It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunguska Impact point may have been found!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Italian researchers, led by marine geologist Luca Gasperini believe the strike point may be where Lake Cheko now sits. They say little evidence of this lake existing before 1908 can be found, and it's located within 5 miles of the blasts supposed epicenter. They have discovered a strange, funnel-like shape on the bottom of the lake, consistent with an impact origin. They are going to be drilling into it to see what they can uncover.

www.skyandtelescope.com...

This could be a potential bombshell if the UFO theory pans out!

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am the first one to WANT to believe a UFO strike is a possible explanation, however, according to the article below, the researchers will be going back to the area to dig even deeper looking for evidence of a meteor impact resulting from either an asteroid or a comet. I'm not saying a UFO impact could not be the case but I believe all of the excitement is just from the idea that the lake may be the impact area, regardless of the event that caused it.

news.aol.com...

I find it interesting that the lake had been considered but ruled out as an option about 40 years ago but modern technology has now put all of that in a new light once again.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
hate to kill your thread but I've alredy posted this here..

tungusk solved

join