It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Steven Greer in Montreal on august 9th, 2007

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
You want to see a full list of witnesses? ASK THEM for it. Sitting around and complaining that they claim it but don't produce it, accomplishes NOTHING.

It's their show. It's their reputation. I'm not trying to 'accomplish' anything. That's like asking me to buy a car before knowing what the issues are. They're in charge. Their reputation has gone from hopeful in 2001 to, well, let's just say a lot less credible.

I'm the buyer. I'm interested. I'm the client, the candidate, the mark. I responded to the ad, the press conference, the announcement. You want to convert this interest into a sale and get me into the tent, you gotta show me something good. You sold the sizzle; now let's see the steak. You say this car gets 500 mpg on soy beans, but I'm looking at the specifications and it doesn't say anything about that. So show me. Let's put some soy bean oil in there and see how she runs BEFORE I buy it. Sounds good; I like the idea. A vegetarian car. Locally produced fuel. No war required. Cool. I've got my checkbook right here, ready to write, ready to sign on the dotted line. Now let's drive her around the block and see if she runs.

Don't be coy. Don't be shy. Show me the 500. Show me the 5,000. Let me breathe in that french fry exhaust. If it works, I'll buy two!

[edit on 8/15/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETDisclosure

I have absolutely nothing to prove to you nor does CSETI.

OK.

It is your task to
get the information you need to solve your own issues.

Uh, who started this thread and promised a report? Not my issue ETDis'. Yours.

You have been given the tools to do it, but you would rather rant night long and cry like a 3 years old kid.

What tools? To do whose task? LOL. You can claim "rant"... I can claim "right".

I have what I needed, I shared what I found. You do whatever you want with the information I provided, I couldn't care less.

OK. "You couldn't care less." - Your words. What information? That "off-the-shelf" baffle-gab? Information my foot.

For other people, I hope this motivate you to go out, once in a while and attempt contact.

At least "look up" once in a while.

You are perfectly right, I don't care to prove anything. I have what I need for myself now. Why would I care about some arrogant poster on these forums. You haven't shown a single bit of respect towards me.

ETD

Fine. No problem. Nothing to prove. Move along. Which you are you referring to? The one that doesn't care? Or the "other" one? The one with the months long thread promoting the Montreal event from which you have little to nothing to report? OK.

Vic

[edit on 15-8-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
I hope Lalanc ET e is getting paid well for all this promotion and organisation he's doing for the Greer machine!

There were 4 volunteers there, including Richard. This must be disappointing for you Torsion? That they don't get paid for this kind of support?

Why would it disappoint me, Richard? Surely the people who paid out $500 and saw two pin-points of light in the sky were the disappointed ones! So what about the claim of the training having "reached the expectations and beyond"? What do you mean by that, exactly?

I take it there were no worrying incidents during the training. You didn't get attacked by guitar-weilding assassins, or strafed by military jets letting rip with scalar weapons?

I'm really disappointed that your camera malfunctioned at the critical moment! Damn shame, but a fine example of your attitude of denying ignorance!

When are you going to start the next Greer/CSETI marketing thread? Will it be for the Mount Shasta event? September, is it? Will you be there, too, lugging the generators and camping equipment up the mountain trail? (Try asking Greer to levitate all the gear to the location, particulary as he isn't even paying for your labour!)

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
I'm really disappointed that your camera malfunctioned at the critical moment! Damn shame, but a fine example of your attitude of denying ignorance!

I should have known better. Going with a show box camera, did not work too well. Live and Learn I guess...
I did try though, but that should teach me to listen to moderators with their great ideas

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Joking appart, I was meditating the whole time, and My gear totally blows so I don't have pictures of these things.

You attend a UFO vector party and you don't bother to take a good, working, charged camera with you?

Ok... that makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Part six

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Anyone who produces photos/videos on the trainings have to make copies for CSETI, and they have to get permission from CSETI before they use or distribute them.

Right. So Cult Greer (operating under the guise of the Disclosure Project) acts to suppress and contain all information. That's a typical ANTI-Disclosure ploy that even the NWO.MIL.MIC would be proud to hatch.

Seriously, if the contradiction in terms is not obvious to you, then I don't know what else could be.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I shared everything I had to share with these forums.

Which was nothing but a story about a couple of high altitude lights.

We were in presence of intelligent animated object, from unknown origin this weekend. As simple as that.

How could you determine that a light in the sky (that was travelling at the speed of a plane) was of unknown origin?

I look at lights in the sky and wonder what they are. I don't wonder where they come from. Sure, I've seen lights in the sky. Technically, they were UFOs, but to me they were just lights in the sky.

[I'm no photographic expert, so does anyone know how much a good camera kit would cost to take decent tripod pictures of the night sky? ETDisclosure doesn't have the money for a good camera set-up, but he had money to afford the training. I'm interested to know how much he would have needed to save to capture his high altitude lights either on film or as digital pictures.]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I'm no photographic expert, so does anyone know how much a good camera kit would cost to take decent tripod pictures of the night sky? ETDisclosure doesn't have the money for a good camera set-up, but he had money to afford the training. I'm interested to know how much he would have needed to save to capture his high altitude lights either on film or as digital pictures.

My Canon A-1 is a perfectly good 35mm FILM camera that has now been superceded by newer film and digital cameras. At the time, the A-1 was the top of the line Canon, big brother to the very popular AE-1. Although originally the setup was over $1000, you can now get a perfectly good used A-1 for $US 50-70 on Ebay. A modest telephoto lens (< 300mm) that fits it is another $50. A perfectly good new tripod is about $40.

I am a fan of film for UFO photography because it would be easier to verify the legitimacy if you did get a shot. Leave the film in the camera, take it to a bonded developer--you get the picture (ha ha). There is nothing second rate about the set up described above, unless you sneer at older film cameras. I have upgraded to Nikon Digital for most stuff, but these old Canons are rugged good cameras, the likes of which you will never see made again.

I have found also that a job can be a pretty good cure for lack of money woes. Works every time. I've had plenty of McJobs in my time, too. Surprisingly, they worked, too. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
you can now get a perfectly good used A-1 for $US 50-70 on Ebay. A modest telephoto lens (< 300mm) that fits it is another $50. A perfectly good new tripod is about $40.

A good camera set-up, second-hand on eBay = $300 tops.
Admission to Cult Greer's vector party = $500

Hmmmm... thanks for the information, Schuyler. It seems to me that the numbers don't stack up well for the "can't afford it" argument.

ETDisclosure, if the vector party that you went to had instead cost $800, would you have paid the admission price? What does an extra $300 matter, when you could have captured an important piece of exo-political, diplomatic history on film, hey?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

You want to see a full list of witnesses? ASK THEM for it. Sitting around and complaining that they claim it but don't produce it, accomplishes NOTHING.

It's their show. It's their reputation. I'm not trying to 'accomplish' anything.
Don't be coy. Don't be shy. Show me the 500. Show me the 5,000. Let me breathe in that french fry exhaust. If it works, I'll buy two!
[edit on 8/15/2007 by schuyler]

More passivity. More apathy. More inaction.

Sorry, not respecting it, even though your friends seem to.

Still not seeing the wisdom in making demands of people who aren't even watching/listening.

How can you get your demands met when you refuse to verbalise them to the people you are demanding things of?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Anyone who produces photos/videos on the trainings have to make copies for CSETI, and they have to get permission from CSETI before they use or distribute them.

Right. So Cult Greer (operating under the guise of the Disclosure Project) acts to suppress and contain all information. That's a typical ANTI-Disclosure ploy that even the NWO.MIL.MIC would be proud to hatch.

Seriously, if the contradiction in terms is not obvious to you, then I don't know what else could be.

This has been explained already, many times.

It is not that Greer suppresses the material; it is that he retains legal and creative control over it so that he can control who gets to have it, and who gets to use it and for what purposes etc.

It is, after all, his life's work. Why wouldn't he want to retain legal control over it? Wouldn't you want to keep legal control over your own life's work? If you were a photographer or cinematographer, wouldn't you copyright all your material and take steps to prevent it from being pirated or otherwise misused?

Just because he isn't willing to make digital copies of his footage available for free in the public domain, doesn't mean he isn't willing to SHOW it to people....... think about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

It is not that Greer suppresses the material; it is that he retains legal and creative control over it so that he can control who gets to have it, and who gets to use it and for what purposes etc.

Huh? He doesn't suppress material, but he controls it? How is controlling what is released any different from suppressing it? Controlling is selective suppression.

Anyway, how can Leader Greer control the videos that two of the neophytes captured? Was Leader Greer behind the camera lens? ETDisclosure stated that two members of the Cult took some video footage of high altitude lights. That footage should be the copyright of the neophyte members and not that of Leader Greer. Unless Leader Greer was behind the camera, what legal right does he have to access the images that someone else took with their own cameras?

At least those two neophytes managed to have the sense to take the videos. However, I'm probably jumping the gun here, as we haven't seen the videos, so for now, they exist in the realm of fantasy.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, as I wouldn't mind seeing the 'high altitude' lights in the sky that surpassed the lofty expectations of the vector party.

Wow, lights in the sky... did they move linearly, flashing on and off, spelling the name 'Steven' in Morse Code, as they drifted across the sky?

[edit on 16-8-2007 by tezzajw]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Hmmm. OK. So it "is" about Greer according to the Mrd'. "Greer and his control" over some sort of "truth" which has yet to be produced... sounds like a data-nazi to me. Perhaps a data-terrorist. Truth as hostage? Acolytes as data-surf-slaves to the rythmn of one; him... ever hear of a place called Penamunde?

So does Greer suppress the truth to control "it" or just supresses his followers with contractual legal obligations to control "them"? Or is he just another schister? Very spiritually-enlightening. LOL.

Sounds like supression of information to me... no matter what direction the "spin". No genius required. 3 Card Monty anyone? LOL.
Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 16-8-2007 by V Kaminski]

admin edit: Removed non ATS quality, semi violent content,

[edit on 8-16-2007 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Huh? He doesn't suppress material, but he controls it? How is controlling what is released any different from suppressing it? Controlling is selective suppression.

Again, since when is Greer obligated to give digital copies of his material away for free on the internet? Instead of having it edited into a film like UFO: Greatest Story for example?

Why should Greer allow people to make $$$ from his trainings, by turning around and selling their photos/footage for profit?

Anyway, how can Leader Greer control the videos that two of the neophytes captured? Was Leader Greer behind the camera lens? ETDisclosure stated that two members of the Cult took some video footage of high altitude lights. That footage should be the copyright of the neophyte members and not that of Leader Greer. Unless Leader Greer was behind the camera, what legal right does he have to access the images that someone else took with their own cameras?

Again, this has already been explained!

People are obligated by the NDA to make copies of their photos/footage for CSETI, and they have to get written permission from CSETI to use or distribute it.

Now, does everyone follow the rules? Probably not. A lot of the photos/footage on the internet are probably from CSETI expeditions, they just don't have a "CSETI" tag on them.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Again, since when is Greer obligated to give digital copies of his material away for free on the internet? Instead of having it edited into a film like UFO: Greatest Story for example?

Why should Greer allow people to make $$$ from his trainings, by turning around and selling their photos/footage for profit?

Mrd, we are probably in presence of kids that will pirate every single movie they can get their hands on, without any kind of support to the people doing all this work. So, don't expect any other reaction from them...
I believe they haven't fully grasped the idea behind a Non-profit organization.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Let's suppose that Greer really is experiencing all these ET contacts as he claims. On what basis would you just assume that your wonderful ET experiences imply that the aliens are in fact all good and just want the best for mankind? If I open my trusty Bible, it warns me to test the spirits (and these ET s behave no differently from spirits). The warning is there because the devil has the power to masquerade as an angel of light. Greers uncritical acceptance of the ETs as a benign and wonderful influence on mankind is suspect at best.

Again making the big assumption that Greer is not just another money hungry charlatan, Greer has now positioned himself as an agent for these alien powers, be they extraterrestrial or terrestrial or perhaps a product of an overactive imagination. The disclosure project, as a noble idea as that might be, must be viewed as a creation of the entities that Greer serves. What is their motive? I can assure you, based on Greers hostility towards christianity, that Greers ET.s fail the Biblical test, otherwise they would acknowledge that Jesus came in the flesh, died and rose again on the third day.

If Greer really is doing things like levitating, astral projecting and communing with UFOs, he must actually be communing with demons or their children, the Nephilim. That makes his disclosure project and the Aero project a potential trap for human souls. I would tread cautiously.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by SevenThunders]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
If I open my trusty Bible, it warns me to test the spirits...

I can assure you, based on Greers hostility towards christianity, that Greers ET.s fail the Biblical test, otherwise they would acknowledge that Jesus came in the flesh, died and rose again on the third day.

Wow, there's another take on Cult Greer, from the viewpoint of the controlling fictional book.

Now, how will Cult Greer respond to being attacked by the book of fiction?

Far out, I'll stick around to see who might win this battle, the charlatan Cult or the fictional book? One new-age, lightweight controlling Cult (out for profit) vs an historical, heavyweight controlling Cult (out for profit and total world domination).

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

If I open my trusty Bible, it warns me to test the spirits...

I can assure you, based on Greers hostility towards christianity, that Greers ET.s fail the Biblical test, otherwise they would acknowledge that Jesus came in the flesh, died and rose again on the third day.

Wow, there's another take on Cult Greer, from the viewpoint of the controlling fictional book.

Now, how will Cult Greer respond to being attacked by the book of fiction?

Far out, I'll stick around to see who might win this battle, the charlatan Cult or the fictional book? One new-age, lightweight controlling Cult (out for profit) vs an historical, heavyweight controlling Cult (out for profit and total world domination).

The only problem is that your cult of atheism has a bad history. Between Stalin and Mao you've got 200 million or so nonbelievers slaughtered. The core philosophies of your cult, scientific atheism are proven wrong every 50 years or so as the whims of science change. The Bible on the other hand is well supported both by archeology and prophecy, which reveals it's supernatural origin.
www.gospeloutreach.net...

The real amazing component of the atheism faith is the belief that the incredible complexity of life is just all one big accident. That takes a true believer!
www.gospeloutreach.net...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The only problem is that your cult of atheism has a bad history. Between Stalin and Mao you've got 200 million or so nonbelievers slaughtered.

Stick to the thread, Seven Thunders and don't label me as being part of a Cult. You'll be mindful to note the terms and conditions of this website. Attack my ideas, without trying to attack me - it's far more civil that way.

When did I ever mention that I was a part of an atheist Cult? When did I ever mention that I approve of 200 million deaths?

The core philosophies of your cult, scientific atheism are proven wrong every 50 years or so as the whims of science change. The Bible on the other hand is well supported both by archeology and prophecy, which reveals it's supernatural origin.

My Cult? Again, when did I say that I was a member of the atheist Cult? By the way, how can atheists even belong to a Cult, when they essentially believe in nothing other than their current life? Every fifty years? From where did you pluck that figure?

The Bible is a work of fiction, in my opinion, and I treat it as such. I have no more respect for it than I do reading the liner notes for the latest CD that I bought.

The real amazing component of the atheism faith is the belief that the incredible complexity of life is just all one big accident. That takes a true believer!

Wow? Really? So, you've summed up the beliefs of everyone who happens to call themself an atheist just like that. There's more shades of grey to not believing in god and fictional books. Don't presume to know what I think or believe.

Now, back to the topic of Cult Greer vs Cult Christ.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join