It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great video on Quantum Physics and ET life by Dr Michio Kaku

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
It is advanced applications of The Light that will supersede the theoretical Type III civilization with what can be termed a Type IV civilization, i.e., one that is capable of utilizing energies that are more powerful than the sum total of all the billions of galaxies in the entire Universe.

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Not to get too far off topic for this thread... suffice to say that I'm spiritual and interested in religious philosophies.

Just wanted to point out that Michio isn't just a believer in the universe... he believes in the multiverse. Since he went wild with his civilization theories I'd point out that if we could figure out a way to enter our "parent universe" as he calls it.... that universe's scales might be in no way comparable to ours. Using the energy of the parent universe might be the Type 4?

Yes...but it is the "how to" of getting to Type 4 that is the challenge. I am open to the idea of a Multi-verse but that concept is also open to a varying definition.

Mathematically you can assign any number to anything while attempting to gauge the degree of size or power of a particular object or energy. And still any number you assign or add to it will fall far short of infinity!
So while the sum power of our universe might equal one. The sum power of our parent universe might equal one hundred billion trillion decillion. Still nothing in the face of infinity.

The pursuit of accurate quantifying is still a noble venture. Besides, it is also a good idea not to limit what we think we can do in ETERNITY.

I think I'm becoming memorized with potential power sources! I better stop now and come back to reality.

Those power sources and our speculation about them also represent their own reality. Just a different one than most of us live in most of the time.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD
I would say that the problem with the idea of a one world government in modern times is that the people who would be in the front of the line to rule it are sociopaths. That's the universal problem with any organized relgion, form of government or anything really is that it's only as good as the people who are involved.

That is the crux of the problem and you are absolutely right

Originally posted by AmethystSD
I don't believe that things will always be this way, though. I'm an optimist and I think that we will evolve to the point where we won't have corruption to the degree that we have it now. I don't know if that will happen in only a hundred years though. I know technologically we are progressing by leaps and bounds but ethically we are still in the dark ages. IMO

The operative word in the above analysis is evolve.

Only through evolution on a personal basis can progressive changes be made on a grand scale.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Great thread !
Many thanks to chupa for posting the video link and to mdear for transcribing...I must admit I read the transcript first in case I thought the content wasnt worth sitting thru watching on a small screen for ages...

Needless to say I'm just about to watch the video and I'm most looking forward to it

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Just thought I'd add another video to this thread. Its a brilliant BBC documentary with Dr Kaku on the concept behind Time:

Google Video Link

Enjoy!

[edit on 1/7/07 by Chupa101]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Now this was an awesome video indeed.

Sure does get you thinking about religion! Does this mean there is no God? How will Religion justify itself if we do become a type 1 or even Type 3 someday? Will it then die out?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mdear

NOTICE: where it says "binomide" should be:
Von Neumann

From Nick Bostrom at "Technology Review"
www.technologyreview.com...

Various schemes have been proposed for how intelligent species might colonize space. ...But much more likely, in my view, would be colonization by means of so-called von Neumann probes, named after the Hungarian- born prodigy John von Neumann, among whose many mathematical and scientific achievements was the concept of a "universal constructor," or a self-replicating machine. A von Neumann probe would be an unmanned self-­replicating spacecraft, controlled by artificial intelligence and capable of interstellar travel. A probe would land on a planet (or a moon or asteroid), where it would mine raw materials to create multiple replicas of itself, perhaps using advanced forms of nanotechnology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join