It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unusual military heliocopters over Central Vermont

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I live in Barre, vermont right in the middle of the state. on monday i heard a EXTREMELY loud sound of heliocopters they ere very very loud i saw at least 2 of them it could have been more fly by off to the south not too far away. they appeared to be very streamlined not like a police or a news and were dark like a black color. ealier that day my mom saw them very low over the house and she said they were defenly black.

That is very unusual for here i have lived here for 20 years and never saw military heliocopters. i have seen only hospitol one which is green and white it flys over often from a local hospital to new hampshire. the closest military base is in burlington where the vermont airnational guards are that is about 50 miles away and have never seen them over here. There is also an airport over here they were heading in that general direction its a small regional airport.

Anyone else late monday afternoon see or hear anything like this in the central VT area. i think its just odd that they are over here.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
In the last month I've seen military helicopters on 4 different days, all in 2-3 formation. I've never seen them before, maybe just training or something but still odd.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
where are you located. i also rememberd there is a brand new naval airstation up at the national guard base i heard their will be black hawk heliocopters there. im not sure if thats what i saw but usually they never come out as far as where i live. i see jets all the time in williston and burlington areas but they usually dont go go much further east then that.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Maybe I should of said, sorry I'm in California. I've seen 3 formations of 3 chinooks and 1 2 chopper formation of blackhawks in the last month.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Sounds like the A-66 Comanche Stealth 'copter.

Have a look at the Wiki article and see it's photos. Remember the wheels retract in flight so it would look like this with no wheels.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.aeronautics.ru...

[edit on 27-6-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hey Mate, I don't know about helicopters, but the other day....I would guess it was about the same day you had your sighting......There was a loud noise....now that I think about it it could have been the sound from a low helicopter(s), the noise reflecting off the cloud cover (overcast that day)....it was so loud though, and with such a rumble, I half expected a mothership to come rolling out of the clouds...

top topics

join