It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA says unmoved by Italian report linking aspartame to Cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah, isn't aspartame a derivation or close cousin to the acid secreted by ants' mouth parts, the acid they use to kill each other and cut leaves and what-not?

I mean, ant acid..there's bad pun in there somewhere, but I ain't fielding it.

Okay, I will. The primary 'inactive' ingredient in MAALOX is (drum roll please) aspartame.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
FDA is all about special-interests, putting poison in people, it's sickening.... www.321recipes.com...

Prior to the approval of aspartame, the FDA sent two specialized teams to G.D. Searle, and found an ghastly 95% level of mis-directed testing, concealed tests, collusion between corporate and their company-funded research, inappropriate antemortum issues, withholding of material facts, alteration of records, lying to investigators, lost records, no records, falsification of reports, bribery, poor test methodology or design....et al...

Former corporate officials, who began working for the Food and Drug Administration (and vice versa), were very cavalier about issues uncovered at Searle regarding their drug processing, and about aspartame. Some, with a hidden agenda of promised secret money or better industry jobs, actively hindered the investigation into G.D. Searle's laboratory practices. It is obvious when you see the records and numbers, and WHERE those jobs were.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The one reason I don't consume any diet sodas is simple:

- Diet coke strips paint (multiple layers at one time) from metal doors. Regular soda barely does. It works better than paint strippers from home improvement stores.

- Diet soda cleans iron/rust stains from toilet bowls better than leading brands do. Again, my results with diet soda surpassed regular soda.

The only reason I know this is I was trying to strip paint off my apartment door years ago and nothing worked. This was likely due to the fact there were five or six coats of paint on the door. This is because common practice is to simply repaint everything when tenants vacate. I went on-line and found the diet coke solution. It specifically said that regular coke would not work. Since that's all I had on hand I tried it and found the website to be accurate. A trip to Publix took care of that.

Given that success I tried the toilet bowl one day in our little-used guest bathroom. Success again.

Anything that strips paint or removes iron/rust from toilet bowls is not going in my body.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have no idea how aspartame is still used... it tastes bloody awful !

What is wrong with a little sugar? With all the grease, preservatives, and chemicals we are putting in our bodies, we're worried about sugar?!

Anyhow... anyone notice on that list of what aspartame is in on aspartames website... they actually have "Frozen Ice" listed.

A : Why would there be sweetener in ice?
and
B : Why do they feel it's necessary to call it frozen ice... there's another kind?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join