It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Rioting over fuel rationing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Iranina government made a sudden, abrupt decision today without warning its citizens that it weas going to start rationing gasoline. Riots are breaking out and gas stations being set ablaze.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Self inflicted injury. Iran lacks refining capacity so can't generate enough of it's own petroleum needs to supply it's own motorists.

Iran needs the outside world to supply it with fuel for motorists.

Iran thinks it can tell the outside world to get lost whilst it arms the Taleban, Iraqi militias and Hezbollah.

Iran thinks it can create ballistic missile projects, enrich uranium for an atomic bomb project and that all this has no consequences.

Of course it does have consequences. The same outside world which Iran is threatening is the same outside world which now imposes trade sanctions.

It shows how out of touch the Iranian Revolutionary guard and the Mullahs are with the real world. Now the ordinary people of Iran are facing the consequences and are mightily pissed off.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
How is it a country who is swimming in oil would rather spend all this money on weapons when lesser sums could be used to build refineries leaving them totally self sufficient? Piss poor leadership.

The Islamic regime decided to allocate national funds for establishing oil refineries in Malaysia and Indonesia to enable its top officials to skim millions of dollars off those budgets and funnel them into their personal businesses and private bank accounts in the Far East. Like many a corrupt regime, its leaders fondly believed the people knew nothing of their abuses. The violent protests which the fuel rationing decree sparked across the country told them the population had not been fooled.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Something which I realised in the darkest days of the Cold war was that even in a dictatorship, a regime needs widespread support of the population.

Under the worst excesses of Stalinism the opponents of the regime had to be publicly vilified and blamed for the problems, because that way the regime could stay on side with the masses.

It will be interesting to see whether public opinion and fuel riots in Iran work against the regime.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Iran thinks it can tell the outside world to get lost whilst it arms the Taleban, Iraqi militias and Hezbollah.

what is it with you and your obsession with Iran and funding outside groups? the US tells the rest of the world to get lost when it funds even worse nut cases and last time i checked the US were the talebans best friends even created the alqida

unless you can justify the US supplying extremists?

Iran thinks it can create ballistic missile projects, enrich uranium for an atomic bomb project and that all this has no consequences.

they have vast amounts of that stuff so why not exploit it?
the US and other countries want to make a bank for enriched uranium
if Iran can get in not only can it supply its needs but those of others.

and please almost all countries have balistic missiles
Iran isnt any diffrent

Of course it does have consequences. The same outside world which Iran is threatening is the same outside world which now imposes trade sanctions.

who is Iran threatening?
please tell me who Iran threatend?

It shows how out of touch the Iranian Revolutionary guard and the Mullahs are with the real world. Now the ordinary people of Iran are facing the consequences and are mightily pissed off.

they showed that when they booted the shah and the americans

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well, its the Iranians who are suffering under thier leadership. Suckers...poor fools to have to live like that. Sure is fun to sit over here and laugh haha!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
quote]

who is Iran threatening?

Um...how about Israel for one? You been under a rock?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
they have vast amounts of that stuff so why not exploit it?
the US and other countries want to make a bank for enriched uranium
if Iran can get in not only can it supply its needs but those of others.

There are many other power resources that can be used by these countries, yet if their interest is all about supplying power, why do they immediately head for the one type that can be used to make weapons, and be dangerous in its own right? Would you really want to live next door to such a facility in a country like Iran, I mean even more advanced countries have had near meltdowns in their facilities, let alone one that is going to be in a country that is much less technologically advanced. You do of course realize that when something like that happens it does not stay local, but travels on the air into all the neighboring countries as well, right?

Funny I never see them wanting funding or help building geothermal, wind, or solar power generation facilities, isn’t it?

who is Iran threatening?

I do hope your joking, as the other poster said, you been living under a rock for the last 5 years?
Their president has flat out stated that he wants to see Israel “Wiped off the map”…

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Bodrul Iran does not have huge resources of nuclear fuel. China's Geological institute surveyed Iran's Uranium deposits and calculated that it had only 5,000 tonnes of Uranium ore. Enough to fuel one reactor for 6.5 years.

Iran claims it needs to build 7 reactors and the uranium reserves will only fuel these for 9 months each. Considering the billions of dollars needed to build just one nuclear power plant why build seven, only to have them run out in less than one year ?

For about a fifth of the money Iran could harness it's gas reserves to generate the same power output for 50 years.

Here's the issue:

The dichotomy described above can be attributed at least in part to the large development costs associated with nuclear power plants, compared to their fossil fuel alternatives. For example, the capacity cost for a current-generation nuclear plant is between $1400 and $2000/kilowatt(1), while a natural gas combined cycle plant can be built for approximately $600/kW of capacity(2). That means that a 2,000 MW nuclear complex would cost between $2.8 and $4 billion, even though the same electricity could be produced by a gas turbine plant costing around $1.2 billion. In a country with limited capital for investment, this difference translates into less generating capacity being built over time.

energyoutlook.blogspot.com... islamic.html

The other issue is that the IAEA found in 2003 that Iran was diverting spent reactor fuel from it's research reactor to a clandestine project to develop Plutonium. Plutonium has only one use and that is for nuclear weapons.

That is why the west imposed sanctions. Those sanctions now directly cause fuel shortages in Iran. This is as I said before, a self inflicted injury.

CIA AlQuaeda funding ?

Usama Bin Laden was as a Pakistani spy working indirectly in Afghanistan with Mujahadeen against the Soviet occupation. Is that what you refer to Bodrul ?

last time i checked the US were the talebans best friends even created the alqida

I don't profess to justify all of USA's foreign policies so why suggest that I do or is this just a muckraking attack against me personally ?

[edit on 27-6-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

....and last time i checked the US were the talebans best friends even created the alqida

Simply and solely the United States again, bodrul?
Add:
England (MI5, MI6)
Pakistan (ISI)
Saudi Arabia
Bin Laden

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
[qupte]I don't profess to justify all of USA's foreign policies so why suggest that I do or is this just a muckraking attack against me personally ?

i dont do personal attacks

you seem to always justify your actions by using Iran as the largest or so terrorist sponsor when the country you are defending is responsible for far worst acts

you say how the US should destroy Irans defences
you claim Iran is a threat

when in rality they havent attacked anyone or threatend anyone

[edit on 28-6-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Simply and solely the United States again, bodrul?
Add:
England (MI5, MI6)
Pakistan (ISI)
Saudi Arabia
Bin Laden

United states did play a large role
they paid the taliban as a proxy to fight the soviets, they didnt keep an eye on their money and who it went to.

your country funded dictators when it suited them

so i stand corrected at the countries that were involved but i stand by that the US sponsors far more people then Iran

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Usama Bin Laden was as a Pakistani spy working indirectly in Afghanistan with Mujahadeen against the Soviet occupation. Is that what you refer to Bodrul ?

please feel free to prove this?
i have seen many documentries on the taliban and how they were created

on your first statemnet

why should they have to use their gas supplies when they can extend that to sell to others?

you seem to think because of the costs they should use Gas reserves when that and their oil wont last forever and with nuclear power they can prelong that.

also please show where it says their nuclear reactors will last only 7 years

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Funny I never see them wanting funding or help building geothermal, wind, or solar power generation facilities, isn’t it?

so these power sources will generate more power then nuclear power stations? thats why in britain we have opted for new nuclear power stations because reusable engergy doesnt generate that much power

Originally posted by defcon5
I do hope your joking, as the other poster said, you been living under a rock for the last 5 years?
Their president has flat out stated that he wants to see Israel “Wiped off the map”…

i hope your joking as it looks like you have been living under a bigger rock

saying to wipe out the zionest regieme of israel is completly diffrent then saying wiping israel of the map. and this has been discussed on ATS so many times with the same conclusion

Zionest doesnt = Israel

so come on quote the leader say Israel and not Zionest

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

saying to wipe out the zionest regieme of israel is completly diffrent then saying wiping israel of the map.

so come on quote the leader say Israel and not Zionest

Finish the sentence Bodrul... The Zionist regime occupying Jerusalem does = Isreal.

Can you tell us of any other Zionist regime occupying Jerusalem ?
You're being selective as usual, making a virtue out of ignorance.

please feel free to prove this?
i have seen many documentries on the taliban and how they were created

Gosh Bodrul you couldn't have read very much about Osama B/L. Either that or you were very selective and only read Jihadist literature ?
Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself publicly ?
Read this:
www.globalresearch.ca...

usinfo.state.gov...

United states did play a large role. they paid the taliban as a proxy to fight the soviets, they didnt keep an eye on their money and who it went to.

Actually they didn't fund the Taleban. They funded the Pakistani ISI to fund the Mujahadeen to fight the Soviets. Do you just make this up as you go Bodrul or do you spend all your spare time on Jihadist websites ?

you seem to think because of the costs they should use Gas reserves when that and their oil wont last forever and with nuclear power they can prelong that.

Forget what rock... What planet are you on... Hello, earth calling planet Bodrul ?

why should they have to use their gas supplies when they can extend that to sell to others?

But Bodrul... don't let facts get in the way of your delusions. Iran does not sell off it's natural gas. It might be a different argument if they did. Nobody's forcing them to forgo income from exporting natural gas if they don't export it ?

Iran's gas reserves of 940 trillion cubic feet (or 1,006,800,000,000,000,000 BTUs of energy) will last another 50 years. This compares with just 8,700,000,000,000,000 BTUs from nuclear reserves. Iran's Natural gas reserves are 126 times greater than energy available from nuclear reserves. Iran's gas is mainly just flared off... Wasted.

Their Uranium reserves if they build the seven 1000Mw power stations talked of will last only 9 months per reactor. It's quite easy to do the maths Bodrul. Go figure at U235 reserves at 0.7% of 5,000 tonnes surveyed by the Beijing Institute of Uranium Geology.

That means 35 tonnes un-enriched U235.

One thing which is accurately known are Iran’s Uranium reserves in Yzad province. In 1985 the Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology conducted a survey of Iran’s uranium reserves which are only about 5,000 tonnes. Go read the journal “Ettel’at” for 12 January 1985. Also records of US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, testimony of Gary Milhollin 6 May 1997.

also please show where it says their nuclear reactors will last only 7 years

Read page 30 of the PDF file attached below Bodrul...

Actually it says that one reactor will have just enough uranium for 6.5 years or the seven reactors which they plan will each have just 9 months worth of fuel. What a waste of money.

The reactor will last for decades as white elephants, but they wont have any uranium to power them. What they will do is produce enough Plutonium for dozens of nuclear weapons.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 28-6-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Gotta love it. Burn and stop the American Flag while wearing Nikes now it's:
"Oh no! We're running out of gas!"
"I know, let set gas stations on fire thereby burning up any remaining gas."

What would they do if they were running out of food? Dump whatever's left into the ocean?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Finish the sentence Bodrul... The Zionist regime occupying Jerusalem does = Isreal.

Can you tell us of any other Zionist regime occupying Jerusalem ?
You're being selective as usual, making a virtue out of ignorance.

weldone you finished it zionest regieme NOT ISRAEL zionest regieme
and you just proved me right

do resaerch and search up zionest or is that to hard for your selective thinking?

saying to wipe out a regeime and country differ completly
unless you can find him saying he wants to destroy israel and not zionest regeime then i will back down.

read that topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gosh Bodrul you couldn't have read very much about Osama B/L. Either that or you were very selective and only read Jihadist literature ?
Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself publicly ?
Read this:
www.globalresearch.ca...

usinfo.state.gov...

i read the bbc newss,reuters, dont read arabic news sites or fox to much BS nor do i read global security

you must be reading chriaist sources then i presume?

Actually they didn't fund the Taleban. They funded the Pakistani ISI to fund the Mujahadeen to fight the Soviets. Do you just make this up as you go Bodrul or do you spend all your spare time on Jihadist websites ?

i stand corrected they got funded by proxy
they got american money through pakistan, but stil US money which should have been made sure wasnt given to fanatics

these people were shouting death to america and the US turned a blind eye while their pal gave them their money.

so your saying there isnt any fault there

also stop with the jihadis site BS mate if you want to have a discussion have one if you want to through insults the fudge off.

Forget what rock... What planet are you on... Hello, earth calling planet Bodrul ?

earth which planet you from?

But Bodrul... don't let facts get in the way of your delusions. Iran does not sell off it's natural gas. It might be a different argument if they did. Nobody's forcing them to forgo income from exporting natural gas if they don't export it ?

Iran's gas reserves of 940 trillion cubic feet (or 1,006,800,000,000,000,000 BTUs of energy) will last another 50 years. This compares with just 8,700,000,000,000,000 BTUs from nuclear reserves. Iran's Natural gas reserves are 126 times greater than energy available from nuclear reserves. Iran's gas is mainly just flared off... Wasted.

Their Uranium reserves if they build the seven 1000Mw power stations talked of will last only 9 months per reactor. It's quite easy to do the maths Bodrul. Go figure at U235 reserves at 0.7% of 5,000 tonnes surveyed by the Beijing Institute of Uranium Geology.

That means 35 tonnes un-enriched U235.

One thing which is accurately known are Iran’s Uranium reserves in Yzad province. In 1985 the Beijing Research Institute of Uranium Geology conducted a survey of Iran’s uranium reserves which are only about 5,000 tonnes. Go read the journal “Ettel’at” for 12 January 1985. Also records of US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, testimony of Gary Milhollin 6 May 1997.

will have a read of that

Read page 30 of the PDF file attached below Bodrul...

Actually it says that one reactor will have just enough uranium for 6.5 years or the seven reactors which they plan will each have just 9 months worth of fuel. What a waste of money.

The reactor will last for decades as white elephants, but they wont have any uranium to power them. What they will do is produce enough Plutonium for dozens of nuclear weapons.

www.globalsecurity.org...

cant college download sucks when it comes to PDFs

but i will reply to those when i get home
and please if you want to discuss thing stop with the jihadis BS

[edit on 28-6-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
a country who is swimming in oil would rather spend all this money on weapons.... Piss poor leadership.

Exactly. There is no need for this. If they had managed the country corrrectly this wouldn't be happening. There is no rational excuse for the leadership of Iran for this.

But of course ... 'leadership of Iran' and 'rational' dont' go together, do they?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Problem solved.There is no problem. "Iran's top security body has ordered local journalists not to report on problems caused by petrol rationing."

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... Whats his name must have called up Karl Rove for tips on how to deal with unpleasant situitions. This administration has done similar things repeatedly.

I keep telling people we don't need to threaten Iran, or back political groups outside the country, it will just backfire; they will pull the house of cards down themselves, its just a matter of time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join