It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Blairs Irony

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
As one tabloid newspaper dubbed her, "The Wicked Witch" in charge of "nonces 'r' us" - ridiculous state of affairs in this country where the victims rights are often behind those of the criminal.

I have no issue with human rights, but what we signed up to has just become a license to print money for some - with cherie being the worst.




posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Today we saw the resignation of Tony Blair, and the installation of an un-elected Prime Minister Gordon Brown.


What utter rot.
The UK Public NEVER votes in or out a Prime Minister or leader of the party.
That is done by members of the party AFTER candidates are put forward. Gordon Broww put himself up as a candidate as did another MP (cant remember his name) There was a vote of Labour MP's and Brown got sufficient votes to win outright as the other candidate failed to get enough votes to carry through to a second vote.



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

Originally posted by budski

Today we saw the resignation of Tony Blair, and the installation of an un-elected Prime Minister Gordon Brown.


What utter rot.
The UK Public NEVER votes in or out a Prime Minister or leader of the party.
That is done by members of the party AFTER candidates are put forward. Gordon Broww put himself up as a candidate as did another MP (cant remember his name) There was a vote of Labour MP's and Brown got sufficient votes to win outright as the other candidate failed to get enough votes to carry through to a second vote.


My point is, did the british people vote for Brown?
was he ever voted for by the british people as PM?
No
We voted as Blair for PM and the labour party are in power on the basis of him being the leader.

Kindly have a think before you throw out insults.

And what exactly are you talking about, Never votes in a PM?

Rubbish



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Originally posted by Chorlton

Originally posted by budski

Today we saw the resignation of Tony Blair, and the installation of an un-elected Prime Minister Gordon Brown.


What utter rot.
The UK Public NEVER votes in or out a Prime Minister or leader of the party.
That is done by members of the party AFTER candidates are put forward. Gordon Broww put himself up as a candidate as did another MP (cant remember his name) There was a vote of Labour MP's and Brown got sufficient votes to win outright as the other candidate failed to get enough votes to carry through to a second vote.


My point is, did the british people vote for Brown?
was he ever voted for by the british people as PM?
No
We voted as Blair for PM and the labour party are in power on the basis of him being the leader.
Kindly have a think before you throw out insults.
And what exactly are you talking about, Never votes in a PM?
Rubbish


I didnt vot e for Blair as PM I voted for my local MP who was the labour candidate. Did it say 'Tony Blair as PM' on your voting slip? No.
When you vote, you vote for your local Member of Parliament, and its up to them to elect their leader as they see fit.
The UK populace has never had the right to vote in or out a leader of a party unless they are members of parliament of that party.

The tories got John Major and they never voted for him



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think Labour have most of their voters on the payroll.I may be wrong but i think the conservatives got the english vote but failed in Scotland and of course Wales.

To be honest there all as bad as each other,new labour have behaved like tories and even outdown them with the sleeze


Hopefully this labour goverment will be kicked out next election,or us southern guys want our own parliment
You northeners can then have labour for as long as you like



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Now you're being pedantic, you know exactly what I mean.

This is just a labour supporter trying to derail a thread because he doesn't like to see his precious party/ex-leader criticized.

Sorry, won't work.

Why not comment on the labour sleaze post?

That one makes for good reading.




posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What it actually needs is for Labour to go back to its Socialist roots..


Stuff 'New' Labour

I want a caring society



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels2006
I think Labour have most of their voters on the payroll.I may be wrong but i think the conservatives got the english vote but failed in Scotland and of course Wales.

To be honest there all as bad as each other,new labour have behaved like tories and even outdown them with the sleeze


Hopefully this labour goverment will be kicked out next election,or us southern guys want our own parliment
You northeners can then have labour for as long as you like


It could be worse - labour might rig elections like in florida

oh wait - they did


Labour have massively increased the civil service so that more people are dependant on them for a wage=more votes.

Cynical, moi?



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Now you're being pedantic, you know exactly what I mean.

This is just a labour supporter trying to derail a thread because he doesn't like to see his precious party/ex-leader criticized.
Sorry, won't work.
Why not comment on the labour sleaze post?
That one makes for good reading.


It was a post started with a lie.
I just felt it needed correcting. I wasnt being pedantic at all.



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Not a lie at all,

people in this country have historically voted for a party because of who the leader is - fact



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Not a lie at all,

people in this country have historically voted for a party because of who the leader is - fact


No it isnt a fact at all. Its just your belief. Its a wrong belief though.

I dont now nor ever have voted for a party or a PM. I vote for the person standing in my constituency who says he is going to help and work hard for the area I live in. Anything else is superfluous.



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
yeahh and we just know Gordon is going to make the payroll even bigger,by splitting departments,creating more jobs and more red tape

Mind you he is running scared,trying to get cross party jobs in his goverment.He wants to last longer than Blair,and will be very upset when he falls flat on his arse next election!

But i have a feeling the media will turn against liberals and conservatives and start smearing them as they normaly do.

Hopefully cambell wont turn up again,i am surprised someone hasnt given him a good slap yet?About time that bully was given his own medicine.
He has Dr kellys blood on his hands and you just know he couldnt give a toss



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The whole upper hierarchy of labour should hang their heads at what was done to that man...

This is a time when I really hope karma is real


and as for mandelson



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hmmm,

Lots of rhetoric, groundless accusations, and plenty of evidence of a total lack of understanding of the British constitution. A whole shedload of criticism of a man who carried the electorate three times in succession and just to raise the intellectual tone a couple of extra notches one or two pops at his wife. Classy stuff guys.

No one has yet come up with another candidate for the job who would carry the required political clout and respect amongst those who count though.

Never mind, I'll leave you to your fun.



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Hmmm,

Lots of rhetoric, groundless accusations, and plenty of evidence of a total lack of understanding of the British constitution. A whole shedload of criticism of a man who carried the electorate three times in succession and just to raise the intellectual tone a couple of extra notches one or two pops at his wife. Classy stuff guys.

No one has yet come up with another candidate for the job who would carry the required political clout and respect amongst those who count though.

Never mind, I'll leave you to your fun.


Groundless accusations?

And as for a pop at his wife, she's undeniably been riding her husbands name and lining her pockets in the process.

Interesting interviews with some of Blairs contempories in the programme "The Rise and Fall of Tony Blair" - he was long on rhetoric and short on action - he zoned out when the nitty gritty of government was mentioned.

He only won 3 terms because there was no credible opposition.

Have you read the list of blair sleaze?
The man who promised a whiter than white government.

If you want to make excuses for the man, thats up to you.

I'll stick to the facts of what he did wrong and messed up.



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Timeless test,you are not a cynic mate i think you should change your initial greetings here in your thread if you can say anything good about tony.But thanks for wading in and assualting us
hope you feel better now

I will give tony some praise,peace in Ireland is something he can be proud of.Shame he ruined it all against arabs

where abouts in the south are you from?I am a southner myself and i can tell you this isnt Labour country.The political map here is orange and blue,you must stick out like a sore thumb praising that murdering actor.

god forbid anyone say anything bad about cherie on a public forum!
she is a freeloader just like tony,the patron saint of free holidays



posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hi noangels,
I was under the impression that Mo Mowlam was primarily responsible for the peace process - apparently she used to have this great tactic for when the debate got out of hand or if either side was intractable - she would take her wig off, throw it on the table and give a big sigh - others at the table would be so mortified that arguments were forgotten and talks resumed.

I think that Blair rode her coat tails a bit in taking the credit, but at least he had the nuts to push it when neither side wnated to.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join