It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosie O'Donnel - 9/11 'Truther' or (attention seeker)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
OKAY folks - which is it? Does Rosie O'Donnel really believe what she spews? Or is she just spouting rhetoric to get publicity? Or is it both?

Take a long hard look at what Rosie Dearest did to her little four year old child - in this picture at her website. Rosie is allegedly anti-gun - but she has armed guards around her and dresses her four year old child as a terrorist/soldier complete with bullets and everythng.

Her way of life is 'do as I say, not as I do'.
She's obviously a hypocrite when it comes to gun control.
So is she a hypocrite when it comes to 9/11?

Is she just pushing the latest 9/11 conspiracy theories because she's has so much venom against the Republican administration ... or because she wants publicity ... or because she's off her rocker .... or because she really thinks she's doing a public service and wants to get to 'the truth'??

(MOD EDIT: Title adjustment. Keep the language civil.)

[edit on 6/28/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
She believes what she spews. Sadly, she is just plain clueless as to reality and continues to vomit out non-factual misinformation.

As far as the pic of her kid, I believe she is making some kind of anti-war statement or something to the effect of how children in the middle east are living.

I'm all for free speech and soap box rants but she has to at least do some real homework and get some facts and not just spew what she see's written by a blogger.

Behind it all she gets the publicity she wants so its a complete cycle for her.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
OKAY folks - which is it? Does Rosie O'Donnel really believe what she spews? Or is she just spouting rhetoric to get publicity? Or is it both?

Take a long hard look at what Rosie Dearest did to her little four year old child - in this picture at her website. Rosie is allegedly anti-gun - but she has armed guards around her and dresses her four year old child as a terrorist/soldier complete with bullets and everythng.

Her way of life is 'do as I say, not as I do'.
She's obviously a hypocrite when it comes to gun control.
So is she a hypocrite when it comes to 9/11?

Is she just pushing the latest 9/11 conspiracy theories because she's has so much venom against the Republican administration ... or because she wants publicity ... or because she's off her rocker .... or because she really thinks she's doing a public service and wants to get to 'the truth'??

It's no big deal, it was a dress up party and the daughter wanted to dress up like her brothers in shooting them with water guns etc. There obviously not real bullets for one and its only a dress up party.

She has armed guards because she is famous, also the fact that she is part of the 9/11 Truth in spreading the word, and probably has recieved numerous threats by pro-bush supporters, so why wouldnt she protect herself and her family with armed guards, I would.

BeZerK

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeZerk
It's no big deal, it was a dress up party .......

IMHO - It is a big deal. If you are anti-gun, you don't dress up you kids with guns and bullets. It sends a message. It may not be the 'real thing' .. but it sends a message.

That would be like a priest getting his picture taken with playboy bunnies. No big deal right? he didn't DO anything with them.... but it sends a message, doesn't it?

Edited to add - she's anti-gun and has armed guards. She claims it's for protection. But at the same time she is denying the average American THEIR right to protect themselves by owning guns. The average American needs to be able to protect themselves just like she does .. she isn't better or more deserving of protection just because she's famous.

[edit on 6/27/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeZerk
It's no big deal, it was a dress up party .......

IMHO - It is a big deal. If you are anti-gun, you don't dress up you kids with guns and bullets. It sends a message. It may not be the 'real thing' .. but it sends a message.

That would be like a priest getting his picture taken with playboy bunnies. No big deal right? he didn't DO anything with them.... but it sends a message, doesn't it?

Edited to add - she's anti-gun and has armed guards. She claims it's for protection. But at the same time she is denying the average American THEIR right to protect themselves by owning guns. The average American needs to be able to protect themselves just like she does .. she isn't better or more deserving of protection just because she's famous.[edit on 6/27/2007 by FlyersFan]

I guess you have a point

In reference to what she is doing to spread the word about 9/11 and issues surrounding it i am in full support of her.

BeZerK

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Most people are ’media whores’, especially in Hollywood. People love attention in general; this is not unique to Rosie O’Donnel. But when everything is said and done, why the hell do you care? Who cares what Rosie O’Donnel does or doesn’t do? What the hell does this issue about anti-gun or pro-gun have anything to do with 9/11 Truth?

Why do people get sucked into arguing about the people whom try to spread (their interpretation) of the truth instead of discussing the message at hand? I don’t care about Rosie O’Donnel, I don’t care whether or not she is an attention seeking whore, I care about the message, the content and not the semantics surrounding it.

Rosie is at least helping break the delusion that the official 9/11 theory is correct, which so many are still living under.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerBeast
why the hell do you care? Who cares what Rosie O’Donnel does or doesn’t do?

The messenger is very important. People judge the message by who brings it. It's just psychology 101. She's a loud mouthed flake with blaring anti-republican rhetoric. No matter what she says - if it's true or not - people will judge what she says by HER.

If she were to come out and say that today is Wednesday (it is) .. people would be checking their calendars to see if it's true.

People will judge the validity of 'truthers' by who their poster child is .. and right now it's ROSIE.

What the hell does this issue about anti-gun or pro-gun have anything to do with 9/11 Truth?

I was pointing out how she lives in hypocrisy and doesn't believe what she preaches. If even she doesnt' behave or believe what she spouts .. why should anyone else believe her about 9/11 (or anything else??)

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The messenger is very important. People judge the message by who brings it. It's just psychology 101. She's a loud mouthed flake with blaring anti-republican rhetoric. No matter what she says - if it's true or not - people will judge what she says by HER.

Indeed, people do. But that does not mean this is a constructive and positive quality in human beings. In other words, we should refrain from doing this if at all possible.

I was pointing out how she lives in hypocrisy and doesn't believe what she preaches. If even she doesnt' behave or believe what she spouts .. why should anyone else believe her about 9/11 (or anything else??)

Why should anyone believe in anyone? Who told you to believe in Rosie O’Donnel?

I’ll quote Buddah here:

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." –Buddha

Think for your self!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I didnt see where this was a costume party or something along those lines.

If that was the case then I was mistaken about her attempt to make an anti-war statement.

BUT...

It then means she is a hypocrite

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
FLYERSFAN,

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Now, i am incredibly and extremely impressed with this posting ^ and your answer lies there.

Rosie is just SPEAKING THE TRUTH and nothing but the truth.

The jig is up. There's enough material there to satisfy just about everyone on this board who is not in DENIAL.

*A MUST READ FOR EVERY MEMBER*

My hat's off to the author of that thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I was hoping this wouldnt turn into an all out 9/11 debate and I am not going to get sucked into it other than saying that there are opposing viewpoints to the thread listed above.

Its pointless to debate it as each side will not give up on their positions and I guess I am in denial.

As far as Rosie...there is a time and a place for her to run at the mouth. I never thought womens morning television (where she has little to no opposition) was the place for it.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There will always be opposing viewpoints

when so many remain in denial. People will look for every excuse under the sun not to have to go through the pain of realizing the truth.

Its human nature.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Sorry, Rosie is just using this as a vehicle to further her career. Funny thing is that it might have backfired and cost her the chance to take over from Bob Barker on the Price is Right. Lets face it, The View was scripted like professional wrestling is.

As far as Rosie needing protection from a pro Bush threat, how stupid can you get? On the remote chance that there is anything to the "Truth" movement, Rosie is the perfect smokescreen. If anything it is the "Truth" people that she should be needing protection from. If any of them are smart enough to realize the damage that she has done to what little credability they might have had.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499--
Sorry, Rosie is just using this as a vehicle to further her career.

How do you figure that out? Sorry but claiming 9-11 was an inside job on national TV is not a good place to go for career enhancement.

As LurkerBeast asked, why do you care so much what Rosie thinks?

Is Rosie the messenger? Of course not, the message is already out there, sealed stamped and delivered, for all those not wearing blinkers...

Focus on the issues, not the people who have an opinion on the issues you don't like. That gets us nowhere, but of course it's a common political tactic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so what if she's anti-republican? How evil she must be.

Don't you believe in freedom of choice? Freedom of expression? Seems like you want to squash those ideals to me.
You are promoting the very things you all claim to hate about Russia and China, a one party country with no freedom of speech or expression.

I think you've all lost the plot, you obviously don't know what freedom is anymore. Or is it that only your version of freedom is the right one?

How about forgetting your parties manifesto and thinking for yourselves for a change. Otherwise you all deserve the future that's coming...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Is Rosie the messenger?

She is definately a high profile messenger of the 9/11 'truthers'. Probably the one that gets the most attention. Therefore, people WILL associate 9/11 'truthers' with Rosie .. negatively too.

Focus on the issues, not the people ...

That can't be done. Psychologically speaking it's not the way humans work. We associate the message with the messenger.

And so what if she's anti-republican?

That taints her as biased against the administration and not open to the pure facts .. which may or may not lead in an anti-republican direction.

Don't you believe in ...

That's just partisan and off topic. Rosie and her position in the 'truth' movement is what is being discussed.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
But....FF, what about that thread i mentioned???

Did you look or was it too painful?

If its too painful for people to review that thread i understand.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
But....FF, what about that thread i mentioned???

I saw that. I gave it a flag (even though he's quoting idiots like Chavez as a 'whistleblower'
) But I don't understand what it has to do with Rosie O'Donnel and the question of her being a sincere 'truther' or a just a hypocritial media whore.

Off topic - It's blaz'n hot here .. dg - wish I was at Cape Cod with ya .. swimming in the cool ocean!

[edit on 6/27/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Miss O'Donnel is just a media whore . She will attach herself to anything
that's loud , abrasive and figures largely in the public eye for the
attention . She's a mentally unstable person what an attention need .
A bi-polor that's craves attention like a drug .. Did anyone notice how she jumped on the " Price is Right " thing in a second . ? It's media attention
that she craves .

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I THINK ROSIE IS AN ASS FOR PARADING HER DAUGHTER THAT WAY.

Its disgusting and despicable.

What she says about 911 IS THE TRUTH.

So i make 2 points here.

Come on down FF, lets go swimming and talk politics

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You know I wasn't even going to read this post , but the more I thought about Rosie, the more inferiated I become. IMO, Rosie is one of if not the biggest, media whore of our time. Just to hear her voice on tv makes me want to put a railroad spike through my forehead. She is fake and souless. She is truly an evil entity that deserves absolutly no respect in life.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

because I believe it to be the truth, yes she's right about 9/11. good for her . millions of others feel the same way. I trully believe that she doesn't care about anyone or anything in life. She only says what she is told to say . she is a puppet of puppets....I got go i can't sit here any longer

top topics

<<   2 >>

join