It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the "Whore of Babylon"?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
"the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: with whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication." (Rev. 17:1-2 KJV)

The Statue of Liberty

I don't usually like to use Wiki, but this time it had just what I was looking for. Simply excerpts and descriptions from the Bible. No worries about Wiki page authors.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is a lot of similar symbolism between the Statue and the "WoB", right down to the 7 spikes on the "SoL"'s head, and the 7 heads of the "WoB".

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I understand that Babylon was also supposed to be invaded from the north... Iran perhaps ?

Fought over by two adversaries ?

USA versus Iran ?

Tempting ideas.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Babylon of Jeremiah 50 and 51 is modern day Iraq.

Mystery Babylon is the church of Rome.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
i'm more inclined to think the 'WoB'
is the 'Allorgical depiction of supreme Evil', as the wiki-link in the OP
states in the 1st sentence or two.

the Statue of Liberty, was a 'gift' to the American people from the
people of France, exemplifing the higher virtues/equality/justice, etc

...so how did the Statue gain the infamous label as representing a despicable/indulgent/lawless/flaunting/hedonistic nature of humanity?

sure the USA does geopolitical policies to protect & perserve its status & existance...but that is self-preservation, that's not in the same realm as
forced conquest & the subjugation/enslavement of peoples & cultures...
nor the same as the genocides of the holocaust, the killing-fields of pol pot, the gulags of stalin, the cultural revolution in china & the slaughter of daughters when the one-child rule was forced on their population.

imho, the USA, 'SoL' even if it is a somewhat dimmer light in recent history, is still the beacon of hope in the present world...
witness all the border jumpers & mass migrations the US is experiencing
~~even as we speak.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have done a study on this too. There are many scripures in Jeremmy (bad spelling) and revelations that I think talk about the whore of babylon. To be honest I think its America. Think about it. It fits perfect in whats happening now in days. But I out be wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The more I've thought about it, one could call her that in a sense. She's the same isis the babylonians pray to. They just call her mary.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I believe the Bible is referring to London, when they were afflicted by the plague in 1665, and the city burned in 1666, as they watched from the shores.

The seven head were 7 churches that hated prostitution.

The prophecy is unfulfilled, since London remains.

new topics

top topics

join