possible to hang yourself with your weight equipment? Does it not bring some safety features? Al the stories stated so far about his death have been strange.

Yeah, I have a friend who said that he heard Benoit waited until Monday to hang himself. I suppose he sat there with the dead bodies for a day or two, eh?

I don't know. There are way too many conflicting reports and none of it makes sense to me, in all honesty. Then there are the weird text messages that he was supposedly sending. What was up with those?

I have to be honest, I am truly puzzled over this case.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I do know he was heavy into gambling. When he was here once he lost a belt to a guy I worked with. Yes I saw the belt. Not sure if this comes into play here but just thought I'd share the info.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What I do not like about the media at the moment is that they are playing the whole “Roid Rage” angel with the story. Yes he might have shot up steroids in the past yes he might still do it. A LOT of wrestlers do it. Its not common knowledge till something tragic or they need to be hospitalized happens but it does occur. It was my understanding that Roid rage last from anywhere from 2 hours to 8 hours. IF this is the case then wouldn’t he have to be shooting up on steroids from Friday night till Sunday morning in order to be so doped up and raging to commit this? But there is no scientific proof linking anabolic steroids to aggression. So we are back at square one.

Another thought I had that I discussed with a coworker was that he was taking A LOT of prescription drugs. Could it have been a combination of them or them and steroids IF he was on steroids at the time?

There are just too many possibilities as to what really happened to determine any truth in this matter at the moment.

As for his gambling problem, I was not aware he had one. It would be interesting to see if he did and owed someone money though.

As you can tell I am kind of a fan of Benoit when I did watch wrestling and on occasion recently switching through channels if I cam across a match of his id watch it. So I am biased on my opinion of him and he’s actually a cool guy I would say.

~Ghost~

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've worked on the indy circuit as a "wrestling manager" ... I even met Nancy Benoit once (She was Nancy Sullivan then) ... I am appalled by all of this but even more outraged that this man who so whole heartedly and truly loved the sport of pro wrestling has now tarnished forever not only his own legacy but of that sport he so desperately loved.

That being said there are a few things too add here ... Benoit did leave Saturday and cancel for a PPV appearance in which he was probably scheduled to once again become a World Champion. The higfhest honor in wrestling. I have personally not seen reports of why he left other than "a family emergency.

WWE on their site reported that he had sent several strange text-messages to close friends in the company, one of these being Chavo Guerrero. They used to actually have them posted on their site but it seems they have removed them along with probably anything else relating to Benoit and this tragedy. Thats probably a good thing. The man spent a weekend murdering his family. I would want to distance myself to if I were his employer at the time.

Wrestling is going to suffer for this and I'm not sure it should. An avid, life-long wrestling fan I can't even stomach to watch it right now but that because I'm a fan ... I'm hurt. Immediately the media started speculation about "roid rage" and attacking pro wrestling simply because thats what the man did for a living. My understanding is that WWE has a "Wellness Policy" against drug abuse and their have been suspensions for violating it but Chris Benoit was never on that list. There is only so much an employer can do.

On a side note, Benoit met and fell in love with Nancy through wrestling. He was set in a feud with a man named Kevin Sullivan who was in real life married to his valet Woman (Nancy Benoit). On TV Woman turned on Sullivan and took up with Benoit, (Sullivan was the head booker ... or writer at the time) . Sullivan, an old-school wrestler from carnie days, made all of the wrestlers live their TV persona WHENEVER they were in public. This meant that his wife would then be travelling with Benoit. Thats how they met and fell in love. This lead to Nancy leaving Kevin for Chris which then turned nasty. Nasty. Like he would write himself into brutal No DQ matches and such with Benoit.
And justed another sad sidenote in all of this.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by SpookshowJon]

[edit on 29-6-2007 by SpookshowJon]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's a tragedy but the only mystery really is why he did it.

The investigators believe he is the perpetrator of the crimes in this case and honestly I think I lot of people (some wrestling fans) refuse to accept that someone they admired could commit such heinous acts. That I can understand, however these kinds of crimes can and do happen ALL the time.

All signs seem to point to a troubled man in a trouble relationship, and with a child that had some medical issues that not even his friends knew about. Add drugs that can cause volatile aggressive reactions to the mix and the tragic story practically writes itself. Remember, his wife claimed he was once a threat to her life.

Sorry folks, but I'd be surprised if another man could "force" a sizable man like Benoit to hang himself without there being some signs of a struggle.
After all, it's alleged that he died last.

I think we're really reaching with a conspiracy theory in this case.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think it's a coincidence. If you read the guys previous edits, they are all vulgur and vandilization type posts. He probably wrote it to be an ass but it turned out to be true.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join