It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

power outage June 27th New York City - A Harbinger?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Lets just watch and see what happens over the next few days...if more of these blackouts happen...then im gonna believe almost 100% that GR is onto something.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by TheSonOfMan]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We had a power outage today in the dilapidated mill town I call home, does that mean aliens are going to come here?

Don't get me wrong, I'll be first in my neighborhood to run out of the house and climb the ramp if it happens, but I don't think there's anything suspicious about a power outage on a hot day in a nation that hasn't done a meaningful upgrade on its electrical transmission network in FOREVER...

Just sayin'...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
Lets just watch and see what happens over the next few days...if more of these blackouts happen...then im gonna believe almost 100% that GR is onto something.

Would the weather have any bearing on your opinion here? If the next few days continue to bring us blistering heat would that make a difference?

If blackouts were happening at strange times, then I'd consider this, but frankly, these things happen every year because of our ancient power grid.

If we start getting blackouts all the time and it's only 70 out... then I'll worry. But blackouts in 94 degrees don't surprise me...

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah the whole blackout thing is pretty silly because it is SUMMER. For the past 10 to 20 years, as far as I can remember, we have been having power issues like these every summer when the temperatures kick into the 90's.

Think about this for a minute. Transformers generate and dissipate heat. People drawing power generates more heat into the power equipment. The SUN provides us with ALOT of heat and a transformer in the summer sun can easily get blown.

We are also not discounting that storms have been rolling over the Midwest and causing loads on electrical spike which can cause even more stress to our dilapidated system.

He stated more electro magnetic disturbances. I would expect communications networks to be the noticeable interruption in our daily life.

Remember about 10 years ago when a satellite dish went out and knocked out half of the pagers and cellphones in the world? Expect something like that.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why am I sitting here reading a NY weather report?

OK, so GR ( so famous he's now known only by his initials) confesses to a hoax. Some have decided that the hoax was a hoax and therefore was never a hoax at all? So even though he confessed the hoax it does not matter because the hoax was a hoax and the predictions in the hoax are true. The hoax was actually a hoax to get us not to believe the hoax which is true. The hoaxer must then be in on a staged hoax planned by the government to make us not believe the hoax which was not really a hoax and then we won't notice when the things mentioned in the hoax happen in August, the month of the original hoax coming true. Only those who know about the hoax not being a real hoax will know that the original false hoax is coming true. I've got to wonder if there will be more hoaxes that will be confessed to be hoaxes but will be real also. This means we have got to keep track of every hoax just in case it was a hoax and not a hoax at all.

Edited to add -

[edit on 6/27/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I love a conspiracy...BUT....

Its too many people running their a/c.

That's all.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Con Ed announced that the outage was most likely a result of a lightening strike and that the NYC area should not expect additional outages as a result of strains on the grid.

they also said that the alien invasion will go as planned and thank you for willingly going into the black vans.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
:shk:

Weathermen/women. are disputing that there was NO lightning at all reported.

The plot thickens.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think that's why GR used "EM effects/power outages" as a generic qualifier of the "invasion"... He probably knew very well that they aren't uncommon when hot/humid summer weather start to bare-down and the AC gets cranked.

I agree with you guys that if outages were happening more frequently with a normal load on the grid then maybe we should pay closer attention.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Weathermen/women. are disputing that there was NO lightning at all reported.

was that from the loose bowels documentary?

there was lightening. plenty of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Oh God, Blaine it scares me I completely understood what you wrote.

Let's face it, all you have to do is wait but remember there is more to life. Zorgon and I have our pillows to cushion our butts when we sit on the fence, I pop the corn and Z is gonna have to bring more foam that 6 pack wasn't enough.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Have you guys seen this video?

First and foremost, I think this is a hoax. I don't believe it to be true. But what I do believe is that it may be a direct result of the GR hoax.

It just shows that anybody can take current events and bend them any which way they want through this modern medium. This is fall-out. I think anyway.

youtube.com...

[edit on 28-6-2007 by seawolf197]

[edit on 28-6-2007 by seawolf197]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
someone's trying to make a buck. it was very hazy and, at the time of the blackout, I think there was a massive storm rolling across the north part of NYC. The skies in the video seem a bit clearer, with some light clouds. Not like the massive, black storm cloud that would have barrelled across the city.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Crakeur, that's what George Noory said on Coast to Coast last night.

In any case, it could happen today. Its very dark and creepy here in Cape Cod and i'm paranoid (more so than usual)- I beleive the aliens would pick just such a time to ruin my day.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms
power outage June 27th New York City - A Harbinger?

It was just people having their power knocked out due to a severe thunderstorm that came through the area. There were tons of the storms around (we even got some down here in Philly). The power folks got it restored VERY quickly.

Eventually .. someday ... power will go out all over the planet.
But this wasn't a test run or anything. It was just a storm. That's all.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan

It's the middle of SUMMER. There is a heat wave. OF COURSE power is going to go out. There will be brown outs and rolling black outs. There will be severe thunderstorms (which are forecast again for today) throughout the entire area. This will go on until the end of August.

This is nothing new. It's nothing sinister. It's just an OLD power grid and an infrastructure that needs work.

Life as usual.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Eventually .. someday ... power will go out all over the planet.

Do you have to spook me out this way???

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
From my perspective (which is Manhattan) there was actually a ridiculous amount of thunder and lightning and a downpour that made me wanna look up Noah's phone number.

Also, as can be seen in this article there were monster lightning storms north of NYC. A 17 year old was struck by lightning and died there yesterday.

[edit on 6/28/2007 by Djarums]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
the whole storm was actually a viral marketing scam for Evan Almighty

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm in Bergen County, and every summer, EVERY SUMMER, we get blackouts, brown outs, because of lighting. If it doesn't happen, I'd be surpized. Lighting happens when the weather gets warm. It's a fact of
life around here. Now we didn't lose power yesterday, but we will.
And there will be nothing to conspire about. Well, not with this, anyway.
I'm still thoroughly and properly paranoid about everything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join