Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

POLITICS: Dean Accused of Planning Vote Fraud.

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
DES MOINES, Iowa (source: Reuters): Richard Gephardt's campaign manager has accused Howard Dean's campaign of planning to use non-Iowans in the January 19 caucuses. The plan is apparently to use these stand-ins as state residents in support of Dean. Joe Trippi, campaign manager for Dean, denied the allegation and told Steve Murphy (Gephardt manager), "sleazy tactics like yours are exactly the reason that people have stopped participating in the political process."

From the story: "In a letter to Trippi and later in a conference call with reporters, Murphy said a Dean field organizer in Iowa told a Gephardt staff member some of the expected 3,500 out-of-state Dean supporters coming to Iowa to help turn out the caucus vote would try to participate. "It has come to our attention that your campaign in Iowa is engaged in an effort to violate caucus rules and send out-of-state supporters to pose as Iowa residents and caucus in cities and towns across the state," Murphy said in the letter. " [Edited on 8-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Happy...

Is it my imagine, or does this guy step in his own # every time he moves???

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Who the hell believes this? Gephardt is so far behind he'll say anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ah-ha! The "Colonel Bait" worked!
j/k The point of this story is to show how "low" this campaign is getting already. It's amazing that a wire service has carried a story that would normally be "Enquirer" material. I think the Politics section of ATSNN is going to get interesting in the coming months.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Who the hell believes this? Gephardt is so far behind he'll say anything.

I really should keep my political allegiances to myself on this, you know where i stand Colonel

This absolute trash of a report to be put on a wire service shows the lows this years election will stoop to, Dean is the candidate many will stand for, but he's just too easy to throw crap at, Clark is well The "General" General, Kerry is "i was in 'nam" and Edwards has that accent

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
hmmm, I don't know. Look at those beatie eyes..

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is funny too: Rush on why Dean looked too tall Open season.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Nothing makes sense anymore. Saturday Night Live needs Bush to win to be funny, and Rush needs Dean to win for the same reason.

I followed that link S.O., and my attention was quickly sucked to "Rush's ALL TIME Hits!"

All the Clinton parodies that made him a success.

He needs new material badly. Rush needs Dean.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Ah-ha! The "Colonel Bait" worked!
j/k

The point of this story is to show how "low" this campaign is getting already. It's amazing that a wire service has carried a story that would normally be "Enquirer" material.

I think the Politics section of ATSNN is going to get interesting in the coming months.

Its not getting low b/c of the candidate---well--maybe the ones in the mid-tier levels---but b/c of the meida coverage. They ask horrible questions and they drag this primary into the sewer.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yeah, they should only ask him questions that he has "good" answers for, huh Colonel?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Dean is doing his job,

to prevent the Democrats from winning in 2004.

Keep it up!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Yeah, they should only ask him questions that he has "good" answers for, huh Colonel?

They should ask him questions on his plans fo rhis country, Iraq, the economy, healthcare, education, etc. But, that's too complex for you. You like the gossip.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

They should ask him questions on his plans fo rhis country, Iraq, the economy, healthcare, education, etc. But, that's too complex for you. You like the gossip.

I think those questions are too tough for Dean too.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

I think those questions are too tough for Dean too.

If you bothered to check his site you'll see he does answer those questions.

IRAQ: The points are:

A NATO-led coalition should maintain order and guarantee disarmament.

Civilian authority in Iraq should be transferred to an international body approved by the U.N. Security Council.

The U.N.'s Oil for Food program should be transformed into an Oil for Recovery program, to pay part of the costs of reconstruction and transition.

The U.S. should convene an international donor's conference to help finance the financial burden of paying for Iraq's recovery.

Women should participate in every aspect of the decision-making process.

A means should be established to prosecute crimes committed against the Iraqi people by individuals associated with Saddam Hussein's regime.

A democratic transition will take between 18 to 24 months, although troops should expect to be in Iraq for a longer period.

"We must hold the Administration to its promises before the war, and create a world after the war that is safer, more democratic, and more united in winning the larger struggle against terrorism and the forces that breed it," Governor Dean said.

"That is, after all, now much more than a national security objective," he added. "It is a declaration of national purpose, written in the blood of our troops, and of the innocent on all sides who have perished."

The ECONOMY:

My economic policies for America are based on four fundamentals:

Repeal the Bush tax cuts, and use those funds to pay for universal health care, homeland security, and investments in job creation that benefit all Americans.

Set the nation on the path to a balanced budget, recognizing that we cannot have social or economic justice without a sound fiscal foundation.

Create a fairer and simpler system of taxation.
Assure that Social Security and Medicare are adequately funded to meet the needs of the next generation of retirees.

I know what it takes to generate economic growth. As President, I will work tirelessly to put the American economy back on the road to prosperity not just for the favored few, but for all.

All the rest are available on www.deanforamerica.com

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
If you bothered to check his site you'll see he does answer those questions.
Ok, I guess one can joke about Bush...but the other side cannot take it.

The ECONOMY:

My economic policies for America are based on four fundamentals:

Repeal the Bush tax cuts, and use those funds to pay for universal health care, homeland security, and investments in job creation that benefit all Americans.
Hmmmm...read my lips, more taxes.

Set the nation on the path to a balanced budget, recognizing that we cannot have social or economic justice without a sound fiscal foundation.
Good lip service. Has not every candidate ever said this?

Create a fairer and simpler system of taxation.
Assure that Social Security and Medicare are adequately funded to meet the needs of the next generation of retirees.
Ditto.

I know what it takes to generate economic growth. As President, I will work tirelessly to put the American economy back on the road to prosperity not just for the favored few, but for all.
"I know what it takes" sounds very much like I know what is best for you. Again, lip service that I think every candidate has said.

All the rest are available on www.deanforamerica.com

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think I see now. When it's dirt about a Republican it's the "truth". When it's about a democrat it's "gossip".

I think we should know the dirt about both sides and not just the pretty shiny things about the one you blindly follow.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
YOU WILL JUST ACCEPT BUSH LYING TO YOU JUST B/C HE'S A RPEUGNANT LIKE YOU.

What about Powell and his admission about WMDs which lead to dead Iraqis and dead Americans. Where's your outrage? You have none. BECAUSE LIKE A REPUGNANT WITH THE SPIRIT OF CAIN YOU DON'T CARE!

top topics

join