It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush won't supply subpoenaed documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

WASHINGTON - President Bush, moving toward a constitutional showdown with Congress, asserted executive privilege Thursday and rejected lawmakers' demands for documents that could shed light on the firings of federal prosecutors.

Source: AP

These types of antics are starting to get real old. Once again, executive privilege is cited as a reason to hide what is speculative wrong doing from the American people. Congress, the representatives of the people, are asking for accountability and we're getting the whole "no, sorry, this is secret" routine. First the problem was we were being inactive, now were doing the right thing and getting stonewalled. After a congressional contempt citation what can actually be done?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Really? No replies? This is big news, they're using executive privilege for the second time to alegedly cover up wrong doing! I'd hope someone here has a few thoughts on this since i haven't seen it covered in any other threads.

on a side note (i guess half hijacking my thread) heres a bonus question just while im thinking about it... if cheney says hes not part of the executive branch, is he then allowed to invoke executive privilege? can bush invoke it for him?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
duplicate post... mods please remove.

[edit on 6/28/2007 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What did you expect? Cheney has said himself he's part of a fourth branch. There is nothing that can be done, Bush is the decider but Cheney is the one who gives him his choices.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
that may be true, but can bush invoke executive privilege FOR cheney? is there any way at all the executive branch can be made to talk?

top topics

join