It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condemned Convict Wants to Die Laughing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Patrick Knight murdered two elderly neighbors in 1991. Now, he wants to "keep his execution light."

A Texas man scheduled to be executed on Tuesday wants to die laughing.

Patrick Knight, 39, has been soliciting jokes on the Internet and plans to tell one of them before receiving a lethal injection, Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokeswoman Michelle Lyons said on Monday.

Knight was sentenced to die for the August 1991 murder of his two elderly neighbors in Amarillo, Texas.

www.reuters.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Here are some humorous last words:

How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? French fries.
Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.
~~ James French, d. 1966

Well, gentlemen, you are about to see a baked Appel.
Executed in electric chair in New York.
~~ George Appel, d. 1928

I'd like to thank my family for loving me and taking care of me. And the rest of the world can kiss my ass.
Executed by injection, Texas.
~~ Johnny Frank Garrett, Sr., d. February 11, 1992

www.corsinet.com...

[edit on 2007/6/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Gotta hand them some credit for laughing right in death's face.

"Where's a stunt double when you really need one?"

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Huh. Kind of makes you wonder if this guy has any remorse at all. Although I'm sure it's his way of dealing with a scary situation. Especially if he thinks he may spend the rest of his life in hell or something.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
yeahh i am sure the famliy of the two elderly neighbors he killed would find it very amusing.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
what a way to go
laugh in the face of the victims, what a joke in its self

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I do believe his statement to tell a joke was ment as sarcasim. His joke was that he was innocent and that he was not Patrick Knight.

cnn.com

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
His joke was that he was innocent and that he was not Patrick Knight.

You didn't read the story very carefully.

His voice shaking and nearly in tears, he said, "Not all of us are innocent, but those are."

After expressing love to some friends, he said, "I said I was going to tell a joke. Death has set me free. That's the biggest joke. I deserve this."

"And the other joke is that I am not Patrick Bryan Knight and y'all can't stop this execution now. Go ahead, I'm finished."

us.cnn.com...

I think he admitted his guilt, but he was a smart-ass to the end.

I hope he died with a contrite heart.

I'm certain that his identity was never in question, even if his guilt might have been.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
And if he's come to terms with his guilt in this life, why does that immediately require one to be sad and self loathing? After all, when one is at peace, one has no choice to be content, and find possibly humor in even the most dreadful of things.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I hope he died with a contrite heart.

Ya know Grady, I think he did. Some of his last words really struck me. "But when the moment came, Knight thanked God for his friends and asked for help for innocent men on death row. He named several he said were innocent. His voice shaking and nearly in tears, he said, "Not all of us are innocent, but those are."

For him to acknowledge he wasn't innocent of his crime and for him to do something selfless in those last moments of his life in naming some people on death row who may be innocent speaks volumes. Do I still think he deserved to die - yes, but he went out like a man.

B.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yeah, he didn't tell a joke last night. He was trembling and made plea for people to realize that there are many innocent people in prison.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
For him to acknowledge he wasn't innocent of his crime and for him to do something selfless in those last moments of his life in naming some people on death row who may be innocent speaks volumes.B.

I thought the same thing, but he couldn't resist being a smart-ass in the end.

Only God knows what was in his heart and I do hope it was contrition.

new topics

top topics

join