It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Hoaxes Just Proto-Urban Legends?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I would like thoughts on how the late thread False Flags Might become an urban legend in the UFO community.

There are two ways that I see this happening; 1) that people think he was part of an ongoing government operation to keep tabs on those into UFOs, 2) that he was caught out by his bosses and is on his way to G'mo, and the real false flag is still on.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
NG.

I think something is definately "going on" to throw us for a loop. I can't put my finger on it, but after working on several Viral Marketing campaigns in the past myself (nothing of this magnitude), I smelled something funny the instant I saw the first drone pics.

I felt so strongly about it, that as a non-member I emailed the staff, and Springer dropped the original Transformer Viral website stuff on you all. It actually made me feel a bit weird due to my past work for me to even join (I did one for Radiohead's 'Hail to the Thief" album and one more recently during the launch of the Sony PSP). I have not shared that info with the board before, because until the investigation panned out a bit more, I didn't want to be considered part of the 'conspiracy'.

I just knew something was wrong about all this 'drone' stuff, and had to lend my thoughts. In many ways I have happy for this Hoax to have occured, because it brought me out of the shadows and into the discussion. The things that happen in the world that have drawn me to ATS as a lurker, I don't have to just think them to myself. Plus, a large amount of the impending doom and the depression over it have lessened now that I am an active participant in the discussions going on here. But even now, I feel like somehow I am an unwilling participant in perpetuating this, and that my desire for the truth drives me to continue. It is almost like there is just enough info to keep reeling us in, and away from other current events or even past events for that matter.

In order to keep up with all the information that is here at ATS, one would almost have to do it full time, as their job. It is almost like the hype surrounding stories like the 'drones' allow the more important info to slip down the pages and not recieve the attention they deserve. Maybe I am being a bit vague in specifics, but if I were the 'spooks' charged with eavesdropping on ATS, my job would be a lot easier if I could feed disinfo and get the conspiracists talking about movies and video games.

It would be interesting if there was a way that we could analyze the threads to see what is really going on during all this, and how it could relate to the timing of the 'drone' releases. It seems logical to me, that much of the discussion on here each day comes from sources such as C2C's news feeds so to speak. Not all... but definitely some each day. So it would not be hard to think that would be a good place to send fantastic disinfo to. Then you have Earthfiles/LMH 'investigate' for an audience that I would say does not include as many skeptics as ATS. Knowing this would rub some people wrong here, that it would cause hundreds of responses/distractions if the timing is well done. Then again, maybe it is egotistical to think that such a nefarious plan would be created for just US.... But I am sure this 'story' touches others in different ways, and maybe the ATS factor of it is an Arm, or a Toe of a larger body...

I also find it interesting that all this is happening while one thread on here did exactly what I was saying. It slipped down the rankings while people discuss in a frenzy 'new' info from "issac". The thread I am talking about is the one discussing a campaign of disinfo against the ufo community. I can't find it right now. This is also happening in the thread about a staged alien invasion. For all we know, Chad, Raj, and Issac are all members of ATS, and all based in Langley, VA, and have been studying how 'mob investigation' works.

What ever the case is, I am cooling my attention on the 'drones'. Until I see one flying in front of me with my own eyes, I will not believe. I will not believe video or photos. I have not believed in photos since I took a course in art history that illustrated that photography has never been 'scientific' proof. That there has been photo doctoring since there has been photography.

Eye on the Prize,
DocMoreau

(PS is the Afro smiley new?)

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Doc, good eye. I put this thread here with an idea that some people might see it as just enough out of place to check it out, and yet, it does tie to myths and urban legends, because the whole GR/drone thing has not died. This is on it's way to becoming an urban legend.

The myth is that this was ALL a hoax. Sure, it was a good surface hoax, and our myth busters shot it down. But the players didn't act like the usual hoaxers. There was a tangible air of more to all this, and that in the end will create the mythic quality to this tale.

What was hidden in the hoax? Who was supposed to find that hidden information, and what were they supposed to do with it?

I'm reminded of the old time agents who took out a cryptic ad in a major newspaper. "Joe S. your family misses you, contact us. All is forgiven." Which was just a code that the right reader of that paper knew what it meant. Now this latest hoax has that same feel.

Yes, this is not over, and it is on such shaky endings that myths and legends are born.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Very intersting ideas. I am not sure where all this will lead. I am sure there is more coming, but it will take some time to create something more fantastic than the Issac contributions to this tale....

DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Doc, you are right. But something will come along, it's only if we will notice it or not. You can almost feel it in the air, like waiting for thunder after you see the lightning.

It seems that there are/were two sets of players, and ATS was the board they moved their pieces on.

We'll just have to watch.

Edit to add: I will keep an eye out for your posts here, so if you see anything that will fit into this legend, let me know in case I miss it.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by NGC2736]

new topics

top topics

join