It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fedor Emelianenko

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
i wanted to start a thread to show people what a real deal bad mofo is.
most probably have not heard of fedor but he is the current pride heavy weight champ(i know pride is disbanding...we will see where fedor goes.
so, let me intro you to this man.

en.wikipedia.org...
born September 28, 1976, is a Russian heavyweight mixed martial artist and the current PRIDE World Heavyweight Champion. He has been the reigning heavyweight champion in PRIDE since March 16, 2003.

Emeliananeko has been considered the best heavyweight fighter in the world for the last four years by many major MMA publications,[7][8][9][10] with notable wins over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mirko Filipović, Mark Hunt, Mark Coleman and, most recently, over Matt Lindland. He has won numerous tournaments and accolades in multiple sports, most notably the PRIDE 2004 Grand Prix, and the World Combat Sambo Championship on three occasions.

----
the past 3 years he has won the world combat sambo championships and nobosy even scored a poin on him. is is a monster. his record is tainted though. he has one official loss. it was due to a cut in the first minute. these days it would be ruled a no contest. either way, he has demolished every single person he has faced. cro cop(some thought he would take fedor) was literally running away from him in the ring. fedors thumb was broken in that fight and he smoked him.
fedor just fought matt lindland in bodog. matt lindlan trains with team quest and is an olympic gold medalist in wrestling
fedor made him tap.

i don't know how to imbed the google vid but here is a highlight of fedor
video.google.com...

another great highlight
video.google.com...

his official site

fedor.bel.ru...

1997 г. He carried off Master of Sports in self-defense (Saint-Petersburg). Two months later won an international tournament (Kursk) and became Master of Sports in judo

1998 г. He captured a title an international Russia Master of Sports in self-defense, gaining first place in an international tournament an "A" league team in Moscow. In 1998 he became the Russia record holder and a bronze medallist at Russia championship in judo (Stove) and also a bronze medallist at Russia championship in self-defense (Kaliningrad). Later, he captured a title of champion in his own weight and became a silver medallist in an absolute weight between Russian armed forces

1999 г. He won international tournaments in Self-defense (Moscow), became a bronze medallist of an "A" league team (Moscow, Sofia). Feodor gained the first place (Istanbul) in a team championship of Europe.

2002 г. He became the champion in an absolute weight and took part in the most prestige version "Pride". He won the Russia championship in a fighting self-defense in a heavy weight (Greece, Salonika), was a captain of the team, which won the first place. He captured the world championship in fighting self-defense in an absolute weight (Panama).

--
there you have it....toughest man in the known world right there.

Mod Edit: No Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/6/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Fedor is an absolute machine! #1 Heavyweight in the world. Any1 who's a fan of MMA and hasn't heard of him needs to go watch some of his fights right now!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78--
there you have it....toughest man in the known world right there.

"Toughest man in the known world" is all in the eye of the beholder. I believe that title belongs to Alexander Karelin, the monstrous Greco-Roman wrestler.

Your guy may have the advantage at a leg's length, but as far as grappling with Karelin, he'd get destroyed.

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i know all about karelin. just so happens to be my favorite greco wrestler.

my opinion still stand though. in a greco rules match, sure, karelin. in a 'no rules' or a you know, real fight, i take fedor 9 out of 10 times.
absolutely.
keep in mind, i am not talking about simply grappling but all around fighting...

BUT, if we want to talk about pure grapplers, even though karelin is my favorite wrestler, i'd have to toss my hand at rickson gracie. is not not active anymore though. his kid was killed a few years ago on his motorcycle so now he just trains people at his place.

en.wikipedia.org...

there is kind of a mystique surrounding rickson but people in the mma/grappling community know whats up.
it is well known that rickson used to head out to colleges out west to roll with the wrestling team. he's tap each guy on the team one by one, after telling him how he was going to do it.
he trains in doorways and all kinds of stuff.
if you ask grapplers who the best grappler is, 90% say rickson.
head on down to brazil or japan, go kicking around gracie humaita' and see what the word is.

so i will retract. grappling only=rickson

my thread was, all around toughest guy and that title belongs to fedor.

this vid is very short and will give you a tiny glimpse into how rickson trains

oine last thing about karelin, he does in fact own the wrestling mat, BUT, everyone is tough till they get hit in the face.
there are no submissions in greco. there are no face shots.
karelin does not know the whole game....

good thread though....lets keep talking about this stuff. i am an uber fan

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/6/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You have to take into consideration that in MMA competition there is no straight grappling though. You can be the best wrestler in the world, but it's a lot different when sum1's allowed to knee u in the face lol. I agree in grappling competition Alexander Karelin would win. Fedor is a very accomplished grappler himself though.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
hey oni, is that 'mork' in your avatar?
the muay thai fighter that fights in ZST?

looks like him...since you're a fan, you MUST hunt down some zst shows and try to get some of morks fights...the guy is amazing. i have never really seen anything like it.

Remigijus Morkevicius
i am putting the link up to a vid cause on the page there are other links to several vids of him...please check him out if you don't already know

youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni-Kage
You have to take into consideration that in MMA competition there is no straight grappling though. You can be the best wrestler in the world, but it's a lot different when sum1's allowed to knee u in the face lol. I agree in grappling competition Alexander Karelin would win. Fedor is a very accomplished grappler himself though.

man i love this...finally others to talk mma with. i get bored with the mma forums and all the fanboys...i am an avid fan and was an avid grappler before i got hurt..i really miss it.
back to topic, i would give karelin the nod, IF, and only if it was a greco match with 2 minute rounds and such, wrestling in the circle.
now, if it was just a 'grappling' match in a ring where a verbal submission or a tap out wins the match, then i go with fedor.
wrestling and grappling are different.
karelin is the BEST at that single thing. to be a successful fighter(not wrestler) though, you need a bigger toolbox.
and yes, fedor is a very acomplished grappler. he has pulled off some sweet subs. both armbars on mark coleman from the bottom come to mind

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
lol thats me in my Avatar :p ha ha ha. Doing the kneeing lol.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

lol thats me in my Avatar :p ha ha ha. Doing the kneeing lol.

well, from that one shot, you resemble a very gnarly fighter named mork...you're a muay thai guy(apparently from the pic) so you should be able to appreciate it.

who are some of your favorite muay thai based fighters?
wanderlei?
hopefully bas rutten?
shogun?

start singing mang.

how long you been competing?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Mork is a very explosive, crazy fighter lol. Very fun to watch.
Gotta go with Wand lol. Have u ever watched Melvin Manhoef in Cage Rage? Watch his fight against Cyborg at Cage Rage 15!!! It was voted fight of the year.

Straight up Muay Thai, Buakaw Por. Pramuk is great! Ramon Dekkers, legend, Samart Payakaroon, another legend, love his teeps!!! List goes on lol.
I've been competing for about 6 months now. Next Fight I think August 12th in I think Wales lol.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I still have to disagree. Once Karelin got his hands on Fedor, it would be over. Yes, whereas Fedor is skilled at all the aspects of fighting, Karelin is more skilled at the takedown, submission, and avoiding submission. Fedor couldn't match Karelin's strength.

Of course, this is all hypothetical because we're discussing a skill mismatch on both sides as well as the size/strength mismatch. Afterall, that's why they have weight classes right? Just my opinion.

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I still have to disagree. Once Karelin got his hands on Fedor, it would be over. Yes, whereas Fedor is skilled at all the aspects of fighting, Karelin is more skilled at the takedown, submission, and avoiding submission. Fedor couldn't match Karelin's strength.

Of course, this is all hypothetical because we're discussing a skill mismatch on both sides as well as the size/strength mismatch. Afterall, that's why they have weight classes right? Just my opinion.

Peace

still fun to talk about though....of course we have to assume no weight classes.

also, you are very mistaken in saying that karelin is mor eversed in submissions and avoiding submissions...more skilled at the takedown yes, but not sub and sub defense...he is a greco wrestler. they don't use joint manipulations...
not about size/strength...12 years of mma has shown us that.

keep em coming

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Mork is a very explosive, crazy fighter lol. Very fun to watch.
Gotta go with Wand lol. Have u ever watched Melvin Manhoef in Cage Rage? Watch his fight against Cyborg at Cage Rage 15!!! It was voted fight of the year.

Straight up Muay Thai, Buakaw Por. Pramuk is great! Ramon Dekkers, legend, Samart Payakaroon, another legend, love his teeps!!! List goes on lol.
I've been competing for about 6 months now. Next Fight I think August 12th in I think Wales lol.

i will watch that fight..i have not seen it. i stick with pride/ufc/shooto/zst/k1 hero's and now bodog.

and dude, you forgot ernesto hoost

i love wand. he is one of my favorites but i think he should relinquish the chuteboxe crown over to shogun. he is the future of that team. no as good at muay thay as wand, but better grappling.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yes, but joint manipulation can't happen until you already have the guy down. Greco-Roman is about balance, center of gravity, and strength. Karelin would not allow himself to be put in a position to be joint manipulated. I could only see this happening if he was woozy from a kick to the head, which is entirely possible with a guy like Fedor. Karelin would have to rush Fedor and close the gap fast. Again, theoretically, he would know it's the only way he could gain the upper hand.

Peace

[edit on 27-6-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Yes, but joint manipulation can't happen until you already have the guy down. Greco-Roman is about balance, center of gravity, and strength. Karelin would not allow himself to be put in a position to be joint manipulated. I could only see this happening if he was woozy from a kick to the head, which is entirely possible with a guy like Fedor. Karelin would have to rush Fedor and close the gap fast. Again, theoretically, he would know it's the only way he could gain the upper hand.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by Dr Love]

greco is about that yes but what do you think sambo is about? combat sambo?
not allow him to be put in a position to be subbed? i'm not so sure about that.
remember that karelin was not defeated in 13 years and not scored upon for 7...that was all before he 'allowed' rulon gardner to beat him at the olympics though...

if karelin closed distance with fedor, that would be some good stuff right there. see, we have to factor in fedor letting karelin take him down...i mean, once karelin gets him down, what is he going to do? wrestle him to death? he knows balance and all that yes but does he know how to stay out of the guard? does he know how to toss punches from teh top while keeping his base?
can he bust kimuras on people when he has them mounted?
remember, fighting, not wrestling.

edit* about joint manipulations not being able to happen till the ground, ever hear of rumina sato?

[edit on 27-6-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It was an awesome fight. I was in the crowd lol. Would've been better if both fighters cardio held up but was still awesome to watch lol. Was like watching King Kong Vs. Godzilla lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I must agree with saying that Fedor is possibly the best heavyweight in MMA in the world, it's horribly sad that Pride is done. I've heard from multiple sources the Fedor is going to fight for bodog and then retire. Think though, if he fought for UFC or any other organization he'd start out the unknown heavyweight to most Americans, and he'd only be make 100,000 a fight, and I highly doubt he'd be making even that. So I guess he's going to bodog to fight for millions.

My favorite is still Croation Cop himself.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Fedor is the one champion who I never would want to see defeated.

He is a genius in fighting. Physically, Mentally, Technically
He's got that bearing of a champion,
He's got sincerity towards the ring.

Nothing but respect for the man.
By the way..
I really hope PRIDE FC continues it's legacy and fedor stays.

top topics

join