It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

power outage June 27th New York City - A Harbinger?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Even though everyone thinks GHOSTRAVEN's Project BlueBeam ideas
were a hoax (while I think it was a hoax-hoax... that is, truth wrapped in some disinformation protected by a subsequent hoax retraction, all by design, simply to test the waters)... I personally am connecting those claims to both the Chicago EAS incident yesterday, and, as well..

The NYC power outage today.

It seems that, if such an event as BlueBeam were to happen- or, if there was to be some type of Alien Visitation of the real kind- then Electro-Magnetic disturbances certainly may precede such events.

Therefore, I am asking:

Does anyone think there is anything else to the Chicago EAS incident or today's NYC power outage? Doese anyone think it is a harbinger of things to come?

THIS IS NOT a debate about GHOSTRAVEN... this is simply a debate resolution: Do you think the NYC power outage today is connected to any possible future extra-terrestrial disclosure event, as orchestrated by the gov or the Aliens themselves?

Thanks for the input!

TPM

Mod Edit: cap title

[edit on 6/27/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
the power outtage is in limited areas and is a result of the temperature being about 1000 deegrees outside and everyone blasting their a/c.

nothing to do with the hoax.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sorry a power outage has nothing to do with aliens and ufo's. Are we going to link every problem here now and link it to false flags?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If you listen to the Q HDF... it sounds preposterous.... could just be true though.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yeah, it's been hot as hell here. I've got my A/C on full blast.

Looks like some thunderstorms are moving in now, it just started raining. That should help.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
dont you think everyone ussually has there ac on blast anyway i live in new mexico and if you dont have your ac and several fans on then your screwed...and the last time we had a power outage was when a tornado tore the lines down

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
the power outtage is in limited areas and is a result of the temperature being about 1000 deegrees outside and everyone blasting their a/c.

Man and I thought Florida was hot

Seriously there may be something happening in the near future I doubt it's going to be anything like UFOs landing on the white house lawn and ETs getting out to shake everyones hand or anything.

Could be something to the effect of another 9/11 type attack something sadly perpetuated by our own government in order to keep the populace in line and to go with the current plan to take over and americanise the middle east.

A lot of people are really upset at the war now so the government may decide to send out a fear strike on our own people once again in order to get people angry and afraid enough to stick with the current affairs of state and propagate the war effort.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Looks like some thunderstorms are moving in now, it just started raining. That should help.

we had about 15 minutes of stellar thunder blasts (no, I'm not near the bathroom) and no rain. my brother in law, who lives on the upper east side, said they got serious rain there. nothing here tho. I'm in the 30's on 7th ave.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
dont you think everyone ussually has there ac on blast anyway i live in new mexico and if you dont have your ac and several fans on then your screwed...and the last time we had a power outage was when a tornado tore the lines down

New Mexico Population Density: 14.98/sq mi
Wiki: New Mexico

New York City Population Density: 26,720/sq mi
Wiki: New York City

on a hot day who do you think puts more stress on the grid? im gonna go with NY. LOL there are more air conditioners on a single block in NYC then in all of New Mexico.

I know i turned on all 3 air conditioners in my apt this morning when i woke up. it was relatively nice last night and i had the windows open, but come this morning it was well over 85 before 8:00am.

[edit on 6/27/2007 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

we had about 15 minutes of stellar thunder blasts (no, I'm not near the bathroom) and no rain. my brother in law, who lives on the upper east side, said they got serious rain there. nothing here tho. I'm in the 30's on 7th ave.

I'm on the UWS, B'way in the 70s...it rained here pretty hard, but only for like 10-15 minutes.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
sadly, the cold front is not supposed to arrive until tomorrow night so I would imagine it isn't any cooler outside after the rain. I am now trying to decide between walking home and sweating in places no man should ever suffer to sweat in, taking the subway and risking getting caught in one of the sporadic subway outtages (been a few on the N line so far and that's my ticket home) or trying to find a nice, frosty cab to drive me home without getting me killed going thru the intersections where the lights are out.

good times.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
There have been power cuts in the UK, but for the opposite reasons. Extreme floods across North England, combined with stormy weather (and its meant to be July?!). I don't see how that could be blamed on Aliens

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Before anyone jumps to any conclusions it would be good to keep a few things in mind

1) This was a localized area comprise of the Upper East Side between 79th street and the lower 100s.

2) This didn't last particularly long.

3) We in Manhattan probably use more electricity on a hot day than some entire states, and probably more than some countries. My office building is more than 40 stories, each of which has full blown central air conditioning running all day. Not to mention the computers and all that. And mine is considered a small to mid sized building.

4) Our grid is pathetic. It was meant for people with some light bulbs, a telephone, a fan and that's about it. Not 4 air conditioners, 4 tvs, and 10 cell phone chargers per apartment. When it's hot the grid can't take it.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Power outages happen everyday throughout the country, more so in the more urban
and densely packed areas in the summer, especially during hot weather.

The nations power grid was mostly built 30 years ago and was never meant to handle
what it does now a days.

Really it's almost miraculous we don't have major blackouts like what happened a few
years ago more often across the country.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

nothing to do with the hoax.

Exactly and the bronx this year will be suceptible to blackouts instead of Queens. At least thats what the local news and con ed have been reporting. Anyways its hot and humid as hell in NY and is surly the cause for any blackouts in the area not a false flag operation as many would like to believe.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The way I see it, real life isn't like the X-Files, where everything unusual neatly ties into a Gov't conspiracy against the public.

I loved that show, But c'mon be serious. Sure, no doubt there are conspiracies all over the Gov't, but I don't think these outages have anyting conspiratorial about them.

[edit on 6/27/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I am new to this site and drawn in because of the Ghost Raven hoax, quite a ride and I followed from beginning to end. I also find the Chicago EAS and the New York power loss interesting, especially considering the New York event garnered national coverage, for such a small area and recognizing that the media tell us what they want us to know and nothing else. My reaction with the confession was to question which part was a hoax. I'm keeping my eyes open.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There was a power outage because we had a massive tornado-like storm here in southwestern ontario, detroit, and possibly further south. 5% of people in my city lost power today.

Remember a few years ago, the big power outage of Ontario and many Northern states? Some US cities are powered by Canadian sources. Particularly Niagra Falls. It's all on the same grid.

[edit on 6/27/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It really says something about someones motives when someone can
admit to a hoax and still some say that the hoax is a hoax . Those are the ones who I do not want investigating anything of any importance .
But that's just me .. And i think it says volumes ..

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wow. I'll tell you guys for the past hour central Pennsylvania have been having our asses handed to us by "pop-up" thunderstorms, as seems to be the "all the rage" term for them now...

A high percentage of hard blowing rain with LOTS of lightning... more lightning than I've seen during a storm for a while. Bolts too..... hardly any of the flashy inter-cloud discharges. All air-to-ground bolt action.

yeah Bevis, it was cool.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join