It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 - I have a question

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Surely the time discrepancies are simply down to prodedure? Three days to reach the moon, then preparation for the descent down to the moons surface. Add onto that the fact that Armstrong scrapped the original landing because he was descending into a boulder field. It all adds up!
Coming home? Well thats just take off from the moon, allow your own internal thrust plus the earths gravity to take you home, and then straight into the atmosphere and finally splash down. . .

The time difference is, in my opinion, purely down to the time it took to make sure they got the landing right.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
What if they went, but the moon isn't really what they tell you it is, and it is right in the sky where you see it and you come to realize that everything you know is not from experience, but from someone telling you what is and not you being involved with what is.

I, for one, would love to know more about the implications of your suggestion.

Could you please elaborate? I am intrigued by alternative theories.

Personally, I have a hard time believing we ever went. (At least as portrayed by the "history" books or NASA's version.)

regards....kk

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Guys, do check out the stuff Hoagland found out about rocket telemetry and Von Braun in my earlier reply on this thread. It is truly ground shaking, and questions (indeed trashes) our entire 'known' laws of physics. Von Braun found out soon enough what was causing his rockets to go further than they should have, but along with his cohorts kept it secret to this day. It explains why the first rockets sent to the Moon overshot it (missed it!) hugely, due to the rockets going far faster on a set fuel payload than our 'known' laws of physics calculated possible.

Hoaglands got them by the bolls this time

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join