It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious User...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Personally I never thought disinformation agents were real. It was my belief that even though it was evident that the government was hiding billions of things from the public, they wouldn't go as far as plant a bunch of agents around the globe to spread lies and distort the truth. But recently I have come across a user on the youtube who goes by Version25. And I am convinced that if disinfo agents really do exist he might be one of them. There is this Philip Schneider video that he has been trying to discredit for about a month striaght now. He claims that Phil Scheider was a con-man but rarely backs up his claims with any sources. But you guys should read the comments he has posted and see for yourselves. His comments shouldn't be hard to find as he usually posts at least one a day.
go to the link below and be the judge.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
sloth said: they wouldn't go as far as plant a bunch of agents around the globe to spread lies and distort the truth.

Are you kidding right? That's what every intelligence agency does, how every embassay operates and also the catholic church for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
yeah, initially i chalked the whole disinfo thing to paranoia but know i think that these people could definately be out there. Especially since I encountered this VERSION dude. Nothing about him is right.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think a good example of disinfo recently would be that really long thread by ghostraven. These agents have become commonplace everywhere on the web. Sometimes it is tough to tell the disinfo agents from the plain old jerks.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
How can anyone disprove Phil Schnieder, all the stuff he talks about is secret. How can anyone disprove it.

Yep theres loads of disinfo out there, shame but thats the way it is.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
FWIW, there's a pretty good synopsis on Phil on Wiki, including a pro and con analysis.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by the sloth
yeah, initially i chalked the whole disinfo thing to paranoia but know i think that these people could definately be out there. Especially since I encountered this VERSION dude. Nothing about him is right.

Anyone who thinks there are not agents out there (and in here) should really investigate into psyops. They admit to it.

"Information intended for foreign audiences, including public diplomacy and Psyops, is increasingly consumed by our domestic audience," it reads.

"Psyops messages will often be replayed by the news media for much larger audiences, including the American public," it goes on.

"In this day and age it is impossible to prevent stories that are fed abroad as part of psychological operations propaganda from blowing back into the United States - even though they were directed abroad," says Kristin Adair of the National Security Archive.

Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Griff- Yep be careful about giving personal details away. I know people come here looking to talk about experiences but these people are looking for this type of people.

Be careful about what info you give when discussing, about any ability you have if any, because these people know how to talk around people who are not careful. You just never relise how much info you can tell on these forums when you get going.

Remember it does not matter if this board is private or not, it is one of the biggest on the net, and there will be people here gathering info. They will be able to collect all the info about you that the administrater can etc...

Just a heads up.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It's important to note that in a lot of cases the government doesn't even have to use hired disinformation agents : the public at large has become an agent of disinformation !

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoobieDoobieDo
It's important to note that in a lot of cases the government doesn't even have to use hired disinformation agents : the public at large has become an agent of disinformation !

Yes, Noobie, that is true, but only to an extent.

John Q. Public repeats what he is told, and the vast majority haven't a clue whether what they are told is the unabashed truth, the "Washington Truth", or an outright lie. The fact is that the Government(s) do, indeed, use hired hands to do this work. These people are highly skilled experts at the arts of dangling carrots just out of the reach of the donkey, and herding sheep(le). It is, mostly a subtle process.

Sometimes it is tough to tell the disinfo agents from the plain old jerks.

Aces--

Actually, it really isn't that difficult once you understand the rules and learn how to do that. These people are as human as the rest of us, and they carry with them the same fallibility all humans have. You just have to know what that is and how to spot it. You can start by reading the links in this ATS Thread. Oh, yes, some of the Jerks use the same methodology, but, with far less finesse, and way too wide a scope of subject matter. I rather like to use the term "pseudo-skeptic" over "jerk" or "troll", but, either or all, they get their jollies off by baiting people rather than make a concerted effort at dis-informing.

Are any of these real agents ATS Members?? Yes! What does tha mean? It means that ATS is getting some welcomed attention, and that because ATS is making a decided impact on international affairs regards getting at the truth severally.

Always remember this: When dis-information is being propagated, somebody, somewhere, has an interest in doing it and obviously because there is a conspiracy to keep the truth from the public.

Hope this helps you.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
badge- anyone can change or put info on wikipedia including **dund dada dun* disinfo agents believe none of wut you hear and half of wut you see

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Report On Cardboard-Filled Buns Faked

Here is an example of exactly what we are talking about. Consider the Source in this story, with the knowledge that media in China is State controlled, and the problems that have come to light regards their Food quality. Don't believe a word of it!

BEIJING -- Chinese media said a freelance reporter for a Beijing television station has been detained for faking a hidden camera report about street vendors who used chemical-soaked cardboard to fill meat buns.

The report came amid real food scares involving toxic fish, tainted pork and egg yolks colored with a cancer-causing dye that have harmed China's reputation as an exporter.-----

Source: NBC News, via WXII TV

Do I believe that these buns were stuffed with pork-flavored, emulsified, cardboard? Yes, I do.

Do I believe this news story is a plant for the purposes of Disinformation in an attempt to whitewash China's lousy food quality control? Yes, I do.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I appreciate the feed back on this but did anyone even follow the link? I kinda wanted to know what people thought about this Version25 character. Even now he hasn't stopped posting his opinionated bullcrap.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sloth--

My take on this guy is that is a middle-aged, opinionated, dude with an attitude.
I think what you are seeing, in his case, is opinion, rather than dis-info. He gets his jollies by "debunking" everything that comes up--like a few up here on ATS.

As to this particular video---DUMBs are nothing new, and, yes, they exist. Most of them were built during the later years of the Cold War, expanded later, and are still in use.

It this guy is, indeed, a DIA, then he is spending a lot of time on the wrong website.

JMHO

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You've only got to post regularly in a forum, for example the 9-11 forum. You start to notice patterns of new posters showing up spewing the same crap whenever a post is getting a lot of attention. The same tactics are used, ignore what they can't explain and keep repeating the lies. When things calm down they go away, to be soon replaces by a new group of newbies with the same mo. Also note they rarely contribute to other topics.

I could name names...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This guy just kind of dumbfounds me. It's been about two months straight already! If you go back and read all of his posts he hasn't missed a single day. But you're probably right Ed, I can't see any disinfo guys going about their jobs in his manner. Youtube isn't a chat forum.... so yeah.... he's retarded. I think he's just some reclusive loser with no life who, as you accurately put it, "gets his jollies out of "dubunking" everything...".

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
You've only got to post regularly in a forum, for example the 9-11 forum. You start to notice patterns of new posters showing up spewing the same crap whenever a post is getting a lot of attention. The same tactics are used, ignore what they can't explain and keep repeating the lies. When things calm down they go away, to be soon replaces by a new group of newbies with the same mo. Also note they rarely contribute to other topics.

I could name names...

They're alive and kicking in the "Drone" discussions too, as well in the old GhostRaven thread. The tactics are mostly the same as you mentioned for 9/11 topic.

I think, no accusations towards any particular person, that they also bring in a "big gun" expert every once in a while to use as an authority figure to "steer" the debates. These experts are like those used in a court trial, taking their cue from the prosecution.

One telltale sign you can watch for is how pushy these folks are, and the fact that being banned is the least of their concerns. They're there to do a job, and it shows.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
FWIW, there's a pretty good synopsis on Phil on Wiki, including a pro and con analysis.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Phil Schneider page has been removed. No information is on Wiki about him, except a picture that hasn't been posted yet and will be deleted on the 26 of August..

All other information has been removed on Phil.

How upsetting.

-Mea

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Whats the best way to spread disinfo???????

Start a web forum web page allowing 150,000 members to post their own opinions about everything!

hahahah

just kidding guys. Keep up all the good and interesting posts!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well its the same as this

"our government would never perform a false flag operation"

but then there were plans

so it changes to

"our government would never perform a false flag operation, could they?"

and as each bit of evidence unfolds the questions become less and the statements become more.

My point is that if it is possible, it is/has been done/planned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join