It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D Notices In the Media And UFO Reporting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Being based in the UK i know that the BBC has a system whereby a story is prevented from being reported by having a D notice placed on it. So for example if the story is sensitive to national secuirty or cant be reported for legal reasons ie an ongoing crimminal court case a d notice is placed on it for an indefinite period until it is lifted.
So how many of you think this is in operation on other news networks ie CNN news or Sky News? Would this explain why so few sightings are reported in the media? What does this mean for press freedom? All comments and thoughts welcomed !

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I vaguely recall the BBC show "Tommorow's World" once having a feature about the black triangle craft that were being seen across the UK at the time.

I remember one of the directors quit at one point citing a D Notice coming down from the Home Office saying that such things were no longer to be covered.

If Britain has this kind of censorship I'm quite sure the US will even if it's just an unspoken understanding between the CIA and their assets working for the networks

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
OOH that is interesting. Did not know about the Tomorrow's World incident

new topics

join