It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blairs Irony

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Grady

LOL so the whole world agreed that invading Iraq was the right thing to do?
When mass marches where going on,and the UN where not going to vote on force being allowed-your saying the whole world wanted to invade Iraq

BTW-I love your masterly way of spinning 9/11 and Iraq together to make it look like there conected.
Oh look I have just done it too,so easy to do that isnt it.
9/11 Iraq
9/11 Iraq
Lets keep on mentioning it till everyone starts to believe it

with respect you are deluded or at the best a liar,what is it?

Hundreds of thousands of people are dead over a lie,but who cares if there muslims right?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels2006
Grady

When mass marches where going on,and the UN where not going to vote on force being allowed-your saying the whole world wanted to invade Iraq

A suprisingly large portion of the world agreed with the invasion, otherwise the coalition would have just been the commonwealth and the united states, but ofcourse thats ignorable...
People acted out of fear and to be honuest they were led in by bad intelligence and spin, whooptee do, like it hasnt been done before? Would you prefer if they had not of acted such as in 1939 when british intelligence KNEW germany was rebuilding? Or how about 7/7 when we were WATCHING the terrorists when they exploded?
But never mind ofcourse none of those events could be connected in any way shape or form....could they?

BTW-I love your masterly way of spinning 9/11 and Iraq together to make it look like there conected.

And your going on about spin and lies....?
He never said anything about those 2 being connected other than the fact that we went in AFTER 9/11 out of fear....so unless you can pull a nice MI6 fast one out of your six I suggest you sit down and rethink your argument.

Hundreds of thousands of people are dead over a lie,but who cares if there muslims right?

And how many are dead because we failed to act in 7/7...lockerbie....northern ireland...funny for a country with such a long and bloody and experienced history the young today seem to have a knack for forgetting. Never mind mate...you do what you want and you think what you want, but I dont see you standing up to lead....it takes less courage to critisise someone as it does to stand up and do a better job.

Actually mate where in the UK are you from? England? Scotland? Wales? NI? Do you actually live here?

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You're too concrete.

When I say the whole world, I don't mean the anarchists, the campus communist party and the guy who's always sitting at the end of the bar at your local watering hole.

I mean the leaders of the world. The people who have more knowledge and intelligence resources at their disposal than just CNN, FOX and the lesbian women's studies professor who's alway sitting at the end of the bar at your local watering hole.

All this information is out there somewhere. I lived through this stuff and got my information from the television and the newspapers.

I just do my best to listen to the people make the decisions and not just the people, like Michael Moore, who spin everything to fit their agendas.

Bush told everyone what he wanted to do and why. He said it in the State of the Union address. He said it before Congress. He said it before the UN. He provided the documentation. It was the same intelligence that was available to all the leaders of the world and it was for the most part made available to the public. We went to war with a host of allies and, sadly, too many left when the going got tough. But, it is our war and I'm not complaining and I thank God for Tony Blair. We should all wish him the very best in his new post, regardless of all else. Our future is in no small measure in his hands.

I say to you. Listen to your leaders. So far, Bush has not lied. He might not have been right, but he's been honest about the whole thing since 9/11. It's not my fault if no one was listening.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Britguy
Grady, you seem to forget that it was Blair who led this country into war based on a complete pack of lies and spin that anyone with an ounce of sense could see through.

I haven't forgotten anything.

What really happened is that the whole world was offered the body of evidence that was available at the time and the world agreed that invading Iraq in the wake of 9/11 was the prudent thing to do, given Saddam's penchant for invading his neighbors and snuffing out problematic populations with chemical weapons.

The only nations that disagreed at the time were the one's with commercial interests in Iraq, including the weapons trade. You remember France, Russia, Syria, et al., right?

Saddam could have prevented the invasion by coming clean, but he chose to either hide his WMDs elsewhere or continue the charade till the moment of truth.

You do remember Iraq invading Kuwait, don't you? You do remember about a decade of no-fly-zone violations and the scores of air strikes against Iraq that were authorized and executed by the Clinton Administration, don't you.

You do remember the years playing "cat and mouse" with the UN weapons inspectors, don't you?

If you and your ilk had responsibility for the world's safety in the wake of 9/11, you'd have probably wet your pants and locked your self in your room for a month after 9/11.

Given a choice I'll stick with George Bush and Tony Blair any day.

What the world needed then was decisive action for better or worse.

I'm just glad there are people in our nations who in their youth have the guts to rise to the call, instead of reciting the coward's litany ad nauseum.

[edit on 2007/6/27 by GradyPhilpott]

The whole world agreed that invading Iraq was prudent? I didn't know the U.S. U.K. and the 12 guys sent to Iraq from Australia was the whole world.

Why should Saddam have to come clean? Why were U.N. weapons inspectors never in the U.S. looking for and removing our nukes? After all, the U.S. is the only nation to actually USE them in the past.

Decisive action is not always a good thing. Especially when the decisions made are based on misinformation, a personal agenda, and what was now clearly, falt out incorrect U.S. intelligence; aka as a MISTAKE.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Blair was a very poor choice for ME Envoy. I think Bill Clinton who is currently working for the Qatari government would have been a much better choice and is probably viewed by most Arab nations as being a decent American President. His not being affiliated with the current mess in the Middle East also would have bolstered his position. I dont think Blair will be trusted unless of course its the Israelis but that will be a big drawback since they will believe he is being partial towards them, and especially if he is moving to Jerusalem even moreso.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Devilwasp.
I live near Salisbury in Willtshire mate,and I am a 36 year old company director with bad spelling .And like most people of my age here my grandparents(long gone)fought in ww1 and ww2,so there is no need to bring up that old chestnut of Hitler and muslims nowdays
I know that you have to resort to desperate means to get this illegal war agaisnt arabs(and soon persians)some legitimate morale ground but there is no way you can!

I dont know where you live but there is NO support for this war in the UK no matter what age.To label us antiwar people as cowards and anarchists
as Grady did above your post is just another ignornant way to belittle people who dont think like you.What can we do about this war?nothing to be honest but that wont stop us from telling people its wrong

Another 3 lads dead in Iraq this morning,on the back of a lie

The London attacks were because of our actions in Iraq,so theres that lie coming back to remind us.I am also confused as to why these Idots became suicide bombers in this country?In spain they used mobile phones as triggers to expload the trains but for some reason they didnt do it here?
I know the tunnels would rule out the signal but a crude timer would have been more than enough.

Iraq is a mistake.Americas natural foe there is Iran-when push comes to shove and all hell is breaking loose and I have a feeling that the green zone might get dusted with whiskey pete from the Iranians as clearly the top brass in America thinks its ok to use

while I dont agree with you or Gradys views i can respect you both

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Having Blair as a peace envoy would be like hiring Gary Glitter to look after your kids...

Or having George Bush as president of the ... Oh wait.

Oops.

We're doomed I tell ye.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Devilwasp.
I live near Salisbury in Willtshire mate,and I am a 36 year old company director with bad spelling .And like most people of my age here my grandparents(long gone)fought in ww1 and ww2,so there is no need to bring up that old chestnut of Hitler and muslims nowdays
I know that you have to resort to desperate means to get this illegal war agaisnt arabs(and soon persians)some legitimate morale ground but there is no way you can!

Who's justifying anything, not me certainly. I am showing our history is one of failure to act. We have failed to stop the governments reduction of our armed forces, failed to act at the governments choice to depend soley on the US armed forces as a launch base for any of our operations.

Why is there no need to bring up history? Because it shows lessosn you do not like? I am merely stating we went in under fear, fear of attack from a country that could not deliver weapons to hurt us (well atleast not in the way we were told).

I dont know where you live but there is NO support for this war in the UK no matter what age.

Bold statement, probably true I would agree but frankly I have yet to see you stand up lead.....

To label us antiwar people as cowards and anarchists
as Grady did above your post is just another ignornant way to belittle people who dont think like you.What can we do about this war?nothing to be honest but that wont stop us from telling people its wrong

I have simply stated it takes less courage to act than to critisise, you take it as you wish but frankly before you critisise a man on "Starting the war over a lie" then maybe you should see that he is not the only man to blame. What about MI6? Its supposed to be our intelligence service and it screwed up BADLY, do they not deserve blame?

Another 3 lads dead in Iraq this morning,on the back of a lie

And you think old tony is to blame for following intelligence from people he was supposed to trust?

The London attacks were because of our actions in Iraq,so theres that lie coming back to remind us.I am also confused as to why these Idots became suicide bombers in this country?In spain they used mobile phones as triggers to expload the trains but for some reason they didnt do it here?
I know the tunnels would rule out the signal but a crude timer would have been more than enough.

Because it gest attention, it makes martyrs and it makes them out to be willing to sacrifice everything. Whatever they're reasons for bombing its still a fact that we FAILED to act to defend our country and our people. You want someone to blame? Look in the mirror, we the general public have let our defences become blunted and useless. Our guard dogs have no teeth and leashes which strangle and choke them.

Iraq is a mistake.Americas natural foe there is Iran-when push comes to shove and all hell is breaking loose and I have a feeling that the green zone might get dusted with whiskey pete from the Iranians as clearly the top brass in America thinks its ok to use

Whiskey pete?
Iraq was a mistake but it doesnt change the fact that we done what we thought was right, if you want to critisise a man for acting then go ahead. But atleast he had the courage to act, which is a lot more than I can say for some PM's.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
actually going off topic for a moment, I do believe the 7/7 attacks were NOT suicide bombers, just a case of the forces that be - using muslims as scapegoats. I believe they were set up and didn't believe they were going to die - more of a security test type of thing.

back on topic.

Are the Brown/Balir positions, the beginning of the NWO.

Already britain has become a prison... we are losing our rights and it's because we have followed the blind (US) into a war, now the government is using that as an excuse to remove our liberties and freedom.

In case 'terrorists' decide to bomb us again....

right.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
actually going off topic for a moment, I do believe the 7/7 attacks were NOT suicide bombers, just a case of the forces that be - using muslims as scapegoats. I believe they were set up and didn't believe they were going to die - more of a security test type of thing.

back on topic.

Are the Brown/Balir positions, the beginning of the NWO.

Already britain has become a prison... we are losing our rights and it's because we have followed the blind (US) into a war, now the government is using that as an excuse to remove our liberties and freedom.

In case 'terrorists' decide to bomb us again....

right.

Sorry, but I've yet to see any kind of evidence that 7/7 was some kind of government plot.

This lot couldn't organize a shag in a whorehouse, let alone something like that!

As for Britain a prison? thats been done to death on ATS, and I for one welcome anything that makes our streets safer.

It's true that Blair has imposed new rules, but these are more PC than anything, thanks to the so called liberal elite who are prevalent throughout the government and think they know better than everyone else.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
and i've yet to see some kind of evidence that suggests muslim suicide bombers blew up the tubes and trains...

eye witnesses actually state that explosions ripped through the under side of the train. So are you saying there was a muslim extremist strapped to the bottom of the tube?

Also why on earth was there a security drill that was dealing with a high level security threat on the morning of 7/7? I mean what are the chances of that? Coincidence? I think not....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for your liberal bashing attitudes... fair enough, but don't come crying to me when you realise that you've surrendered all your rights to the system. I bet you'll be first in the queue when they start microchipping the population and handing out ID cards... 'yeah gimme one, it'll make me feel safer'.

Why don't you just fingerprint your children too, saves the government having to do it eh?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Whatever,
why don't you stick to the point of the thread instead of trying to enforce your views on me?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Sorry, but I've yet to see any kind of evidence that 7/7 was some kind of government plot.

Isn't that the whole point of a Government cover up, there is not supposed to be any evidence of it. All we can do is speculate.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
and i've yet to see some kind of evidence that suggests muslim suicide bombers blew up the tubes and trains...

eye witnesses actually state that explosions ripped through the under side of the train. So are you saying there was a muslim extremist strapped to the bottom of the tube?

Eye witnesses never see the same thing and frankly are any of them explosive experts? No I doubt so, how do they know if the bombs went off on the suicide bombers backs or under the train?

Also why on earth was there a security drill that was dealing with a high level security threat on the morning of 7/7? I mean what are the chances of that? Coincidence? I think not....

Why on earth would they be running a security drill ? I dunno to test security? If you were a government agency you would not be stupid enough to run a test of an incident you where planning on doing on the same day.

As for your liberal bashing attitudes... fair enough, but don't come crying to me when you realise that you've surrendered all your rights to the system. I bet you'll be first in the queue when they start microchipping the population and handing out ID cards... 'yeah gimme one, it'll make me feel safer'.

Why don't you just fingerprint your children too, saves the government having to do it eh?
Well "Mr lizard" if you feel so strongly about this "invasion" of privacy, why not move to another country where you might get on with the rest of the population.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
The above is a link showing all of the counter arguments of those who claim britain is a police state, listen to reason if you will but frankly if you choose not to listen thats your loss.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
OK guys, any chance we can stick to the topic?

This is not a thread about 7/7 conspiracies and I've no wish to discuss it.

If you'd like to discuss 7/7, then why not visit an existing thread designed for that purpose?

The issue here is Blair's resignation, his time in government and his new role in the mid east.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I dont know whether to laugh or cry.
I'm glad to see the back of Blair at long last, (Hip, Hip Hooray) but to appoint him as the new peace envoy to the middle east has to got to be some kind of sick joke and the people who accepted his appointment must be even more deluded than Blair.

I think George Galloway summed it up most eloquently when he said "It's like appointing Count Dracula as head of the blood transfusion services." Rest assured with Blair on his way to the middle east, there'll be alot more blood spilt in the coming months.

Goodbye Judas and good riddins. I certainly wont miss you.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If I really wanted an independent view on the credibility or integrity of Tony Blair I think that George Galloway would probably come somewhere behind the leader writers of the Daily Mail on my list of people to ask for a meaningful opinion.

Before we seek to ridicule Blair's qualifications for this role it would be useful to consider who else carries the kind of weight that he does in Washington, New York, Brussels, Moscow, Tel Aviv and Ramallah and was prepared to take the task on.

To say that this role won't be easy would probably be the understatement of all time but I will at least offer him the respect he deserves for trying when it would have been much easier to sit on a warm beach and write his memoirs in return for a multi million dollar advance.

Good on you sir.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
If I really wanted an independent view on the credibility or integrity of Tony Blair I think that George Galloway would probably come somewhere behind the leader writers of the Daily Mail on my list of people to ask for a meaningful opinion.

Before we seek to ridicule Blair's qualifications for this role it would be useful to consider who else carries the kind of weight that he does in Washington, New York, Brussels, Moscow, Tel Aviv and Ramallah and was prepared to take the task on.

To say that this role won't be easy would probably be the understatement of all time but I will at least offer him the respect he deserves for trying when it would have been much easier to sit on a warm beach and write his memoirs in return for a multi million dollar advance.

Good on you sir.

Agreed about George Galloway, the gutless apologist big brother populist opinion seeking git

I agree it'll be a hard job for Blair, but you gotta admit it's pretty ironic he got the job!

As for the millions he could've earned - doesn't Cherie already do that on the back of his name and position?

Surely introducing a law that his wife makes millions off should be seen as a conflict of interest at the very least.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Blairs only good at one thing and thats being a lapdog. It's all he knows. Respect, lol Blair wouldn't know what respect was if it crawled up and bit him on the ass.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
wasp*shakes hand*I dont agree with you mate but i have better things to do than cross swords across the internet with people who see things dif too me. iI am sure you have too
I believe this thread is about the irony of Blair becoming an envoy of peace to the middle east*lol* still find that so amusing

If your not from the uk you might not know how despised this little man is to us.Going by the recent media blitz on his leaving office you might persume that he left on his own free will.

No he didnt!
Before Labours last party Conference the party told him they had enough of his leadership and they wanted a date for him to stand down.He was dragged kicking and screaming out of office by Mr Brown(pension theif).

He had hoped to tour the UK infront of thousands of cheering fans up and down the country but his advisors told him they wouldnt cheer for him-so thats why he went round the world,because he wasnt wanted here.

Blair is just doing the peace envoy job for a year or so and then he will become president of Europe.

His wife also suported palastinian suicide bombers with her remarks a few years ago saying she understood why they did it as they had no other options.I have a feeling she is going to be a thorn in his side over the coming months

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join