It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush To Send Nasa Back to Moon: Confirmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Okay, Sorry, at the moment I haven't a link, I just saw it on the news, but apparently Bush will announce his 'big plans' for NASA next week, apparently they'll be going back to the moon, and he wants a permanent base to be set up.

Damn. I can't find a link.

I really just heard the news, but I can't get a link, anyone else have one? It'd be appreciated.

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by Viendin]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Bush Plans Major Space Announcement
Thu January 8, 2004 07:22 PM ET

(Page 1 of 2)
By Steve Holland and Adam Entous

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Buoyed by a successful landing on Mars by a robot explorer, President Bush plans a major announcement on space policy next week that may lead to sending Americans back to the moon, congressional aides said on Thursday.

Nearly a year after the shuttle Colombia exploded on reentering the atmosphere, sending NASA into a deep spell of melancholy, Bush is expected to outline a sweeping vision of U.S. space leadership.

He is expected to propose a new lunar initiative that could lead to a mission to Mars in the long term, said the sources, who asked to remain unidentified.

White House officials declined to comment. Bush is scheduled to be in Mexico on Monday and Tuesday so any announcement is not expected before Wednesday.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hell has just frozen over.....

Bush has got a good idea

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Hell has just frozen over.....

Bush has got a good idea

he is just lookin for a US dominated cheese monopoly

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
i have now seen this twice on the news in past few days, one was a new reader reporting it, and the other was an interview with a top NASA person, they say YUP we are going back to MOON and MARS!! manned missions, not robots, a new era of expansion and exploration for man is about to begin, moon bases and even mars baseswithin 15 years time max and that mean built and manned for few years in that time frame, new space propulsion mini nuclear reactor engines will power the new ships, oh and also they talked about building new manned lander crafts these would be launched on new super rockets like the ones that went to moon those huge rockets.

top topics

join