It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian advance fighters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
go to:
www.aeronautics.ru...

Do you know of any other Russian fighters?
There is the T-12 and T-4MS.
Also, do you think Russia is stealing blueprints for some weapons from the U.S.?

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The Mikoyan MFI vs. the Sukhoi S-37 have been discussed here quite extensively.
The 701 hasn't but I am aware of it.
I have seen the information on the other "upgraded' versions also.

Of all the Russian fighters that I, IMHO, would be most likely to pay any heed to would be the Su-30MKI's.
I am very partial to this aircraft, though I am partial to Sukhois anyhow.
Wonderful aircraft and quite deadly, though I do not tend or lean towards over-hyping the abilities of this aircraft verses 'others'. None-the-less, the Su-30MKI is probably the best production fighter the Russian Air Force currently has in service. Again, just my opinion.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nobody
This thread is almost 20 years old, but I should point out that the USSR initiated the LFI (Lyogkiy Frontovoy Istrebitel= "Light Frontline Fighter") program in the 1980s develop a lightweight jet fighter with respectable air-to-ground capabilities as a long-term replacement for the MiG-29 and a number of Soviet fighter-bombers. The Mikoyan-Gurevich OKB submitted the izdeliye 4.12, while Yakovlev submitted the Yak-43 derivative of the Yak-41 (aka Yak-141) supersonic VTOL jet fighter, but the LFI program was axed in the early 1990s to save money for the MFI program that got as far as the MiG izdeliye 1.44 tech demonstrator for MiG's izdeliye 1.42 jet fighter project.

The Sukhoi T-12 was designed for ground attack, while the T-4MS was a strategic bomber submitted to the VVS competition for a supersonic strategic bomber won by the Tupolev Tu-160.

Link:
www.secretprojects.co.uk...
www.testpilot.ru...
www.secretprojects.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Potlatch

wtf is up with the thread necromancy?!

The LFI is a dead project. The Mig 1.44 is VERY dead and was not even a 5th gen. The Su-47 was a forward swept demonstrator and led...nowhere. The SR-10 was a forward swept trainer and...it died, too.

The Su-57 is the 'premier' Russian '5th' gen (if that) and the Su-75 is supposed to be what the LFI was going to be. Supposedly, there is a Mig-41 interceptor, 5th or 6th gen, but I doubt the Russians can even field the Su-75, nvm, the Mig-41.

The Russo-Ukrainian war is draining the coffers and savaging their military.

Please, there have been a LOT of threads more recent than the 20 year old ones. They are far more up to date and have plenty of new info. Pay attention to those instead of the ones long dead.

In addition, iirc, linking to other discussion boards is verboten. As I found out, alas.

new topics

top topics

join