It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By rapidly shifting the perspective on these images, your brain interprets them and you see 3-D!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Good gosh, I've seen hundreds of optical illusions in my days. I don't know where to begin.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm more impressed with the static images that appear to be moving. I forget what they were called, but they looked like moving gears or pinwheels, iirc.

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Now, if only our government can use this new technology to manipulate our brains to believe everything we see. lol. sorry.

I really dig this. My wife is a photographer and I'm forwarding the provided website along to her. Very good find!

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't see anything, no matter how hard I stare or not stare at the images...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This isn't anything to be fascinated about. This isn't 3D, it is just depth perseption in 2D. The reason humans have natural depth perseption is because we have 2 eyes, that are not in the same spot. Each eye see's a different angle, or perspective. If you cover one eye, you loose that depth perseption.

These pictures, are like having 2 eyes on one photo. You get the same effect by closing and opening your eyes rapidly, one at a time. Left, Right, Left, Right......

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
This isn't anything to be fascinated about. This isn't 3D, it is just depth perseption in 2D. The reason humans have natural depth perseption is because we have 2 eyes, that are not in the same spot. Each eye see's a different angle, or perspective. If you cover one eye, you loose that depth perseption.

These pictures, are like having 2 eyes on one photo. You get the same effect by closing and opening your eyes rapidly, one at a time. Left, Right, Left, Right......

it's fascinating because humans have a natural depth perception and when we close one eye we lose half the depth we perceive. there is no depth perception when we view regular photographs, unless otherwise manipulated with 3D imaging, holograms, or a depth device such as mention previously. with this shift manipulation, we can still cover one eye and the picture still appears to be 3D.

if you don't find it interesting, move on. don't try to convince others that they're not interested.

[edit on 28-6-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I'm more impressed with the static images that appear to be moving. I forget what they were called, but they looked like moving gears or pinwheels, iirc.

Like this?

Search for static optical illusions!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
thats a good example of how what is real is not always what you see, as in alot of these 'drone' hoaxers

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
thats a good example of how what is real is not always what you see, as in alot of these 'drone' hoaxers

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
thanks quasar as i go puke now...

seriously...regarding 2 frames wobbling back and forth.. if you go to youtube you can see endless streams of frames called "video" that look like a picture is constantly moving! *sarcasm*

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
awesome

now do the same with a pic of a hot naked chick

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I didn't mean to sound facetious but I'm still not in awe here, you can get the same effect by rapidly blinking your eyes alternatively you know... hold your finger up in front of your face a few inches from your nose and try it.

Does this example (of using ones finger) actually count? I thought my finger was already a 3 dimensional object... Whereas a photograph is one 2 dimensional and the flickr effect fools the brain into 3 d.

I can see my finger as 3 dimensional without blinking rapidly or closing one eye etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eonnn
awesome

now do the same with a pic of a hot naked chick

I guess you didn't click on any of the links huh? Go back look again...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join