It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop versus kids on skateboards on "national go skateboard day..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I myself don't skateboard, I ride bmx bikes, but I have a lot of friends that skate, and me and my friends are treated exactly the same in most places, so I know how this kind of situation can feel... sort of.
For this guy to do something like this to kids that obviously weren't involved in whatever originally got him called or all wound up is just absurd, and shouldn't just be overlooked...

part 1 www.youtube.com...

part 2 www.youtube.com...

"you just strangleized a little girl"

[edit on 27-6-2007 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
so these kids break city ordinance, have no courtesy for the people trying to walk on the sidewalks, then LOW AND BEHOLD the video starts late so you don't see the kids being little punks and opening their mouths and talking back when I'm sure the officer asked them to stop.....then they all run from the cop and think thats ok.....I see nothing wrong with ANYTHING I watched....these kids could have avoided it all by simply stopping...letting the officer tell them, "hey your not allowed to skate in this part of town, so go somewhere else" then leaving...but noooo...they run, resist, and act like they should be able to do anything they want. Its the typical attitude of todays youth.

And your comment about the girl....hey he told her have a seat, she says no and starts running...welcome to the real world kid....she gets it too...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
There is already a thread on this topic.Please read before you post. www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-6-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975
so these kids break city ordinance, have no courtesy for the people trying to walk on the sidewalks, then LOW AND BEHOLD the video starts late so you don't see the kids being little punks and opening their mouths and talking back when I'm sure the officer asked them to stop.....then they all run from the cop and think thats ok..And your comment about the girl....hey he told her have a seat, she says no and starts running...welcome to the real world kid....she gets it too...

i have been discussing this on another forum.
you really don't think the cop over reacted?

how do you know the kids were being 'little punks'? i hear them asking the cop questions and even calling him sir.
also, they didn't ALL run from the cop. ONE kid ran and the cop gave chase...matter of fact, the other kid that was cuffed said he is not gonna run and is going to stay there. while we are at it, that is negligence on the cops part. once you cuff someone, he is in their custody. he broke protocol by puling a carl lewis and sprinting after the other kid, leaving the cuffed kid on the ground.
also, the girl did NOT start running. the cop picked the one kid up and sat him down and the girl took a couple steps(not running) and the cop jumps up with "ok, you're under arrest too" then he grabs her up by her neck. then he grabs the other kid and has them both in a headlock.
notice the other cop being a tad more gentle and basically holding the one kid there by his shirt.

this cop over reacted BIG TIME...ok, no skating on the sidewalks. city ordinace....could the cop not have stopped, tried to talk and maybe give them a citation? seems to me the cop was letting his emotions get the best of him. the kids were asking questions wantng to know what is going on, calling him sir and he is being a jerk.

another absolute freak out, over reaction by the 'law'.
all that was really necessary cause some kids were skating?

i am glad they got it on tape. i hope they get the charges dropped...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
as always...

two sides to every story and this video doesn't show the entire incident.

skate boards need to be kept off of sidewalks and hand rails, find a park!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
As a mother of a 20 year old that at one point in time did the same this kids has done and braking city ordnance, he and his friends were never mistreated, touched or hand tied and arrested for been just kids.

Yes the trill was to be running away from the cops while on their skateboards. . .

Now that he is 20 he remembers to be something silly that they did but nerveless exiting in their teen personal views at that time, will he do it now? no he said no realy because that was something that was part of childhood.

My question will be, when this cameras phones will become a problem for police to the point to be banned in certain places..

So far I have seen many police officers caught in compromising situations because of them.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
as always...

so the cops reaction was warranted?
what the video does not sho were them skating...

what is skateboard day anyway??

people are such whiners(not you)...i just mean people

oh me oh my.....kids are skating on the sidewalk....oh the horror.
i'd much rather have them hanging about doing nothing at all.....i know having a fun as a kid is becoming a past time.
sad really. people act like boards are evil.
i don't get it

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

My question will be, when this cameras phones will become a problem for police to the point to be banned in certain places..

So far I have seen many police officers caught in compromising situations because of them.

i'm sure that will happen. easier to ban things like that(another unenforceable law) than take measures to make sure the cops behave properly..

i wonder if they go after j walkers with such fervor(sp).
i mean, those j walkers can be dangerous

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
as always...

Yes and we saw BOTH sides, the kids were on skateboards thats it, all the cop had to do was talk to them, etc, but instead, he was like confused, and violent, grabbing people, he looked like he didnt know what he was doing. He was out of order. And its pretty obvious. And thats no way to treat a girl. She posed no threat.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Yes and we saw BOTH sides, the kids were on skateboards thats it, all the cop had to do was talk to them, etc, but instead, he was like confused, and violent, grabbing people, he looked like he didnt know what he was doing. He was out of order. And its pretty obvious. And thats no way to treat a girl. She posed no threat.

totally agreed. the girl did not run. ALL of them did not run.
the guy clearly let his emotions get in the way...i mean, when you have several kids there and one cuffed on the ground, why would you break out in sprint after the 1 kid that is running?

what would posess him to grab a young girl up by her neck? she was not running, irate, threatening or anything like that...
the guy was clearly a prick and things like this are hapening all too often.

i wonder how some would feel if it was their children. i am not talking about getting a good scolding for skating on the sidewalk. i'm talking if that girl was your daughter and you watched this tape? you telling me that you'd have no problems with the way he yoked her?

i sure know i would

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Typical BS in police state USA.

Don't these guys have murderers and rapists to catch, instead of bullying little kids?

I guess bullying teenagers is easier, they're a lot less likely to fight back than real criminals.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
There is already a thread on this topic.Please read before you post. www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-6-2007 by AccessDenied]

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join