It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's been eerily quiet lately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
how many people think some major changes are on the way in some shape or form soon (within the year) and i mean major political, economical, military conflicts (new)

i know this is general but really i am just trying to get the "public's sentiment"

count me IN

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't say it's been quiet lately, exactly. Stuff going on all over the world.

Perhaps you are more perceptive than me, though.

So, you seem to feel a "calm before the storm"???

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think he means its been quiet in the US.

I feel the same way.

"The calm before the storm."

The news has been playing crap about Paris being in jail, Chris Benoit murder/suicide, the pregnant women murders...

I think its all foreshadowing. Something big is going on behind the scenes. We are only being lead down a certain path so we will not be shocked when the next big thing happens.

Oh, the Israelis are fighting the Palestinians again...No big surprise there. Maybe Bush wants to prepare us for an invasion of Iran.

"The Israelis need our help. Iran is funding terrorism in Palestine and we must bomb Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Saudi Arabia (not likely as that's where most of his funding comes from), Afghanistan, and Indonesia need to be destroyed because of the Islamic threat."

I could hear this snake hiss from a million miles away.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I think he means its been quiet in the US.

Not really. Haven't you heard about the Emergency broadcast in Chicago, and the blackouts in New York.
And let's not forget about the latest developements with the drones.

Okay, so maybe I'm not seeing the big picture just yet. But now that it has been brought up, I'll keep ny eyes a little more open to coming events.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I see what you mean mechanic, but it is all old news.

Been there done that.

We have already had such scares in the past.

What really freaks me out is how normal everyone seems to be behaving. I think that is what I was trying to say.

So..the news replays the bull# news over and over, meanwhile people are still dying in Darfur and Zimbabwe, South Africa, Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel.

We are being intentionally mislead by our media. And government.

What will they plan next?

I hope its nothing too bad.

I don't want to have to run to the hills to save my family and friends. We've come too far for that.

Ok, let me clarify.

The waters are being tested so when a real "fake" thread (if you catch my drift) is played out, the powers that be will know how the general public will react....

Aka "help us government, you are the only ones that can save us."

Meanwhile, FEMA detention facilities are filled up with those who asked for help or the undesirables.

I really hope its not the case. I really do.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure it's been quiet, but i agree that it feels like something big is going to happen.

There is too much in the mix regarding the economy, the war in Iraq, the North Korea and Iran problems, War on Terrorism, the Middle east and the like.

You can't put your finger on what is going to happen, because you'd need a pretty big finger.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The waters are being tested so when a real "fake" thread (if you catch my drift) is played out, the powers that be will know how the general public will react....

You're not seriously giving credence to the "False Flag" hoax thread are you?

Also, how would they know how the general public will react, if you are referring to that thread I mentioned?

ATS as conspiracy theorists, we are a minority. A growing minority, but a minority none the less, and clearly not representative of the general public.

2 cents.

edit typo

[edit on 6/27/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No I am definitely not.

There have been a lot of suspicious and nefarious deeds played out by our government recently.

Did you read Bush's continuation of governance plan? You even mentioned the Chicago message yourself and the New York blackout.

Plans are being forged as we speak. The powers that be wish to see how we will react to situation X, Y, and Z.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

No I am definitely not.
I must have misunderstood then. Probably because of this line....

The waters are being tested so when a real "fake" thread (if you catch my drift)

You even mentioned the Chicago message yourself and the New York blackout.
That was sarcasm. Notice the
and the
smiley?

Plans are being forged as we speak. The powers that be wish to see how we will react to situation X, Y, and Z.

Without a doubt, but still remains to be seen.

edit for clarity, and add additional quote from earlier post.

[edit on 6/27/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This thread is interesting and i am glad it was created. I have been having similar feelings that "something big" is around the corner.

Keep a watchful eye and take care of yourselves.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I know it does seem like that. I work in downtown Chicago, every morning it seems as if people aren't willing to make conversation. There is a "dull" atmosphere.. right smack in the middle of the city. Bad news and sublime messages are literally turning people into zombies.

I don't know if something "big" will happen anytime soon.. but most inevitably will.. as history tells us. Major "changes" usually need to happen.. in order for us to move on and try to accomplish something else. Call it a "learning experience" if you like... almost as if these "big" changes need to happen in order to further advance our evolution.

I'm sure most of you are living day by day as the common working man, paying bills, working 8+ hours a day. Eventually.. a major change is tempting in our lives, something to spice up the ordinary life of working for food on our tables.

Deep down inside, you probably DO want something big to happen, to make your life a bit more exciting. Be it good or bad, do you really want something to happen?

Honestly, I sort of do.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I wonder if it's because we've been hit by one shocker after another?

Those who've experienced (in their personal/business life etc.) relentless strain, drama, misery, etc. will understand.

You can become so anxiety-ridden that you develop what psychologists term low-grade or non-specific anxiety, which affects your mood and thoughts basically on permanent basis.

It makes you constantly anxious, even when nothing major is occurring.

Another effect is that you become afraid to be happy or to relax -- as if to do so will be to invite something bad to happen.

It's an awful cycle. If something bad doeshappen, you blame yourself for allowing yourself to relax and for taking your eye off the ball.

In it's extreme form, this condition or syndrome of non-specific, free floating anxiety -- alternating with guilt for 'causing' bad things to happen by relaxing --- can render people semi-crazy.

And isn't that what they say the 'gods' (substitute governments, etc) seek to do, as in: ' Those whom the gods would destroy, they first send mad' ?

new topics

top topics

join