It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I once knew God personally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I once knew God personally.

When I was a child he lived very closeby to me. Yes God had a physical form. I didn't realize how extremely fortunate I was; I was only a kid, I didn't know then that its very unusual to know God on an everyday basis.

A lot of people believe that God is stern and judgmental but I never saw any indication of that; I never saw God smite anyone, or even say an unkind word.

God was always trying to teach me stuff but I was kind of a bouncy kid--what they call hyperactive these days--and so God kept the lessons short, we spent most of our time together playing, rolling around in the grass and watching bugs go about their business and just laughing a lot. We had so much fun together.

Then one day without warning God moved away, no one knew where; there was no forwarding address. I just woke up one morning and God was gone. I was heartbroken and I cried and cried and couldn't stop.

After that life seemed less vibrant. I kept hoping God would come back and I would search everywhere and ask everyone if they'd seen God around, but no one knew even what I was talking about.

Then one day someone told me "God is dead" and this made me incredibly depressed for years and years. I did everything I could to not think about it to no avail. But I stopped searching because what was the point if God was dead.

Many years later I told my sad tale of losing my friend God to somebody, and they said "You've got it all backwards as usual, its that rumormonger Nietzsche that started spreading that story. But God isn't dead, its Nietzsche thats dead." I was SO happy to hear this, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry or jump up and down so I did all three.

Then I started searching for God again but the trail had gone quite cold. I was determined though and sometimes I'd hear that God had passed through a town awhile before, and a few times I met people who I could tell had seen God or even been touched by God, its very obvious when you meet a person like that, if you know what to look for.

And then someone told me that God can take any form and sometimes God takes a little break and hangs out for awhile in a tree or even a rock, because its tough job being God, God gets blamed for a lot of stuff that is totally caused by people, you know free will and all. But God is always there for everyone and will get in touch with anyone who desires such, you just need to know how to ask and more importantly how to listen. Even people who don't believe in God, although thats tricky since they're not likely to ask God to contact them.

And God is always helping out here and there 24/7, can you imagine what a tough job that is. And most people don't even take notice.

So now I try to help out where I can, just on the little jobs of course, I figure that way maybe it will free up a little of God's time & maybe then we could have a visit here and there. I know I can't expect to monopolize God's time like before and now I understand how unbelievably lucky I was, what did I ever do to deserve to spend so much quality time with God?

So why I am telling you all this? Well, I figure maybe someone or even a few people would like to help out God too with the little jobs, I know you all know what I'm talking about, just help people out where you can and don't expect anything back, thats what God does and boy are we lucky because if God expected to get a fair return for everything we'd all be screwed, just look around at all the awful things people do and you'll know thats not God's work.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
God smites my foes.

booyakasha.
we be ziplock.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
your story makes no sense to me. I know your saying this is "true", but it sounds fiction and is written as if it is fictional. Its completly confusing and flat out makes no lasting point.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nisurastar
your story makes no sense to me. I know your saying this is "true", but it sounds fiction and is written as if it is fictional. Its completly confusing and flat out makes no lasting point.

Sorry to hear that.

Maybe at a later time it will make sense to you.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Many years later I told my sad tale of losing my friend God to somebody, and they said "You've got it all backwards as usual, its that rumormonger Nietzsche that started spreading that story. But God isn't dead, its Nietzsche thats dead." I was SO happy to hear this, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry or jump up and down so I did all three.

Well, while it is true that Nietzsche did say that "God is dead," but people are awfully confused as to what he was actually saying. He was basically stating that as far as society is concerned, "God is dead." Look at society right now and tell me that he didn't have a point. :shk:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I understand that now, but I used to think it was meant literally.

He certainly did have a point. [edit: added this]

Thanks for your reply.

[edit on 6/28/0707 by ephemeral]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The way you closed your post reminded me of Hebrews 13:2:

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

While God doesn't need our help, He does ask us for it. There's a Casting Crowns song that encapsulates it quite well with the following lyrics:

How refreshing to know you don't need me, how amazing to find that you want me

It goes on in a similar light as your post, in saying,

So I'll stand on your truth and I'll fight with your strength until you win the victory by the power of Christ in me

That's an amazing experience you had as a child, and I'm glad to hear that He used it to bring you to know Him now, and I'm sure He will continue to show you how that experience as a child can be used to point yourself and others to Him through your future.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Hebrews 13:2:

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

I like that scriptural quote very much. In modern lingo, the cliche bumper sticker, "What would Jesus do?" sums it up for me.

To become closer to God, we need to strive to be more like God. Obviously we'll never get all the way there, while we're here on earth, but we can try.

That's an amazing experience you had as a child, and I'm glad to hear that He used it to bring you to know Him now, and I'm sure He will continue to show you how that experience as a child can be used to point yourself and others to Him through your future.

Truly, it is my rock.

I'll have to look for Casting Crowns next time at Borders. [edit: added this; have to slow down on hitting the Post button]

[edit on 6/28/0707 by ephemeral]

top topics

join