It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who's ready to Quit society?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Quitting society

Ok the idea is that we as a people are controlled and manipulated by government but it fact its this thing called society.

Its not al that fare fetched , in fact its very clear, no matter where you look in the world, media and history. Take a look, this is the foundation in which we bass our lives.

We are taught as children by our parents that school is essential to learn the basics eventually leading to a point where we should be self sufficient for society when we are past a certain age. We are also told that we should go to college to better our knowledge of the world and learn a skill or a trade and achieve a degree that says you’ve spent X amount of years and X amount of money to achieve a bench mark on the social ladder. After words go on to make money to buy the fundamentals of life like a house, car eventually get married and have kids and be come the ideal contributor to society.

Of if your not so lucky to go to college base upon you your ethnic background or social statues that your better off going into the military where you’ll learn a trade and skill and money for college at the price of you servitude. Fighting for your country in the name of freedom and democracy.

This is the world in which we live, its what we are taught.

Here we are but a number, a contributor, expendable asset for other to succeed and manipulate to better themselves and deepen their pockets. Yet every one is so individualized yet so much alike, who has the same ideas and aspirations in life, to succeed in life. Everyone goes about it in different ways and manages to but heads over the same things.

THE QUESTION
Ok enough of that now here the kicker.
Do you ever stop to think that there has to be more or a simpler way of life? Time and time again I’ve thought about this even more now, Every job I ever had I question why or what the f am I doing here I know I have to work and make money to eat and have a place to sleep but why is this the way its has to be done. Because this is the way the world works? Every one does it and no one questions it. I’m mean life doesn’t have to be so dame complicated the world doesn’t have to be so meshed together in chaos

There are a lot jobs in the world but how many actually makes sense, I mean working at McDonalds pays your bill but teaches you what? How to flip pre cooked meat. there are so many stupid things we have in our live that we could live with out and if you sit down and think about it for a while you’d think of many I’m sure.

Ok this very think I’ve always question has taken me from college to job to job to even to the army all of which I’ve quite because of this very question I’ve ponder. Yeah some may say I’m a loser just don’t know what I want in life and its all part of growing up bla bla bla… But I do know and its becoming ever so clearly to. I’m just not cut out for society period because to me it just doesn’t work. I really hate being around people everything make me mad. I consider my self to be unique in many ways.

I’m truly on the verge of dropping everything, backing up some gear and just start walking away from it all.
I think every one in their life should go on a vision quest or a walkabout and just question everything and determine what’s important in life. Find their true path in life not just a dead end job that get you no where. Even people who are doing good, what ever that means? are merely distracted.

I’d be nice if things were different or even getting better, where every body stopped being stupid and coming up with ideal on how to better the world and acting on them but they just an’t period, you ever dream of a world where everything in harmony and peaceful where life actually make sense and there's purpose. Well its just that a dream there’s to many heads to turn.

But my question

Who here feels the same?? Are you ready and able to make such a big sacrifice to just quit society as We know it?

[edit on 27-6-2007 by pweagle]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
My second question is what would be your ideal society?

that’s the idea but when does the past come to kick us in the butt with old ways a habits. Its true every one needs to get back to their true roots, bat to earth. My family is generally dysfunctional but as open minded as they would seem its still not enough to convince them other wise. I’m desperately trying to convince my younger sister who lives in the middle of L.A. alone to get out well she can but she’s stuck in la la land I don’t mean stuck she just in her comfort zone.

I think that a place away from the general public the masses I mean. would be ideal. But I think the point would to be to set on example. The dame think is that ever inch of this earth seems to be own by someone every continent even Antarctica is claimed by some country in on way or another. Even land that you own can be confiscated due to not paying taxes or some other crap. So its like being between a rock and hard place.

I don’t know hat you have planed biggie but I’d like to hear what you have in mind.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by pweagle]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
People need to get back to farming and living off the land. A society that does not know how or have the ability to provide for itself is lost and under complete controll of corporations.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ive all ready quite my job a few months ago, i'm now moving back to where my family is to spend some time with them.
I'm also going to be looking for a place in the mountains and start stocking up on some food and water, some vegetable/fruit seeds.
I too think we should go back to being at one with nature, as the Native Indians have allways tried to tell/warn us about.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I've been ready to leave "society" as you call it ever since I was born into this world.

Being around too many people gives me a headache and I feel it is hard to deal with ignorance for much longer. I can sustain moderate amounts of ignorance, but after a while I just feel sick.

People are being lead down a certain path and don't even see or care.

It greatly angers me sometimes, but I know there is nothing really I can.

I can only show one little piece of the truth at a time or denial sets in big time.

I have been trying to get my friends and family to open up, but I have little success.

I guess it just takes time...

"Time is on my side, yes it is."

People need to return to the Earth. She is calling us and I feel it in my bones. I have only begun my journey and I am glad to see there are many others who are doing the same.

I'll see you on the other side brothers and sisters

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Are you suggesting organizing a clan and starting over like the pilgrims?
Is there anywhere possible you could pull this off without static?
hmmm

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Are you suggesting organizing a clan and starting over like the pilgrims?
Is there anywhere possible you could pull this off without static?
hmmm

I have already begun "organizing a clan" as you call it. I wouldn't say I have members yet, but willing participants. I am currently recruiting if you're interested

I plan on leaving within the next few years. Just picking up some resources, books, and seeds and jetting out.

I may leave behind a route for like-minded individuals to follow...Call it a treasure map of sorts.

Only the good willed will find it. Selfish ones will be trapped along the way.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The sad truth of the matter is that most people aren't ready to leave their lives of convenience because they're brought up to believe that it's necessary to their survival from the day they were born. Growing up, all you ever hear is that you need to buy this, this, or this, or you'll never be able to get the most out of life. I'm personally curious to see what would happen to this world if most of our modern day technologies were suddenly taken away and people couldn't watch or read about their favorite reality TV shows or that silly Hilton woman. Perhaps then, and only then would we find that most people would start actually thinking about that which truly matters.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Im interested in where the village will be located.
A place were you can live without people messing with you, a place that has necesary recources to live.
The village?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gray Fox
Perhaps then, and only then would we find that most people would start actually thinking about that which truly matters.

It is a sad state that our world is in. I think we may need a crisis that brings the world to its knees before we figure out how to behave...Which I feel may be pretty soon.

We have gone pretty far in terms of destroying our planet. Our planet is attempting to rid the parasite that has infected it for such a long time.

Pretty much all of us have become virus.' The only way to change our sad state of affairs is to change our ways.

We must return to Spirit. This means reconnecting with our natural state.

We are all one on this planet. We are one being.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pweagle
Quitting society
Who here feels the same?? Are you ready and able to make such a big sacrifice to just quit society as We know it?

It's against terms and conditions to post a one liner response to a thread...
but in response to the OP...
O U 8 1 2

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well I thought this might come in handy, for those who might seek the wilderness or if theres no source for power...

A lighter is great but when you have no gas left...
Fire from a Condom

I would keeping the lighter/matches for rainy/cloudy days.

Edit to add:

you can also do this with animal intestine.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by SpaceBits]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It's nice to know that there are others that feel this way. Sociologists call this personality a retreatist, if you are trying to set an example however they would call you a revolutionary.

It seems to me that many people who have a substantial knowledge of how society operates desire to pack up and start fresh. Not many realize this dream though due to the perceived difficulty that comes with self sufficiency. Separatists communities have been attempted throughout history with various levels of success, just look to the Amish.

I would like to take part in a experimental society. Perhaps one that incorporates agriculture, science, technology, and tolerance. Aside from the costs of land, materials, and equipment; it would not be too difficult to build a new community that accommodates a comfortable lifestyle if you had enough people to help.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
If most of people quit society, well, we are doomed. In a few decades we would multiply so much and eat most of the resources, so wars are starvation would be imminent. Similar to scenarios in movies like Postman, Mad Max and Waterworld.

But you can do other thing - stop watching the news, don't jump like a trained dog when there is a terror alert and tell other people what is going on, how most of the Constitution went down the toilet in the name of fear and how we need to do something in order to restore some order. We need new world order, but this time run by people not vampires.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
If most of people quit society, well, we are doomed. In a few decades we would multiply so much and eat most of the resources, so wars are starvation would be imminent. Similar to scenarios in movies like Postman, Mad Max and Waterworld.

But you can do other thing - stop watching the news, don't jump like a trained dog when there is a terror alert and tell other people what is going on, how most of the Constitution went down the toilet in the name of fear and how we need to do something in order to restore some order. We need new world order, but this time run by people not vampires.

[edit on 27-6-2007 by sb2012]

I dont think it would really be quiting society it would be more like a cell splitting. I think for man to evolve to a better us we just might have to step back and rediscover nature, by living it.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Money is not a means of living it's a means for the rich to control the unfortunate. If you have no needs no one can have what you want, there for they can not have power over you. We work harder everyday to make less money for us but more money for the rich, when technology is supposed to make our lives simpler. But it doesnt, in most homes both parents need to work just to pay the bills, there too bissy to spend time with there kids.

Imagine I have a brand new truck and wanted to give it away to somone for free.
What do you think would happend? I would have about 10 new friends in a few minutes willing to do almost anything for the truck.

Thats sad.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The whole idea of people leaving is so that society crumbles.

We need a reworking of how the world works. It hasn't been properly maintained by our forefathers. It is up to the current generation, as hard as it may seem, to make it right.

We are relinquishing power from the baby boomers. They grew up in a much different world than today.

Their threats may have been real, but ours are certainly imaginary (terrorism). We are a united world in many ways, but we still must learn to live locally. Family is still the most important thing aside from God. The funny thing about that, is that we are all family.

We must learn to treat our brothers and sisters with respect. I find that most people will not be able to do so. They can't treat themselves with respect. How will they able to do the same to others?

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well to bad there isnt a simple solution but maybe we could try this

``Pay It Forward'' advances the altruistic idea that if everyone would do something nice to help three people and if those three people would each do something nice for three other people, well, then, the world would be a swell place to live.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
The whole idea of people leaving is so that society crumbles.

I don't think that's the idea that was being put forth.

Some, such as myself, have thought of leaving society alltogether, moving to a remote wilderness area, becoming completely self-sufficient by living off the land, because we think our life would have more meaning and fulfillment that way; society crumbling not being our aim.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I was ready along long time ago. I just dont see any point to waking up every morning going to work earn money which is NEEDED to buy food and pay the bills, to me there is no life to that its more like robots following commands and if you dont join the way of these robots then your considered screwed.
Lately ive been seeing things clearer and what i thought were so hard a few weeks ago they seem so simply and easy to take in. When im out and about i look around and there's people rushing from one place to another and i really dont see the point so ive reached the point were i just dont have a care in the world.
The harsh words people say to eachother that upsets them mean nothing to me because they are just words nothing else, just sound. Someone could say im a failure to society or they are ashamed of me and it wouldnt bother me a bit because i see that they are just words in the form of sound.
Even though i like learning skills which are considered NEEDED to fit into society, i only want to learn the skills that im interested in and i like to learn them my own way because when you learn them by yourself you understand a lot quicker IMO.
This is probably the longest post ive typed on this forum so im gona stop now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join