It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly Notices?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I noticed that when I get made someone's foe that I get a U2U about it, but that is not the case with my friends. Is this something I can reset myself?

If not, may I request such a function?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I was wondering about that to.

When it first started we used to get notices when someone added one to their friends list as well.

I guess maybe they figure far more people are going to add friends than foes,
so you'd be overloaded if you were U2U'd when someone added you as a friend.

Personally I'd like to have the feature come back, since I manually have to scan through
the list to see who's new, for politeness sake.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've FOE'd and then re-FRIEND'ed both of you. Any u2u's?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The Foe one, no u2u for the friend one.

This is NOT a single post!

[edit on 6/27/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

This is NOT a single post!

It sure isn't a double-post either.

I think that there would be too many u2u's generated by everyone adding to their FRIENDS list. Makes sense to me, anyway.

edit because I can.

[edit on 6/27/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
well I would say at first when they first implemented it, there was a surge but now since its not so new turning back on the friend function is kinda good..I hate just getting messages from Noobs who havent even posted anything that I've been foe'd by them LOL Friend notices would be appreciated too...maybe an option to turn on or off notification for either one would be cool in control panel options. Id just leave on friend and disable foe notification all together.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'll be your friend MajorMalfunction.

I even sent you a u2u.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I think part of the problem was the amount of "Friend" u2u's being sent. Another problem was, when someone added someone as their friend, they both knew a u2u was sent in the process. Then there was this sort of "obligation" to add that member as a friend. IMO, that kind of defeats the purpose of this social networking. Yeah, on the surface it works well, but nobody wants to add someone as a friend because they felt obligated.

I prefer not to know when someone added me, and I simply check my own list from time to time.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
M32 when I woke up and saw you'd Foe'd me, I went "What'd I do?!?"

I didn't get a friend one.

If you have a lot of friends, it gets hard to keep track of the new additions, but I see the logic of not having that function on.

Maybe I'm just lazy. Maybe my memory is getting old. Maybe I need more coffee ....

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hey PieMan should I make you my friend or would that be hypocracy - Hmmm purplexed ?

Major Mal darling, then you didn't get my message ?
Shall I make you my foe now for not replying

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Gotta give a girl a chance to actually be online to read it! LOL

I got it, thanks Sy. You got yours, too.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Hey PieMan should I make you my friend or would that be hypocracy - Hmmm purplexed ?

Major Mal darling, then you didn't get my message ?
Shall I make you my foe now for not replying

Even tho Rockpuck hates my guts and foed me I still friended him. I only have 1 foe on my list. The rest either friended me or I friended them. A few foes too.

You can friend me I am not really into that foe stuff.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Likewise I think calling someone a foe is purile. Even friends can have heated arguments. Cheers Pieman.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Foe isn't meant for people you just don't like. It's special. It's for people you may not agree with ever, and may not even like, but you respect because they make you think.

Unless you're WolfofWar, then everybody is your foe. When I first joined the board, he "foed" me and I didn't know what I could possibly have done so quickly to make someone upset. Then I saw his foe list.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, that's what the foe button is for. Except it's for your special enemies, your arch-nemeses.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
New members, new smilies, new buttons.

What's with all the new?

Are the old guys (and gals) getting a little sick of the monotony and decided to pick up the pace?

Change is here, run for the hills!

I'm sooo scared, help me.
I'm lost and vulnerable.

(trying to prove a point of how the old guys are probably more insane and unstable than the new ones)

[edit on 28-6-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
(trying to prove a point of how the old guys are probably more insane and unstable than the new ones)

Hey biggie smalls, I represent that remark you just made.

I know I'm insane, I've always been unstable, and I have doctors that can back me up on that.

I'm an old guy that's haunted the boards for a while, so now I think I'll need to go in and have my meds adjusted just to handle all the changes.

Oh Damn........
Has anyone seen my Lamotrigine ?????

And I really need a Clonazepam before I submit this post........

Stop Looking At Me...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Oh Damn........
Has anyone seen my Lamotrigine ?????

And I really need a Clonazepam before I submit this post........

I'll trade you 25 tremadol tablets for your Lamotrigine. The spasms are getting intense now that it's winter.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
MMF is my friend!

She's shown us a logical & healthy, and yet (don't kick me for this hon) a 'spiritual' side to herself.

For those things that we can't explain, and yet subscribe unto ourselves, in being yet, a total well-being with all our faculties involved.

MMF? If you could 'delete' the spiritual side of me...would I be the same individual calling you my friend?

Everything that has graced before, during, and even after my existance sums up my existance. Take one aspect out of my life...would I be the same person speaking to you right now my friend.

Here's my song to you for the night:

The Logical Song

I remembered that you liked the 'George Carlin spirituality thingy' that I showed you.

Like John Lennon said: "Life is whats happening to you while you are making other plans".

MMF...keep making others 'think and THINK properly".

Allow your other inner light to shine as well. You know you have that in you too.

Maintain a balance. Let others see the goodness as I've seen in you.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Wow, Ducks, thanks. And I know and love the Logical Song already.

But don't make the mistake of thinking just because I subscribe heavily to reason that I don't find joy in life where I can. Quantum physics in particular fills me with the kind of awe people talk about getting in church.

And I appreciate my spiritual friends putting up with the cranky cold-ridden atheist I've been of late.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Wow, Ducks, thanks. And I know and love the Logical Song already.

But don't make the mistake of thinking just because I subscribe heavily to reason that I don't find joy in life where I can. Quantum physics in particular fills me with the kind of awe people talk about getting in church.

And I appreciate my spiritual friends putting up with the cranky cold-ridden atheist I've been of late.

MMF?

I don't assume too much in my life; let alone for others.

That line of thinking can't be fair or allow room for growth that would have the ability to encompass areas that are worthy of attention in even small factions of our lives.

I remember someone asking me this question:

"What is the biggest room in the world?"

The answer is: The room for improvement

new topics

<<   2 >>

join