It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccinated Children Two and a Half Times More Likely to Have Neurological Disorders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Vaccinated Children Two and a Half Times More Likely to Have Neurological Disorders

www.earthtimes.org

As the first trial in Vaccine Court explores the relationship between vaccines and autism, a new survey released today indicates a strong correlation between rates of neurological disorders, such as ADHD and autism, and childhood vaccinations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I always thought that vaccines would have some sort of a negative effect, however I never expected it to be this severe. Sad part is in most parts of the world vaccinations are mandatory or the child will not be allowed to attend school/daycare.

I'm no medical expert by any means, and I do understand that most vaccines are to prevent serious illness, however I'm positive that some vaccines are made more for convenience as opposed to being necessary.

Further details on vaccines are available here.

www.earthtimes.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This "study" seems far from scientific. It's just a phone survey! There's no consistency to diagnosis and whether the child was vaccinated or not depends on what a parent says on the phone. I bet people who would be able to give a diagnosis on their child would probably also be the parents most likely to know about the medical history of their child in general, including vaccinations. Where did they even find any children that weren't vaccinated in the U.S. anyway? All children must be vaccinated to go to school.

IMO this is so flawed, it's worthless.

[edit on 6/27/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree that the method through which the data was gathered isn't the most scientific however even with it's flaws, the numbers are most likely accurate.

I'm still trying to find something more scientific that's not from a government source because I don't see them openly admitting to such effects from vaccines.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have to echo djohnsto77 comments about the survey. It seems it is being passed off as "research" when its basically a poll. The source of the material is pretty agenda driven as well.

For your search I reccoment that you use Pub med

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

Its a searchable database that will link you to real, peer reviewed studies. Its on a government domain, but it includes non government articles.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A phone study isn't scientific. But then again .. I woulldn't trust a study done by the government OR the pharmacuticals either.

Independent studies .. done by groups with no agenda ... can we find someone like that???

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I found a study that was performed in 2004 on mice and it supports the theory that mercury contained in vaccines can infact cause autistic behaviour in mice. Full details here

The mice were given 1/10 the mercury that would normally be in a vaccine for a child, and have displayed repetetive autistic behaviour.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by InSanE1]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
you won't find an article by established sources on the subject, for obvious reasons.

all i've seen so far is either anecdotal evidence or a correlation of some sort, animal experiments aside, of course.(it's imho quite clear why this is the case, noone wants to lose their funding) the net effect is that the subject was once wildly debated in the Medical Forum, but seems to have levelled off by now.

something to consider:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

haloboyle.blogspot.com...

the odd news story got out, but disappeared as it came, f.ex.

finally, typical , err , discussion of vaccines and their alledged relation to autism:

all in all, since mercury has alledgedly been phased out, autism should be droping into the realm of background noise now. the question is whether a) any decent studies are being done and b) if it's actually happening.

one thing is certain, though: the Amish do not suffer from autism: www.upi.com...

PS: to anyone who thinks vaccines, even without thiomersal, are always safe, take a look at www.news-medical.net... and you'll have to ask what exactly happened and how. if this effect is neurological, its no stretch of the imagination to extrapolate the effect on an infant, is it?

[edit on 27.6.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
A phone survey is not scientific and its totally biased towards whatever method is chosen to select the respondants. In addition exactly what were they asked? A sequence of questions can be asked that steer the respondant towards the answer the pollster is looking for. The pollsters are clearly anti vaccination and suprise suprise their phone survey backs up their stance!!!!!!

Mercury during preparation of vaccines is not a cause. This was removed (in the UK) several years ago and the rising level of autism did not change one bit.

ADHD, this is now looking like a misdiagnosis or rather an inability of parents and psychologists to admit that their parenting skills for more awkward children is below par. Have you noticed how, these days, everybody immediately blames the government for anything untoward that happens to them and yet in the next sentence bitches and complains about the "nanny state". An awful lot of people don't know what hard graft is these days and don't take responsibility for their actions. This is very obvious with the upbringing of children.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
i agree wrt AD/HD. it's not a tangible diagnosis.

Autism, otoh, should for all intents and purposes be a unambiguous. it just cannot be overlooked, obviously. it's imho clear that a certain phase of development simply fails in Autistic people, whether heavy metals or a lack of appropriate stimulation are the culprit, remains unknown.

there is evidence for various hypotheses, most notably for inherited traits, see

www.wired.com...

the problem i have with this assessment is that (sub)cultural tradition is usually inherited along with genetic information, thereby skewing the results. think lifestyle, cooking (very important in all ethnically based vascular disease studies), etc. imagine, 'geeks' tend to have children later in lif- perhaps, that's the real reason... although i doubt it.

vaccines have their share of problems, but their ubiquitousness makes a statistic control next to impossible.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Whether people agree with how the data was collected or not, thank you for posting this and bringing it to everyone's attention.I believe I will google this and find more info.I have always felt vaccines were not as good as they claimed to be.

new topics

top topics

join