It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks cool but looks fake....UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Its the first time ive seen this picture so I figured maybe others would want to see.

Found it at I-UFO.org

ufo?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
That's one weird looking pic. Almost too good to be true...

It's a Slovakian site, apparently, and the photo is the guy's first post.

Anybody here speak Slovak?

[edit on 28-6-2007 by Beamish]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
That's one weird looking pic. Almost too good to be true...

Can you find any more info?

No I was surfing for pics and seen that one and it looked cool. I had never seen it before so I figured I would let you all have a looksee.

I cant imagine its real but hey ya never know.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Just the scenic background of trees and stars is a dead giveaway. The exposure time to catch a moving object so cleanly wouldn't show stars in the sky.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
You know I just realize this ufo pic reminded me of another pic ive seen before.

Im sure it fake but it looks cool

[edit on 28-6-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
He was apparently too drunk to take more than one picture... I'm guessing fake to be honest. The story is crap, the picture is just a... something.

The colors remind me of nebula images, with some light points added.

Sidenote: The trees are strange too. He's camping, its night. It should be ALOT darker than that.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by merka]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Upon taking a close look at the image, without regard to the lighting, or whether or not stars should be visible, this is what I see in the picture....

It appears that most of the scenic background image has numerous areas where jpg comression is quite evident (lot of jpg artifacts). This is more easily spotted in areas that go from light to dark. Take a close look at area immediately surrounding the stars for example.

BUT, on the left side of the object where you would think you would also see jpg artifacts due to compression, the transition from dark to light is rather smooth, albeit a little abrupt.

On the right side ogf the "object", to me it appears that the background is bleeding through the object, possibly due to using some sort of gradient when the object was pasted onto the background, and therefor showing heavy artifacting quite like that evident around the stars and treeline.

Either way, the difference in artifacting between the object and backround causes me to think that this image is less than genuine.

Nevermind the "Adobe" tags in the exif data, as there could possibly be an explanation for that. (or so I have been told, elsewhere)

edit to add cropped image

[edit on 6/28/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
O my, the quality of fake ufos just hit a new low

A 12 yr old playing with photoshop...my spider sense telling me.
The day is not far when even your dog will fake an ufo and post it on internet to mystify us all...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Beware the flying cow-catcher!!!

gotta agree with above... apparant pic exposure time would turn this thing into a huge blur if it was real imo.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
hey guys

this is a fake

not even a good fake, I'm a graphic designer and I've used to smudge and blur tool in PS a million times, and this is definitely a PFO. (Photoshopped Flying Object)

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Sidenote: The trees are strange too. He's camping, its night. It should be ALOT darker than that.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by merka]

the image is small and poor quality. The EXIF data does not identify a camera, only Photshop 7.0. I'd need a much better image to check this, but it could be a flash photo shot around dusk.

Fake or not, if you don't have the original, unaltered image and a good chain of custody, it's evidence of nothing.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just to throw in my two cents worth, if you rotate the image 90 degrees CW and enlarge the 'UFO', the detail on it seems to be a distorted picture of a lighted suspension bridge -- or at least a picture of something.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Photoshop user here---looks like a beautiful photograph--minus the photoshop blob 'craft' ..the lighting and camera settings are perfect ... focus is perfect..but yet the 'photog' was drunk and hurried to snap it? nice pic though before it was spray painted.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would probably go with fake on this one.

I had a Pink Floyd poster in college and that pic looks like the top right hand side of it.

Looks pretty though

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
FAKE! All you need to do that is get a photo of UFO out of a movie. Then superimpose the image of a cloud ontop of it. You think use the clone brush with soft edges and clone the UFO onto an image of the night sky.

Completely fake, and no offence I'm not sure why you posted. Obviously fake. And to prove it anyone want me to MAKE a fake photo done better than this? Meh... I will anyway to finally make people realise that's it's EASY and SIMPLE to make a photo like that.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Looks sort of like a Mr. Potato Head. I'll leave it at that.....lol

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
looks kind of like a comet or an astroid crashing to earth

new topics

top topics

join