It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone is a hoax.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Some of you already know, and for the ones that don't, I hate to tell you but the whole drone thing is a hoax. It's just a talented 3D artist playing with you all, and its way easier than you think.

The dead give away of it all is this picture:

Those who are unfamiliar with any 3D rendering software, this above image is a final scene render from 1 of many available 3D software. Be it Maya, or 3D Studio Max. Once a person is done creating the mesh of the object, they will then apply a material and texture map and reflection map. When that is done, they just place lighting nodes and camera nodes, and click "Render". It will then calculate everything including lighting and give you a clean clear picture like the one above. Except the one above has been messed with to add noise and age.

Anyway, I have been looking at final renders of 3D objects for years now, and when I seen this picture, it just clicked, my mind just knew from experience that this is just another render. It has that familiar never ending white floor and back drop, and the familiar soft shadows created by the lighting in the scene, and just has that "too perfect and flawless" look to it.

I will show you some more renders of knowingly fake, 3D models:

The above pictures are just quick examples, I could probably find unlimited amounts of examples at the following address:

www.turbosquid.com...

To explain the drone pictures that are seen with real life backgrounds is simple. Within the 3D modeling software, you can actually take real life pictures and include them into the render. So If I made a 3D model of a jet, I could easily take a real picture of an airport, and place the jet at the right angle and position, and then, I can even move the lighting node placed in the 3D scene to match the picture, and when I render it, it will look almost realistic. You can play with the render until you get it just right. So trying to debunk these drone pictures because of "lighting" can be difficult, because all the 3D artist has to do is position the light node anywhere he believes the background image's light source is. Then they can simply change the settings of that light node, like brightness and contrast and color. So the object will have all the shading in the right places. Here is an example of a 3D modeler placing his 3D model of a car in a real image, to make it appear more real.

cg-india.com...

I believe the Drone hoaxer is using the Lightwave add-on software. You can see it here:

www.newtek.com...

Well, that's my explanation, if you need more proof that this is a hoax, let me know, I will provide it.

===edit===
drone image resized to fit forum.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Have you seen this?

Video Link

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am closing this thread and adding a link to it in the eixsting thread on this topic. We try to keep the number of threads about the same subject limited to one per frum.

If you want to repost this (it would be better than a link) here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please do so.

Thanks...

Springer...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am closing this thread and adding a link to it in the eixsting thread on this topic. We try to keep the number of threads about the same subject limited to one per forum.

If you want to repost this (it would be better than a link) here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please do so.

Thanks...

Springer...

[edit on 6-27-2007 by Springer]

new topics

top topics

join