It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Steven Greer in Montreal on august 9th, 2007

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ETDisclosure

Agreed, the suppressed technologies will inevitably come out; it's just a question of how much war and mayhem and disaster we have to go through first. But eventually the pressure to release the techs will become overwhelming.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In defense of Mr. Greer...........
His life has been threatened more than once. I know some reliable and highly educated people who went with him to Mexico. They witnessed Unidentified Flying Objects, along with Mr. Greer. Cameras are useless because when a craft was anywhere near them...... Their cameras Would Not work.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
His life has been threatened more than once.

Could we please see the links to the police report? If he felt that his life was threatened, then surely he reported this to the police?

I know some reliable and highly educated people who went with him to Mexico. They witnessed Unidentified Flying Objects, along with Mr. Greer. Cameras are useless because when a craft was anywhere near them...... Their cameras Would Not work.

We're over that excuse. He has to come up with something to prove his claims. Anything...?

But, to follow standard procedure, we could ask the typical run-of-the-mill questions, such as what type of UFOs? How many? Distance, direction, etc, etc... Nothing concrete, except for the moth pictures.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul

You should repent and put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.

Why all this talk about "God" and "Jesus"? It got nothing to do with Dr. Steven Greer, aliens or this thread. It seems like you just want to argue and I think you should respect people who doesn't share your believes and don't try to convert them, you should get a warning for this behavior.

And on topic, if anyone could get a video from this event I would like to see it.

It has everything to do with God and Jesus. First if you had read Greer's book, he claims to be in communion with God as well as the aliens. This gives him the supposed power to levitate and call down the alien craft, etc. Greer's recent work is filled with essentially religious doctrine, borrowed from Hinduism.

My claim, based on his testimony, is that Greer worships a counterfeit god and the aliens are actually demonic spirits. In fact most of Greers alien encounters and in fact most peoples UFO experiences are nearly identitical to encounters with demonic spirits. Moreover so called aliens from UFOs have been rebuked and sent away by invoking the name of Jesus. There are 50 or so such accounts here,
www.alienresistance.org...
One might also look at the demon spirit Lam that the famed occultist Alleister Crowley summoned. From his drawings, it appears Lam looks like a classic gray alien. This was long before Roswell I might add.
www.boudillion.com...

My basic dispute with Greer is not his disclosure project work, which I think is potentially a good thing, but rather his uncritical adoration and acceptance of the alien spirits that he communes with. Deception abounds on this world and no attempt at discernment of these 'aliens' was ever made by Greer. There is plenty of other testimony that shows so called aliens lying at will to us poor humans.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
My basic dispute with Greer is not his disclosure project work, which I think is potentially a good thing, but rather his uncritical adoration and acceptance of the alien spirits that he communes with. Deception abounds on this world and no attempt at discernment of these 'aliens' was ever made by Greer. There is plenty of other testimony that shows so called aliens lying at will to us poor humans.

Exactly what is your point?

Humans lie to humans, so what's the big deal if aliens do it? I have a sure feeling that I am being lied to when I read some posts in this thread, lucky I choose to ignore them.

I feel a little left out, with no Cult of my own to join. I want to take a side, but I'd rather sit on the fence and watch Cult Jesus battle Cult Greer.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
In defense of Mr. Greer...........
His life has been threatened more than once. I know some reliable and highly educated people who went with him to Mexico. They witnessed Unidentified Flying Objects, along with Mr. Greer. Cameras are useless because when a craft was anywhere near them...... Their cameras Would Not work.

He SAYS his life has been threatened more than once. You simply believe him. You don't know. Were you in the room when the Men in Black showed up and said, "If you don't stop this we will kill you!" (or whatever) No, you weren't. He SAYS he was accosted by men with assault rifles when UFOs showed up and they were compelled to put down their weapons and play guitars. Were you there? Did you see this? No, you weren't there. You simply believe him. That's really not much of a defense because you don't have anything original to add; you simply parrot what Greer has said with second and third hand information. In a court of law, that's hearsay. It doesn't count.

It's the same with our Jesus friend now on this thread (stuck in edit, forget his name) He SAYS Jesus SAID "X" because he read it in the Bible. That's even further afield. Even if it's in red letters, scholars suggest Jesus didn't SAY 3/4 of what is attributed to him. (See, for example: The Five Gospels; what did Jesus really say? the search for the authentic words of Jesus by Robert W. Funk, et al. San Francisco: HarperCollins, 1993, 553pp.)

BOTH of you take what you believe on FAITH. In the case of Jesus, scholars such as Albert Schweitzer (and you thought he was just a jungle doctor!) suggest not only do we NOT know the truth about Jesus, we CAN'T know. It's impossible, therefore you MUST take the story on faith. In the case of Greer, proof is elusive. Your proof is lights in the sky that CHANGE DIRECTION! Wow! I would suggest astrology and palm reading are more exact sciences. Lights in the sky prove nothing.

In BOTH cases you have a charismatic guy telling you what to believe and what the truth is. In BOTH cases you accept the truth on faith. In BOTH cases truth is elusive, so you'll seize on anything at all. Some of you actually believe Mothra is real. That tells me that you are so sensitized to this belief system that you will believe literally anything you are told by the Leader. Where does that lead? Right to Heaven's Gate, which is where you want to wind up, of course. Hopefully, you'll get there naturally without any helpful Kool Aid.

I welcome a Cult Greer versus Cult Jesus debate. I wonder if proponents of either side will be introspective enough to learn anything about their own beliefs and how they appear to others. Unfortunately, I doubt it.

As to the cameras not working when UFOs are near, how utterly and completely convenient!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Those so called scholars who have attempted to redact Jesus words or employ higher textual criticism have been debunked, oftentimes by archeology itself. The 24000 new testament manuscripts in use are largely in agreement and there are certainly no doctrinal differences. In fact the New Testament is far and away the best documented and accurate ancient historical text.

Moreover the supernatural or divine origin of scriptures has considerable supporting evidence. This site has a few good ones,
www.gospeloutreach.net...

Now back to topic. It is unfortunate that the Greer camp can not produce photographs of the ufos that he calls down. Perhaps this is because the ships are a form of mass hallucination. That is something that a powerful group of evil spirits could cause and is in fact consistent with a fallen angel interpretation of Greer's experiences.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Relax, SevenThunders! Greer only communicates with moths and owls. No extraterrestrials nor any fallen angels or demons. Just insects and birds.

Read the other Greer related threads which expose the man as a hoaxer.

You can put down your crucifix and have a beer!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Moreover the supernatural or divine origin of scriptures has considerable supporting evidence.

You have a right to your beliefs and I will not criticize you personally for having them. I respect your right to believe as you wish.

However, Christianity as a whole has done a great deal of harm to the world. Some sects have matured into a more benign belief system. Fundamentalism, on the other hand, has not grown up. The scholars have hardly been debunked. In fact, were you to visit nearly any seminary in the land you would find the consensus of opinion is that Jesus was a charismatic guy with a cause: Not divine, not supernatural, not born of a virgin, not ascended--just a guy with a cause which caught on for very political reasons well after his death.

My on-topic point about this is that Christianity is simply a grown-up and successful cult that has 'earned' the right to be called a religion by its success, but now with many splinter groups that have taken on a cult-like status themselves. It is fundamentally no different than Cult Greer, which is very much smaller, but driven by the same basic issues as the original Christianity was 2000 years ago. They may not have had space ships back then, or ETs, so they used demons and the devil.

Same-same. Same belief structure. Same inherent INABILITY to see beyond a narrow belief structure to a rational look at what those beliefs are and how they relate to the physical world. People steeped in these belief structures become mesmerized to the point that it is worthless talking to them. They may as well wear little tape recorders around their necks (kind of like wearing a little cross) so that when thay are questioned about their beliefs they can just push "Play" No rational thought required.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I like the religious arguments, I agree about the inability to really pinpoint the historical jesus from everything I've read and I think the phenomenom of Christianity is a good bench mark in some ways when discussing UFO's and the reliability of proof to non believers who are hardcore Christian. Visa vie people are willing to believe something from thousands of years ago, written at least 60 years after the guy died by biased believers yet they won't believe hundreds of unbiased military people and legit gov docs about UFO's, where is the logic? Faith doesn't have logic.

I haven't seen the James Cameron doc about Jesus, but it sounds pretty interesting although like many theories, there are some holes. I personally am not 'Christian' but I do like everything that the Jesus depicted in the gospels stands for, so I'm definately a Jesus fan, just not 'officially' on the team since the human interpretations appear abitrary to me.

I agree Christianity caught on for political reasons in Rome, no doubt about that. If you have 'faith' perhaps you believe the political environment was brought about by a higher power and was supposed to happen that way, but that's certainly about 'faith' and not related to history in terms of causal relationships.

I am attracted to the overall picture Greer paints (minus mothra!), where the aliens are friendly and there are technologies that will level the playing field of humans. This picture is more appealing then not knowing what's going on or being scarred of grey's performing root canals on you at 2 am for no reason then to scare the crap out of you!

But, at some point, you gotta deliver some more nuggets of proof outside of DP for free to those who aren't willing to pay $800 and the plane fare to chill in the desert for some yoga. If I was rich, I would probably pay it because I dig meditation and never been to the desert, but I don't think I could justify $1,000 to my wife right now!

I'm not sure Greer is a bad guy with bad intentions trying to make a fortune and I'm not sure he is a great guy trying to save the world either. I just don't know. He could be the most guilable naturally bad exagerating PR person of all time, or he could be creating a niche career in a field he likes and can make a living in by exagerating his story or even somehow conning people. I don't think he's making massive bank on his vectoring parties, but he could be supporting his family with it. Is making $200,000 a year worth having the world think your crazy? I doubt he is making more than that from his work, particulary since that would move up the tax bracket and he's an independent contractor etc......

My horribly ineffective intuition feels there are elements of truth to his story which resulted in him having the ability to organize the DP, but I also think his personality type likes to exagerate and is very guilable, so his words are to be taken with a grain of salt, like an overly excited and optimistic/ ambitious little brother.

I think until he provides more concrete evidence to the public regarding either the free energy development or his ability to vector in UFO's, that his words are just words, and even those unsubstantiated words are becoming less and less important to the UFO movement........

If he continues talking the same stuff for the next few years without proof to the public, what's the point of continuing to even pay attention?

Why didn't they say 'officially' a long time ago that it's hard to take pictures of UFO's before posting mothra? They didn't. I'm sure it is hard to take a picture of a UFO, particulary if there is a large distance and unknown materials and energies involved, but why pretend to have all this evidence and then show us a piece of dust as an energy orb? That's some bogus new age wannabe believer arizona crystal patchouli oil talk!

I will see Greer in September at the X conference and make sure to report back here to the ats crew.

word up.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rocketsauce

Hi rocket,

honestly, i like your post, even with me personally being disgusted by greer. But take the time to look beyond the happy happy thought ufo parties, take a look at the ugly side of greer, look at exploiting a cancer death of one of his employees for his agenda, the mt. blanca gas attack, the amusing little salla vs. greer episode. This is not exagerating a story and it shows, that he is not simply gullible, but fully responsible for his actions.

And if you like meditation, there are far better sources and teachers outthere

Anyway, wish you lots of fun at x-con.....arr, i'd just attend to see, if kimball would get close to greer

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Phil J. Fry]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Jesus vs. Greer?

Apples vs. Oranges?

There is considerable doubt that Jesus even existed at all.

Whereas, I am pretty sure that Greer exists! I've seen photographs and video footage of him!

My vote: Jesus did not exist. 99.9999% sure that Greer exists though!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

There is considerable doubt that Jesus even existed at all.

But he talked to the other g-prophet, so he must have existed, otherwise we would have caught another lie, wouldn't we ?

Quoted from eceti.org

Jesus was the first to appear to him in dreams and meditations..... James felt that any friend of Jesus is a friend of his,

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phil J. Fry

Just because Gilliland believes in Jesus doesn't mean we have to, and in the conference video he even says "I'm not your Guru".

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

He doesn't talk about belief, but of KNOWLEDGE, he talked to the big J, remember ? So, where does that leave us ? Either gilliland is a liar or you are wrong with being sure, that jesus didn't exist, right ?
Don't know, how you get the connection to the guru stuff.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

He doesn't talk about belief, but of KNOWLEDGE, he talked to the big J, remember ? So, where does that leave us ? Either gilliland is a liar or you are wrong with being sure, that jesus didn't exist, right?

And your point is.... what, exactly?

Either Jesus existed, or he didn't.... what's your point?

Or are you just fishing for more trite and trivial reasons to call Gilliland a liar, deceiver, hoaxer etc?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Or are you just fishing for more trite and trivial reasons to call Gilliland a liar, deceiver, hoaxer etc?

You can only call it how it is.

It all comes down to blu-tac and ball bearings for me.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

What do blue-tac and ball bearings have to do with STEVEN GREER, tezzajw?

For that matter, what does Gilliland having visions of Jesus have to do with STEVEN GREER? (The actual topic of the thread.)

Why is Fry taking cheap shots at Gilliland in a thread about STEVEN GREER? Maybe because he gets off on taking cheap shots at Gilliland?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rocketsauce

Christianity has a lot of supporting evidence. Far more than any UFO cult. Archeology, fulfilled prophecy, even modern miracles attest to the truth of the Bible and the basic teachings of the gospel. In fact almost everyday we have a glaring example of the truth of the Bible screaming from our TV and newspapers. The very existence of Israel. As prophesied thousands of years ago the nation of Israel would be reborn in the last days. It can never be destroyed no matter how much the UN and the muslims would like to.

As for Greers theology it lacks evidence and is based on the testimony of one man. Even worse there is a lot of UFO encounters that are decidely negative. Are they all ploys of the shadow government? Are we to assume that it's impossible for an ET to have hostile intentions? This is the whole component of the Greer theology that takes a huge unsupported leap of faith.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You're right Schuyler I wasn't there and its not Mr. Greer who I believe, but another person. As you say, that's hearsay and doesn't count. So..... nuff said.

I believe an ET is capable of having hostile intentions seventhunders. They could at anytime wipe us out, in the blink of an eye. Contrary to what Schuyler assumed... I'm not gullible! I do not believe 'the Aliens' want to help *all of us poor earthlings* to have free electrical power either, without some kind of payback.

Sorry Tezzajw I can't show you any links to a police report. You would think Mr. Greer should have reported threats on his life. But who can you trust? I do know the group had to have Mexican Guards accompany them on their journey for protection and communications. That's a rough area and tourists are targets of being robbed or worse. I know my friend did not have a gun, but the Mexican Guards did. My friend did attempt to photograph a Triangular Shaped UFO directly above their heads. The camera would not work. There have been many reports of electronics shutting down, during UFO encounters. It's happened to us several times here and not just cameras, but that's another story.

I'm not a follower of Steven Greer, but I do know we're not alone in the universe. I wouldn't go as far to worship them either. If that's what some are claiming the Greer groups are doing. Fact is, we do not know *The ET's* full intentions. I DO know a moth couldn't shut down your electrical equipment.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join