It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Hell? Chris Benoit's Wife's Death announced 14 hours prior to body being found on Wikiped

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This guy was definitely a loon and deserves no remorse. The IP posting could easily have been done via a public proxy to make it look like the post had originated elsewhere. I think a mountain is being made out of a mole hill with respect to this story.

I cannot imagine the look on his sons face as he strangled the last bit of life out of him, yet alone his wifes disbelief. If I knew where this loser was going to be buried I'd make the trip to piss on his grave.

brill

[edit on 28-6-2007 by brill]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, i've never tried killing myself either, but it just makes sense to me that this could be what happened.

You do not have to be at the physical address in order for that address to show up. This is why he kept giving specific directions as to where he lived.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Another thing...

How can a rage last all weekend long??? Doesnt that seem a little strange?

I mean, a violent rage subsides...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

How can a rage last all weekend long??? Doesnt that seem a little strange?

When you live around someone with steroid rages the concept of normal becomes a whole list of things which other people would consider abnormal.

I feel terribly sad for his wife. She must have suffered terribly for an awful long time.

These rages last for weeks... not just days DGtempe.

When my son was just 18 months old he got a black eye from his mother. She had an excuse and authorities refused to investigate. Over the following three months there were almost daily rages including one where she struck him in the face a few weeks later in my presence. Another where she trashed furniture. All of my ex's rages were accompanied by verbal abuse.

I have personally encountered steroid rages lasting months. The person having these rages is totally divorced from reality.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Sy, thank you for the explanation. Its terrible what people can do to themselves and others then have to pay.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I currently live in fear that my son will be murdered by his mother. He lives some 300 miles away and i get no access because she has convinced the court that i am the cause of conflict for our son. You can't imagine how frightened I am thinking about what Benoit did to his family.

You have to ignore that and keep going.

Having been there I can tell you that the victim also becomes divorced from reality and usually isolated from friends or family because the steroid abuser becomes paranoid and jealous.

In another thread I described how steroids interrupt the GABA neuron receptors of the brain and this is the part of the brain which inhibits irrational thinking and anxiety.

I once took a 20mg Prednisone tablet as an upper whilst feeling very run down. It was a stupid thing I did, but much worse was the effect of the tablet was like rocket fuel. It made me hyperanxious for a day.

For family living with a roid rage person they become so accustomed to rage behaviour that they lose the ability to perceive that they are in danger and need to remove themselves from it.

It's like the Stockholm syndrome, or like how a beaten spouse loses their free will and does not have the courage to walk away.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
My friend is a referee in the wrestling world. He told us about it right when he got the news.

Apparently he was supposed to show up for 2 shows. He called in the first one (Saturday I believe) and claimed that his kid was coughing up blood. The next day he told them He couldn't make it to the other show, that he had to stay home and take care of his family cause his wife was now coughing up blood. On Monday people were worried and called the cops to check up on him and found him dead in the house with his family.

So from the looks of it, he spent Saturday killing his son, Sunday Killing his wife and on Sunday Night/Monday morning finally decided to end his own life.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
He obviously posted it himself, imo.

What a tragedy!!

How could he have posted it himself, from Georgia, when they already said that the IP address that posted it was in Connecticut?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
also, even if you exclude the 'rages' effects over time, someone who is mentally ill (- which, is obvious here) can be in a state of complete delusion and mania for up to even 2 weeks, i believe. All our bodies are different but still...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It gets even stranger folks. Wiki now has postings from someone who says he did the edit about the wife being dead, and that it was just speculation.

Stranger and stranger. Should we belive it?

Wiki LInk

I posted my speculation on the situation at the time and I am deeply sorry about this, and I was just as shocked as everyone when I heard that this actually would happen in real life. It is one of those things that just turned into a huge coincidence. That night I found out that what I posted, ended up actually happening, a 1 in 10,000 chance of happening, or so I thought. I was beyond wrong for posting wrongful information, and I am sorry to everyone for this.

I am from Stamford as the IP address shows, and I am just an everyday individual who posted a wrongful remark at the time that received so much attention because it turned out to actually happen. I will say again I didn't know anything about the Benoit tragedy, it was a terrible coincidence that I never saw coming.

[edit on 6/29/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I knew the second I found out about this story a while back that it would be on ATS is SOME way, shape, or form.

As far as the Benoit situation goes, I really have no opinion until all the details are released.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I read that a few hours ago and was VERY surprised.

Did Benoit post it himself? He send a bunch of text messages with instructions on them between the time of the murders and the time of suicide?

There is something to this ... and it's VERY interesting.

It is not surprising if he posted it himself. Someone smarter than I can probably confirm this, but I believe that part of the pathology of someone who has killed like this is that he or she wants to be caught. That's why he posted the text messages, and why he edited wikipedia.

It has been revealed that the poster of the wiki listing was not Mr. Benoit. However it remains a "mystery" to me as to why the poster just decides to A. edit the wiki article at seemingly a most appropriate time. B. Edit it to such a degree that only someone of apparent forehand knowledge would be privy to.

[edit on 6/29/07 by catchphraseneeded]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by IronDogg
Triple-H is a major shareholder in WWE isn't he? Is there a lot more going on behind the scenes at WWE that we are not aware of?

Well, that is a good question. Like I said, I also find it rather ironic that there was supposed to be a staging of "McMahon's death" on the night that all of this took place. This story seems really, really bizarre to me. It would be interesting to see the timeline, but even if it comes out that the story was only posted seven hours before the bodies were found, warning flags go up in my mind.

Well I was going to read the whole thread before I added my 2 cents, but I couldn't wait any longer.

First off, the Monday Night Raw that was cancelled in Texas was NOT the staging of Mr. McMahon's death. That was actually done about two weeks ago. It was done the night after the Sopranos finale. The show that was canceled was supposed to be a "Tribute" show to Mr. McMahon, who was already "declared" dead. Upon receiving news that the Benoit family was found dead, the WWE sent fans home at 6:30pm CST. About a half hour before the show was scheduled start.

Someone mentioned Triple H, Paul Michael Levesque, I do not know if he is a shareholder or not. I would imagine he is. He did marry Vince McMahon's daughter, Stephanie McMahon and they just had their first child not too long ago. I do not recall any falling out between him, Benoit or Eddie Guerrero. If I remember correctly, at the time Eddie Guerrero had died he was performing on the "Smackdown" brand and Triple H was on the "Raw" brand so the two did not even work with each other.

The way I understand the story it went like this.......

Chris Benoit is reported to have visited his doctor Friday afternoon (for someone who wondered how he got put into it) then strangled his wife sometime Friday night. He was scheduled to appear on a show in Beaumont TX on Saturday. At some point Saturday afternoon or night, Benoit choked his 7 year old son to death. Saturday afternoon Benoit spoke to someone from WWE talent relations. He had missed his flight to Beaumont TX and claimed to have overslept. He also mentions his wife "throwing up blood" and his son being sick and attempts to call off for Sunday. WWE claims that Benoit sounded groggy. WWE rearranged Benoit's travel arrangements so, if possible, he could make it to the show in Houston TX on Sunday night. Which was WWE's Vengence PPV. Saturday night, WWE began trying to contact him to find out information on his status. Chris did not answer his phone.

Here is where the text messages come in.... it is reported that between 3:53am and 3:58am on Sunday 6/24 Chris Benoit sent out 5 text messages. 2 from his phone, and 3 from the phone of his dead wife. From his phone the first message was his address. The second message said "The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open." The 3 messages he sent from his wife's phone was just like his first message. Simply an address. One of the people who received these text messages was Eddie Guerrero's nephew, Chavo Guerrero. This I found out from watching the "Tribute" show that was done on Monday. They had interviews with various wrestlers and Chavo made this claim. Though the mainstream media has not mentioned who actually received the texts.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So some guy has owned up to doing the early edit. Do we know this is real? I mean if it turned out that Benoit had actually edited it himself surely they would just make up someone else owning up to it anyway just as a cover story so he didn't look as bad?

But then on the other hand I can't really see Benoit, in his raging murderous state, sitting down and logging onto wikipedia thinking "oh yeah I'd better update my wiki article".
I'm sure there were a lot more important things on his mind than that.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I havent seen mention of it in the thread but this is something else thats linked.

www.foxnews.com...

Theres some speculation (not by the media) that Kevin Sullivan may be involved. Theres a motive and supposedly Benoit and Sullivan had a spat in real life. Benoits wife was married to Sullivan and supposedly Benoit stole her away.

Martel has links to Sullivan and her death is uncertain. Everyones death is suspicions. Alabama is fair close to Georgia too which to me is rather convenient.

Also. How can he kill his child and be so concerned about his dogs in a text message?

Who knows.

Benoit was one of the best technical wrestlers of all time. I grew up watching him and have never heard anything negative about him. I'm truly in denial that he could have killed them. To many inconsistencies from the police.

When a murder suicide happens its usually know right off the bat. Why would homicide be expected at first and then later changed to murder-suicide? Its rather fishy to me as homicide is usually labeled when breaking and entering was apparent.

Again I don't believe Benoit did it. I haven't watched wrestling faithfully in over 5 years. This truly was a shocker for me.

[edit on 6/29/2007 by AndrewTB]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

Also. How can he kill his child and be so concerned about his dogs in a text message?

I think he sent strange texts to someone saying that 'the dogs are out in the garden and the garage door is open' or something along those lines. I think it was more of a hinted invitation over to alert someone to what had happened.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
I havent seen mention of it in the thread but this is something else thats linked.

www.foxnews.com...

Theres some speculation (not by the media) that Kevin Sullivan may be involved. Theres a motive and supposedly Benoit and Sullivan had a spat in real life. Benoits wife was married to Sullivan and supposedly Benoit stole her away.

Martel has links to Sullivan and her death is uncertain. Everyones death is suspicions. Alabama is fair close to Georgia too which to me is rather convenient.

Who knows.

Benoit was one of the best technical wrestlers of all time. I grew up watching him and have never heard anything negative about him. I'm truly in denial that he could have killed them. To many inconsistencies from the police.

When a murder suicide happens its usually know right off the bat. Why would homicide be expected at first and then later changed to murder-suicide? Its rather fishy to me as homicide is usually labeled when breaking and entering was apparent.

Again I don't believe Benoit did it. I haven't watched wrestling faithfully in over 5 years. This truly was a shocker for me.

The Kevin Sullivan story is bunk. It came out last night on O Rielly's show when he was talking to Geraldo. It was totally speculative and a real stretch. Sherry Martel's "ties" to Sullivan is that she too worked in wrestling. So did a lot of other people who are alive and well. I would expect Sullivan to contact a good lawyer and sue.

Benoit and Sullivan did have a real life situation. Several years back, Nancy Benoit was Sullivan's wife. Sullivan was a performer as well as the booker (at that point) for WCW. Sullivan came up with a storyline where his wife would have an affair with Benoit and that would be what their feud was about. Well in this case story imitated life and Nancy left Sullivan for Benoit. It should be said that Sullivan and Benoit worked together for several years in WCW AFTER the fact. This was about 10 years ago and I don't think anyone who wants revenge would wait 10+ years get it.

edited to add: I didnt take the text messages about him being worried about the dogs. He owned 2 Rotts. I took it as more of a case as he wanted someone to find the bodies, he mentions the garage door as being unlocked and open. The dogs seem like it is mentioned in more of a "dont worry about them" kind of statement by saying that they are in an enclosed area. I could be wrong, but that is how it came across to me.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought
My friend is a referee in the wrestling world. He told us about it right when he got the news.

Apparently he was supposed to show up for 2 shows. He called in the first one (Saturday I believe) and claimed that his kid was coughing up blood. The next day he told them He couldn't make it to the other show, that he had to stay home and take care of his family cause his wife was now coughing up blood. On Monday people were worried and called the cops to check up on him and found him dead in the house with his family.

So from the looks of it, he spent Saturday killing his son, Sunday Killing his wife and on Sunday Night/Monday morning finally decided to end his own life.

Interesting - to me this would imply that he somehow incapacitated his wife and child. It doesn't seem likely that either one of them left the house from Friday to Sunday so this would mean that he made them sick first. Then perhaps when they didn't die fast enough he strangled and suffocated them. The placing of the bible showed remorse and a hope they are in a better place. Then while on the drugs he contemplated his next move. He perhaps kept changing his mind about taking his own life but knew it would ruin him further if he didn't so he led people to his house through messages. Clueing people in on his whereabouts and that of his family showed coherency and telling others about his pets showed compassion. I think he was on a very deep emotional wave.

They say the son was killed first. What mother would stand by and let that happen? So Chris must have drugged her and tied her up. If they were coughing up blood then perhaps he did poison them which will come up on the tox reports during autopsy.

This is a very sad story. How many more families does this happen to that do not get this kind of exposure?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I will add my two cents in here:
Having expereience with steroids, through research (for school and personal) and use, I will say that they were not the cause of this.
Hey, I have been wrong before, but I am sticking to my guns that this is not what caused it. I am sure they may have played a part. But they did not cause him to lose control and commit murder and then suicide. To me, something else here is happening.
Hey laid bibles about by their feet, took the time to drink a whole bottle of wine and about 12 beers, tied up his wife, etc. etc. To me, this guy just broke, I dont mean a fit of rage, I mean mentally broke, lost it. There is a difference in losing it in a fit of "roid" rage, and losing it mentally. To me, there are some underlying issues here that we may never know about. but my peronal opinion is the guy just snapped MENTALLY.
This is a TERRIBLE tragedy that is hard for many people to accept and understand. People are going to look for answers, and when they cant find any, they will grab the first straw they can. To me, people are grabbing the "roid rage" theory because it helps them come up with an answer as to why this horrible tragedy happened.

When you look at the many biographies of wrestling that is out there, like Beyond the Mat, you will see that many of these athletes have multiple problems. Sure there is steroid use, but you will see in some of these docs and reports that many of these athletes have addictions to other drugs, they also seem to have destructive personal lives.

This is just my opinion, and I could be wrong, I have been before. But I think the guy's mind just broke down from whatever demons he had in his life.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
www.rense.com...
This is how the WIKIPEDIA Post was caused..this is also how The Benoit Family was "pushed" PSYOPS will be in full effect to maximise confusion in th general population look for more "FOILED" terror attacks around the world and in the US
www.wanttoknow.info...

"We Deny We Exist"www.bugsweeps.com...

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Stanley06]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join