It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Year Old Girl Smarter than Hawkins!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

2 year old girl smarter than Stephen Hawkings
« on: 06/23/07, 18:04 »

Two-year-old 'Matilda' becomes youngest ever girl in Mensa
By DUNCAN ROBERTSON - More by this author »
Last updated at 23:01pm on 21st June 2007
Source: dailymail.uk

Her parents knew Georgia Brown was bright. After all, she could count to ten, recognised her colours and was even starting to dabble with French.

But it was only when their bubbly little two-year-old took an IQ test that her towering intellect was confirmed.

Georgia has become the youngest female member of Mensa after scoring a genius-rated IQ of 152.

This puts her in the same intellectual league, proportionate to her age, as physicist Stephen Hawking.

According to an expert in gifted children, Georgia is the brightest two-year-old she has ever met.

Parents Martin and Lucy Brown have always regarded their youngest child as a remarkably quick learner

She was crawling at five months and walking at nine months.

By 14 months, she was getting herself dressed.

"She spoke really early - by 18 months she was having proper conversations," Mrs Brown said.

"She would say, 'Hello I'm Georgia, I'm one'. She was also putting her shoes on and putting them on the right feet."

Georgia was so perceptive that after one outing to the theatre to see Beauty and the Beast she solemnly informed her parents: "I didn't like Gaston (the villain). He was mean and arrogant."

Struck by the similarities between her daughter and Matilda, the title character in the Roald Dahl story about a gifted child, Mrs Brown began to worry about Georgia's future education.
Genius

Related link: Matilda

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Cute littler thing, I hope she is allwed to grow up as any other normal child but we know that such an intelligent child will always be hungry for knowledge.

I cannot wait to see what she can be able to acomplish as she gets older.

BTW my daughter was walking also when she was 9 month old and I knew a boy that was walking at 6 month old, but beside being bright my daughter is just in the normal rage for brightness.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of IQ test they would give a baby?

Just wondering,

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well dg I imagine that is she is so advanced the test are just push to see how advance she really is.

Is various test done depending the age of the child and I guess she would have gone through some that were beyond her age.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I seriously doubt the education system has anything lined up that could keep this one challenged...

Instead, I say fast track her through the curriculum, then get her started with the newest theories and tests we are working on, this kid may just be the ticket to getting the whole mess of quantum physics worked out into a more predictable set of rules.

Or not... its up to her.

But for the love of advancement, DO NOT allow her mind to rot like so many other potentials have in the past!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I read somewhere there was an indian boy with massive inteligence as a young child. He was trying to work out a cure for cancer and aids ect.

However his genius mind seemed to slow down as he got a little older.

Who knows what this amazing child will do for us in the future.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I wonder what kind of IQ test they would give a baby?

Just wondering,

IQ tests are a ratio of your intelligence in correlation with your age. So what they have done, they have compared the little girls' intelligence to other two year olds.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I seriously doubt the education system has anything lined up that could keep this one challenged...

That seems to be a big problem in our education system,and has been for the last 50 years or so. People who are extremely intelligent, at least sometimes, does not do real well in school because they are not challenged. It's boring to them. Einstein is a fine case in point, if you want to go back that far.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
baaah, I was speaking as an adult at 12 months old...this means nothing, we have to see how it will develop.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by masterp]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
baaah, I was speaking as an adult at 12 months old...this means nothing, we have to see how it will develop.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by masterp]

Wait, you are telling us that you were putting together coherent and logical sentences at twelve months?

You are correct in saying that we will have to wait and see how this girl progresses over the years before we start tauting her as the "smartest person to ever live," or whatever.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I had 154 at age five, it's easy to be smart when you're young, now it's a mere 140.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I had 154 at age five, it's easy to be smart when you're young, now it's a mere 140.

Well, yeah, like I said, IQ tests are a comparison between you and others in your age group. However, you do realize that 140 is considered "genius," I am sure. I don't think that this young lady, barring brain damage, is going to fall below the "genius" level as she gets older. Your IQ decreases or increases minimally, barring some sort of exterior event.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Me too... uberarcanist, I hate to tell you this, but it gets worse. The older you get the lower it gets... Mine's slipped to 139 now, but my ego has soared to 172!

What really bothers me about this girl is this. When she's old enough to choose a career, will she:

(a) Choose to become a lawyer
(b) Choose not to become a lawyer
(c) go on an unemployment benefit

The whole future of humanity could hang on this vital thread ?

[edit on 28-6-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
We can now test hearing and sight etc. as well as thought processes with sensors on the scalp; PET scans etc.

Show a child XYZ on the screen and what what happens in what regions of the brain.

It's possible to determine quite a lot.

Children should not be pushed to learn but should be facilitated to learn. Provided opportunities to learn. Enriched environments etc. But not pushed to achieve parent's ego goals.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
For the article's author to claim that she's "smarter than Hawking" is a bit of a stretch. A person's IQ is their "mental age" divided by their "chronological age", then multiplied by 100; so for her to have an IQ of 152, at the age of 2, simply means that her "mental age" is that of a 3 yr. old.

[edit on 6/28/07 by redmage]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I remember when I was finishing public school (Grade 8 in case your curriculum is different), I had an IQ score of 140. Today, I score about a 138 on average. Which is where my problem with IQ scores come in...

Granted, I'm creative, I can see the big picture before others realize theres a picture to be seen at all... but I wouldn't personally give myself an IQ rating on 138. I've run into others who I think are more intelligent than myself, who have scored far less than me.

However, this child's abilities clearly indicate she is far more advanced than anything I've ever seen.

My way of looking at IQ scores, is it's a rough estimate... but it should never be taken seriously.

Personally, if IQ were a finite score, I'd score this little girl in the 180's.

KTK

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
No doubt she will sit somewhere neatly on the autism spectrum.As usual the parents will go out of their way for the child not to learn any social skills. Ive seen it time and time again with pushy "baby genius' parents. The children end up information regurgetators,unable to think for themselves with inept social and living skills.
Conditioning at its finest,let the babies be babies.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
No doubt she will sit somewhere neatly on the autism spectrum.As usual the parents will go out of their way for the child not to learn any social skills. Ive seen it time and time again with pushy "baby genius' parents. The children end up information regurgetators,unable to think for themselves with inept social and living skills.
Conditioning at its finest,let the babies be babies.

Not to be a boob here, but in my honest opinion, "social skills" are not as important as intelligence. While a person who lacks social skills carries a stigma that many place on loners and such, I really don't think other people's opinions are that important when it comes to the personality of an individual. People are going to think what they want to anyway.

"Well, he/she is "weird" or "psycho" because he she thinks and talks about things that I haven't the ability to understand." That is the common opinion of the common people in society in regards to intelligent individuals. It's very sad, in my opinion, that intelligence has had such a stigma attached to it.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

join