It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinon on False Prophets and what to Beleive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I have seen this website and i am just lost at what to decide about it. What i think he says is mostly true but all on opions and has a very different interpretation about some things. The Person i am talking about is Pastor Harry and his website:

www.satansrapture.com...

This website has made me seriously re-think some things. For example, about Harry Potter. I know that some years ago the Church didnt like HP because it had to do with blasphemy or something. Well i was young at the time and dismissed it. I continued reading HP and liked it. Now when i read this site, it explained how HP is a stepping stone into accepting the Devil and the Anti Christ's Mark Of the Beast due to the sourcery involved and the magick. And its this magick that he says corrupts the youngs' minds and misleads them. he also talks alot about the Rapture and the coming of false propehts and how we are in the End Times.

So, my question is, should i take some of his stuff literally or take it as it is. At present time, i am taking most of it literlly. And its not because he is a Pastor or anything. Its just that personally, when someone preaches things that i also have thought about and substansiate their claims i tend to further drift towards beilveing them about what they say. Is this Pastor a false propeht, or is he really trying his best to help us?

I would like to see some comments regarding the website itself , its very interesting, and comments about Pastror Harry himself.

Looking forward....... Oh, and i am Catholic, but havnt taken religion very seriously unfortuantly. I am trying to get more in-tune with God and Jesus because in recent times i have disregarded them because i have turned prety apathetic about life....so yeah. Any tips about this too would be helpful (about accepting God into your life more....)

Thanks for anyone who even cares to read the crap i just wrote too! lol

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The author of that site claims that you can conjure demons and fallen angels with Harry Potter books. I bet you my left arm that he hasn't even read a single book or studied J.K. Rowling's writing techniques, because if he did, he would know that 95% of the magic used in Harry Potter was completely made up by J.K. Rowling herself.

Instead, the author of that site most likely took one glance at the Harry Potter books, saw the words witchcraft and magic, and labeled it as "Satan's tool."

J.K. Rowling is, IMHO, an amazing writer and compassionate woman. She's even written a book entitled "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," and all the profit made from that book goes to charities. Furthermore, J.K. Rowling is a self described Christian.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My take on it as an atheist is:

The guy is a LOON.

The only thing on his site that I agreed with is that Jerry Falwell was evil.

Did you see that he expects the tribulation to start this month? Only two more days for that particular deadline.

Fiction isn't evil. No matter what it is. Fiction is a story, nothing more, nothing less.

I guarantee that, even if you found a "non-fiction" book for summoning demons and tried to do so that nothing -- NOTHING -- would happen.

They used to say Dungeons & Dragons was a way to summon the devil too. I've been a gamer on & off (more off lately) since 1979 and I have yet to see a single demon. Not even an imp.

I really wouldn't worry about this kind of nonsense if I were you. It's just a way to make yourself nuts.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarheadjock

So, my question is, should i take some of his stuff literally or take it as it is. At present time, i am taking most of it literlly. And its not because he is a Pastor or anything. Its just that personally, when someone preaches things that i also have thought about and substansiate their claims i tend to further drift towards beilveing them about what they say. Is this Pastor a false propeht, or is he really trying his best to help us?

Be careful, because "cult" leaders use some of the same tactics that this guy is using. They put things in terms that others agree with and believe. Here are some other men who have taken advantage of people's willingness to believe and desire to "know the truth."

www.thestencil.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

sfgate.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

cache.eb.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 28-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
1 John 4:1-6 says,

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

So, it should definitely be tested against scripture. However 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 states (emphasis mine):

Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.

This is actually something I've been struggling with myself, having encountered several false teachers here in real life. What do we do with that teaching, or, as was written to the Thessalonians, that prophecy? We test it, and hold onto the good. This seems to indicate that there can be true and false prophesy in the same message, just as I know there can be true and false teaching in a message delivered by a pastor. Heck, looking back on what I've talked about here on ATS over the years, I now know due to a deeper knowledge of the Lord and His Word that I was speaking of scripture falsely, but not entirely.

So, if this individual's intentions are to pull people away from Christ, or are saying He is not the Lord, he's in a world of trouble and what he says should be dismissed. If, on the other hand, he's a teacher who is teaching but may not be entirely accurate in his understanding, test what he is saying and keep only the good, discarding the evil (i.e. that which is not of God).

That's how I take it, anyway. I could be wrong, test what I have written

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

So, if this individual's intentions are to pull people away from Christ, or are saying He is not the Lord, he's in a world of trouble and what he says should be dismissed.

David Koresh didn't try to pull anyone away from Christ. That's all he talked about, and no he didn't think he was Christ, he believed he was a prophet. So, I can't say that what you are saying is necessarily true.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
But David Koresh taught falsely. Had his congregation tested what he was saying against scripture instead of following a teacher, a man, they would have known his understanding was false. Intentions are important, and God knows our hearts, but just because someone is madly and deeply in love with Jesus Christ doesn't mean they're wise nor does it mean they understand all of His message to us. This is why Paul tells us to test everything.

If there is something from scripture that contradicts what I'm saying, I'd love to hear it because, as I said, this is something I'm presently studying right now. However, to use David Koresh as an example to dismiss anyone who may not teach doctrine in line with your own is a great way to put out the Spirit's fire -- you'll have decided that God will only talk to you one way, and if He tries to do so another, you'll dismiss it.

A great example of this would be the televangelist and faith healers of the 80s. There were many charlatans who were out there taking people's money and putting on a show, and many people, as a result of that corruption of the enemy, have stopped testing any healing and keeping the good, instead dismissing all of it as evil. Thus, one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit has been stifled and put out because people point to the false example as a reason not to believe in any of it, even though scripture is filled with miraculous healings and says it should still be taking place today.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

A great example of this would be the televangelist and faith healers of the 80s. There were many charlatans who were out there taking people's money and putting on a show, and many people, as a result of that corruption of the enemy, have stopped testing any healing and keeping the good, instead dismissing all of it as evil. Thus, one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit has been stifled and put out because people point to the false example as a reason not to believe in any of it, even though scripture is filled with miraculous healings and says it should still be taking place today.

Unfortunately, you are correct in that respect. I suppose that is why Jesus asked whether there would be any faith when he returned.

Intentions are important, and God knows our hearts, but just because someone is madly and deeply in love with Jesus Christ doesn't mean they're wise nor does it mean they understand all of His message to us. This is why Paul tells us to test everything.
This is also true. I suppose that is the allure of people like I just mentioned. People look at them and think, "Wow, this guy has such a great relationship with God, he can't be wrong. They don't bother to think for themself or question anything that the person is teaching."

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies guys. And thanks for the warning about how ppl say things that you like to bring you into their cult and such. I never thought about that angle, thanks for the head up there.

And i only believe this stuff to a certain degree. I want to see their claims be substansiated is all, but only time will tell......

Thanks for all of your opinions guys.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The best advice I can give you is to read the Bible for yourself. The dark ages of Christianity only existed because the priest were the only ones allowed to read what the Bible actually said. Once it was translated to a common language, and the printing press let everyone have their own copy, most of this non-sense died off. No more crusades to the holy land.

Be a skeptic and read for yourself.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
He is my take, its just a book. Jk didnt write the book to bring people to hell. She a writer not a anti christ. That guy probaby comes from a church thats says dont read fanasy it will lead you too hell.

Free will is what God wanted. If someone wants to read a book or harry potter let them. End the End its the person choice to have faith in God, and SOMETIMES or in most cases it takes alot more than a book to turn away from God.

top topics

join